Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOWN TILL I DIE

Points Deduction?

297 posts in this topic

This speculation needs nipping in the bud if it is a loan.

Can anyone connected with the club on here please organise a statement?

Id say its pretty urgent that one is made to clarify this situation.

I thought I had read somewhere that Fairbank was with us till the end of the season, which would suggest a loan:

B3:17  "Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games. Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs."

C1:2:16 e  "where the Player concerned has previously been Dual Registered to the loanee Club the loan agreement must extend to the end of the Season without any clauses allowing the Player to return to the Super League Club prior to the conclusion of the Championships Club’s final competitive match of the Season."

So if its a loan agreement we are fine, it just means Jacob cannot play in any Play Off games.

If it is still just a DR deal I can only hope he isn't classed as category A,B,C or D, otherwise we will be in breach of the rules.

I would assume all this was checked out fully prior to the game on Sunday and it is just internet gossip (note it has come from one of our relegation rivals).

Of course the club could clear this up in a second by telling us whether it was a loan or DR agreement.

Now if only I could remember where I read he was here till season's end.

I remember reading the same "until the end if the season" quote but this rumour hasn't been started by fans of other clubs but by coaches of clubs within the decision and this has been picked up by reporters etc

Have to agree, the irony is though that Kear has refused to use it much this season, and when we were down to the bare bones he uses it and this happens!

KN put an interesting post on another thread about how busy he was with club business last week with Harrison being on holiday - it wouldnt be beyond the realms of fantasy that this was overlooked because of this, though i would have thought at the very least JK would be aware of this when he picked him!

Another question nagging me - with 5 games left if we do get docked points, when will the RFL do this? They are notoriously slow - probably do it the Friday before the last game when its impossible for us to know what we need to make up.

It can't be more than a 3 point deduction so the RFL wait until you are definitely safe and then deduct the points so nobody is upset.....

Clarifying the situation for the worried fans?! I think you may be urinating in the wind with that one, Buford.

Nothing ' comes ' from other fans ... It originates way further up and filters down !

This speculation needs nipping in the bud if it is a loan.

Can anyone connected with the club on here please organise a statement?

Id say its pretty urgent that one is made to clarify this situation.

The match report on the club's official website refers to Fairbank as being on dual registration.

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/670-eagles-hoodoo-finally-smashed

The further good news for the visitors was the re-introduction of dual-registered duo Jacob Fairbank and Josh Johnson who bolstered an injury-hit Bulldogs' pack.

Yeah this hasn't come from town, it's come from reporters and was just posted on our forum. It's the RFL so you never know what happens as far as punishment goes. The 3 points should definitely be lost, but then what? Do they give the points to sheffield(this would be unfair as I'm sure batley would have won with or without him). Or do they make you's do a replay? Either way it needs to be sorted for yourselves and other teams around you.

Points shouldn't be awarded to Sheffield or the game replayed

Points shouldn't be awarded to Sheffield or the game replayed

just a deduction to batley? Let's be honest it's the RFL they could do anything couldn't they.

just a deduction to batley? Let's be honest it's the RFL they could do anything couldn't they.

Yes just a deduction for Batley if found guilty

i think if they knew just how hard it is for the fans at this point in time we would have confirmation that he was on LOAN, and everything is in order,were going into the next game with all this hanging around and am sure it will effect the players too, means more to all the fans than some bod up at mount think. and if we are in breech then thats really made a mockery of all the effort the players have put in. :rtfm:

The match report on the club's official website refers to Fairbank as being on dual registration.

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/670-eagles-hoodoo-finally-smashed

The further good news for the visitors was the re-introduction of dual-registered duo Jacob Fairbank and Josh Johnson who bolstered an injury-hit Bulldogs' pack.

TBH, that was only my assumption when writing the piece. I have not been given any information by the club to suggest either Fairbank and Johnson are actually on loan at the moment, but that's not to say that might not be the case.

according to Gareth walker its us ,dewsbury and donny but does say that RFL hasn't confirmed which clubs are under investigation

I think this is all wind and p*ss tbh. The salary cap's £20k value is only applicable to the top 25 players at the parent club, see rule below:

A Club’s “Players” are the 25 Players registered with the Club and eligible to play in the Super League who have the highest Salary Cap Values at the time in question,

I don't think that Fairbank would be in the top 25 earners at Huddersfield, so therefore I don't think there will be a case to answer. This rule seems to suggest he is not counted in the £1.825M salary cap at Huddersfield and therefore will not have a salary cap value, even if he is earning more than £20k.  

That will be how Leeds put it's squad laced with internationals together for under £1.825M, and Leigh have managed to sign such a fantastic squad for £400k in the Championship.

Course you would lee

Well he is listed in their first team squad list on their website........

It would be a sad day to lose batley from the championship based on a stupid error. There may not be a case but seeing as though your chairman posts on this forum from time to time you would have expected him to have made a comment immediately if there was not any truth in this, as I am sure he will be aware of it.

I think as no comment has been made it possibly confirms that the 'rumour' is not just a rumour its fact.

I hope that its not the case but if it is whatever the outcome it will open a whole can of worms.

If Batley are deducted and it relegates them there will be uproar from Batley, if there is no deduction and sheffield find themselves relegated (which I can't see happening anyway) they would be in uproar as they were the team that were beaten when the ineligible player played, and finally whichever team does get relegated by a point to two they too will be not so happy if Batley escaped a deduction.

If you weigh up all these scenarios and put yourself in the shoes of the RFL, the most simple solution to not open up all these cans of worms is to deduct Batley and do it quickly so they know what has to be done for the remainder of the season. Alternatively they will drag their feet and leave it out of Batley hands.

personally i think it will be sorted fairly quickly as this situation would also affect the final play off positions.  

Given that up to three clubs are involved in the mess, could it be possible that there may have been some communicational mess-up from the powers-that-be? It would seem unlikely that three separate clubs would make the same mistake?