Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOWN TILL I DIE

Points Deduction?

297 posts in this topic

Looks like the RFL are looking into serious breach of the dual reg by yourselves on Sunday? B3: 17: 1 could be curtains if found guilty ?

Looks like the RFL are looking into serious breach of the dual reg by yourselves on Sunday? B3: 17: 1 could be curtains if found guilty ?

you got a link to this info please.??who shouldent we have had on pitch..

Given his loan deals with Bradford and Wakefield this season (which will have significantly lowered his salary cap value) and the fact that he's only a peripheral first team player at Huddersfield, I'd doubt that Fairbank is worth more than 20k on their cap.

If true, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the work of a certain coach whom we faced during one of our most recent games.

No luck about it. The rules are there and the clubs should know them. This issue was highlighted on this forum last week several days before the game took place and I believe it was also raised after the team was announced. If there has been a breach then the club will have to accept whatever punishment is handed out just like the two players had to.

Hearing unconfirmed rumours it is us and Fairbank. Hello Oxford and Coventry.

Absolute farce

Drug bans, gambling bans, intelligible players for a small family club we don't half invite trouble. We have one of the most experienced chairmen in the game who is a solicitor by trade & one of the most experienced coaches in the game. Surely one of the them must have known the rules as Fred says people on here did. The farce that is dual reg is really coming home to roost. I feel really disappointed.

Given his loan deals with Bradford and Wakefield this season (which will have significantly lowered his salary cap value) and the fact that he's only a peripheral first team player at Huddersfield, I'd doubt that Fairbank is worth more than 20k on their cap.

If true, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the work of a certain coach whom we faced during one of our most recent games.

if you think fairbank is on less than 20k then your way off mate

I heard that Fairbank had signed on loan for the rest of the season as opposed to DR. Not sure if that is true or if it changes anything.

I thought the rule also stated if was over 20k,had to off played 3 times for us which I think Fairbank did before deadline

Can't see how we have broken it,we have had Fairbank play for us 3 times before Sheffield,if on loan then don't matter either way,same rule for dr to loan play 3 times

So because of speculation that it's batley on your forum then it is us,wait and see what comes out of our own club

Can't guarantee how accurate this is: http://www.loverugbyleague.com/stats/players/Jacob-Fairbank/

Genuinely hope you're not deducted points. After the season we've all had it would be horrendous if that fifth place was settled by a points deduction.

I think thats pretty accurate, i dont remeber him playing in any other games for us.

If hes not on loan, we are up the creek.

Hope KN has a legal loophole up his sleeve if it comes to it.

If it is us, and we've used Fairbank either unwittingly or in full knowledge that he's ineligible, then we deserve all we get - no two ways about it.

If such a simple error has been made - and at such a crucial stage of an absolutely crucial season, then it's an absolute farce and an indictment of those in charge.

Hope I'm wrong though, and our legendary PR team confused 'loan deal' with 'dual reg'.

AS from this week you can only d/r players that have played 3 times before.Does not matter if he hadnt played,it was before the deadline.Although i was led to believe that the 3 match rule was the week before.

hope there is a statement from the club to let us know exactly what's going on and if we are in danger of losing points

Deadline was Friday 25th July I pointed this out on  a thread on here about lack of players coming in 

Deadline was Friday 25th July I pointed this out on a thread on here about lack of players coming in

We're all aware of when the deadline was, but thanks for taking time to point it out to us all.

Can't see how we have broken it,we have had Fairbank play for us 3 times before Sheffield,if on loan then don't matter either way,same rule for dr to loan play 3 times

But he hasn't played 3 times this season so unless it was a loan signing it looks like a breach

If it is us, and we've used Fairbank either unwittingly or in full knowledge that he's ineligible, then we deserve all we get - no two ways about it.

If such a simple error has been made - and at such a crucial stage of an absolutely crucial season, then it's an absolute farce and an indictment of those in charge.

Hope I'm wrong though, and our legendary PR team confused 'loan deal' with 'dual reg'.

Whatever the outcome it shows what a mess the DR has become

Have to agree, the irony is though that Kear has refused to use it much this season, and when we were down to the bare bones he uses it and this happens!

KN put an interesting post on another thread about how busy he was with club business last week with Harrison being on holiday - it wouldnt be beyond the realms of fantasy that this was overlooked because of this, though i would have thought at the very least JK would be aware of this when he picked him!

Another question nagging me - with 5 games left if we do get docked points, when will the RFL do this? They are notoriously slow - probably do it the Friday before the last game when its impossible for us to know what we need to make up.

After this season's trials and tribulations around dual registration, I totally agree.

However, if you are going to use the system, you need to ensure that the rules (simple rules, in this case), are adhered to.

I thought I had read somewhere that Fairbank was with us till the end of the season, which would suggest a loan:

B3:17  "Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games. 
Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs."

C1:2:16 e  "where the Player concerned has previously been Dual Registered to the loanee Club the loan agreement must extend to the end of the Season without any clauses allowing the Player to return to the Super League Club prior to the conclusion of the Championships Club’s final competitive match of the Season."

So if its a loan agreement we are fine, it just means Jacob cannot play in any Play Off games.

If it is still just a DR deal I can only hope he isn't classed as category A,B,C or D, otherwise we will be in breach of the rules.

I would assume all this was checked out fully prior to the game on Sunday and it is just internet gossip (note it has come from one of our relegation rivals).

Of course the club could clear this up in a second by telling us whether it was a loan or DR agreement.

Now if only I could remember where I read he was here till season's end.