Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Sheffield on Sunday

40 posts in this topic

Can we go there and finally end the hoodoo?

Or are we going to be cannon fodder again?

Hoping for a much improved display but cant see us getting a win - a BP would do.

Thought?

Sooner or later  our shocking run of defeats against Sheffield will come to an end remember Saints had a similer run against Warrington. The players must believe and this Sunday is as good a time as any to start. Still hoping for 1 or two additions to bolster our run in. A centre and more power up front would do nicely thanks The next 6 games are vital for the future of our team. see you Sunday Buford at the Woodman for another game day experiance on " The Coma Bus and beyond " and a win at Owlerton to boost our survival hopes.

i'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say a narrow win to the dogs to break the sheff hoodoo 24-20 , whitehaven used to hold the same hoodoo over us and we broke that a few years back so owt can appen

Yep, I'm not looking forward to visting the stadium, but I am confident of all three points! 28 - 10 to the Dawgs

well if players can get themselves up for this one then so should the fans,, :bb:  i know we have a couple a players with knocks and bangs but if we can cut out some a the silly offloads that go to ground. then we might be in with a chance, throw ball out wide rather than that rubbish dink over on last straight to their man, baffle them a bit and try something different like a cut out like we have done and scored.sheffield have some real talant but if  we can compete and take a narrow win it would really build the confidence to give leigh a bashing at home, i would love it...lol. :aggressive: so its heart thinking dogs 22 gulls 14,, but head thinking gulls 38 dogs 12.

Well, it's said that there's a first time for everything.

Me - I'm not so sure but I'm looking forward to playing stand off - or should that be five eighth - for Australia, anyway.

Seriously - now's your chance.  We've not done great at home.

This isn't the Sheffield team of previous years . I've seen them a couple of times and they were underwhelming . The ground move hasn't helped either . I don't think they're a confident outfit

Yet another defeat to our nemesis rumour has it the rugby league have let them already put

the 3points on.They will just raise their game game like they always do against us and game over.

Think this may be the best chance you will have of winning, as Owlerton isn't a happy place for the Eagles but I will still stay faithful and go for an Eagles win. On a more social side for those fancying a reyt good breakfast or burger challenge along with some really good BEER/LAGER/ALE visit the New Barrack Tavern on penistone road only 5 minutes walk from Owlerton. Plenty of parking on the side street next to it and even room for a coach. Hope to see you there.

Yep, I'm not looking forward to visting the stadium, but I am confident of all three points! 28 - 10 to the Dawgs

Right on both counts! A great performance from all the team and a ###### of a place to watch RL

Right on both counts! A great performance from all the team and a ###### of a place to watch RL

Was you playing at home?  :tease:

Great result from your lot today - really put the cat among the pigeons too!

What an exciting league eh?

SL - paaah!

i thought you said youd to keep away from the Batley forum........man up and go.....FFS

I always enjoy your comments Eddie, I can tell they put an immense amount of strain on your intellect. Nice of you to add a selfie at the end too.

Went to the game today having some intrest in jordan grayston who's just signed for the bulldogs and with piggies mates warning he'd be lucky to get a game if miles greenwood was fit see what you mean piggy old lad he's pure class, brave ,positional perfect ,always looking to support an alround good fullback, only thing in Jordan's favour is he's 5 or 6 years younger and id think a shade fasteri but he'll after bide his time watch a master and hope a place comes up somewhere mk

He'll get a chance Reg we have a happy history of giving our players a leg up the ladder not stamping on their hands so their mates can hang-on ;)

Great result from your lot today - really put the cat among the pigeons too!

What an exciting league eh?

SL - paaah!

Couldn't agree more. We would have been in real trouble if we hadn't have won today. Even with a win, it is still too close to call!

This league is where it's at . After next week there could easy be a couple of points between about six teams !! I still think five down is to brutal, but it's certainly fascinating - premier sports should be rueing spitting the dummy

he will get his chance next season as greenwood had signed for fev

Yawn.....I see it's started again.

If the acquisition of Jamie Rooney is anything to go by, I'd consider lowering your transfer market expectations for the close season.

i thought you said youd to keep away from the Batley forum........man up and go.....FFS

That was probably last season. Sorry I'm here to stay!

I always enjoy your comments Eddie, I can tell they put an immense amount of strain on your intellect. Nice of you to add a selfie at the end too.

Coolie taught me everything I know. 

he will get his chance next season as greenwood had signed for fev

And I suppose this comes from a "reliable source"?

Deary me today. Silly season has started early.

That was probably last season. Sorry I'm here to stay!

Until Dewsbury start losing again, Rombo. You normally go VERY quiet then. And let's face it, that has happened a lot of times.

Until Dewsbury start losing again, Rombo. You normally go VERY quiet then. And let's face it, that has happened a lot of times.

Not as quiet as your fans were when we last played you. Mind you in saying that, most of your 'fans' walked out with 15 minutes to play!