Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Duel reg

61 posts in this topic

Tony harrinson on twitter

After extensive research, I believe two Championship clubs breached Rule B3: 17: 1 at the weekend. I also understand RFL investigating

Probably, he also said he understands Batley is one of them

Could be Hornets or Doncaster. They are the 2 teams that seem to be playing the more established first teamers recently such as Ben Crooks and Shannon O Donnel

Certainly wasn't Town as the 3 DR's were Murphy (20 games for Town pre-deadline); Farrell (11 games pre-deadline) and Burke (4 games pre-deadline).    If it is going to mean points deductions for the guilty teams they need to get on with it and save others a lot of unnecessary worry, especially those in the relegation fight.

Yep, Rochdale won't make much difference as there down. Big implications on batley, if they get 6-9 points deduction there down. I know one thing, if it was town or haven we'd have the book thrown at us.

Let's hope it is Batley and it's hefty points deductions ( nothing personal ) . I think we all need to be relieved of unnecessary worry. This whole thing is killing us ! Tis me anyway , I've felt poorly all week thinking of Sunday !!

Said at the weekend there was no way adam swift could play dr for Rochdale he hadn't all season at least haven and town have done it the right way we've basically used the same players all season

If they'd lost it wouldn't matter as much but since they won surely THEY MUST have a points deduction or be forced to replay otherwise what's to stop other clubs doing it??

If a club has done a boo - boo on DR then common sense says the points earned in that match should be taken away ... If true , has the RFL got a backbone ????

Loans are included ... Please tell me Dec isn't in this ?

Loans are included ... Please tell me Dec isn't in this ?

you just have to be loaned before the deadline. We could have loaned Joel tomkins last Friday and he would have been eligible to play. Dec was extended before the cut off time. We're more than covered. No need to worry on our behalf.

Swift let 72 points in at full back for Rochdale last week so how can they penalise them more -))

You'd think it would be hard as a club to mess this up . The rules are there in black n white . No excuses here , watch this space I guess

Hull played Jamie Thackray (I think) as an ineligible player in the Challenge Cup a few years ago - and you'd think those rules would be much clearer than DR

I can see DR is more complicated, judging by what has been posted on here recently, but at the end of the day its up to the clubs to comply, not cry wolf after the event

Indeed . Fans are confused , but no excuse for the clubs and parent clubs of the player who know all the cap info not to be on the ball

From RFL Operational Rules

B3:17 Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games.

Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs.

Speculation but the only players I can see this would apply to are Swift at Rochdale - he scored a try but they got tonked by Leigh. For Batley - can only be Fairbank and he scored a try in their win at Sheffield

Fairbank at Batley had only played 1 game for them so unless he had joined them on loan prior to deadline day they will be in trouble.

It's batley,Dewsbury and Donny who are being investigated. Dewsbury denying any wrong doing and adamant they were within there rights, batley- no comment! Hmmmm

Hopefully the RFL act quickly . Before Sundays games . These set of games are the most crucial this season , and realistically there could be two points between five or six teams , so decisive action required here me thinks