Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOWN TILL I DIE

Points Deduction?

297 posts in this topic

Don't panic.

do you know something that we don't ? Hope so.........

I agree quick response is needed foremost

Given that up to three clubs are involved in the mess, could it be possible that there may have been some communicational mess-up from the powers-that-be? It would seem unlikely that three separate clubs would make the same mistake?

there is a lot at stake for all clubs at the top and the bottom. 

do you know something that we don't ? Hope so.........

I don't unfortunately. But still, let's keep calm.

Hope this doesn't unsettle the lads ahead of Sundays game, a game we now need to win.

I hate DR and bonus points with a passion,but as is always point out to me them are the rules. As is those around who is eligible to play.If the rules have been breach and given he scored a try in a tight game then I can't see how they can avoid awarding a points deduction .In such an important season where a ridiculous 5 teams go down then there should be no grey areas ,DR players if we have to have them should be able to play up to a certain date,after that they are either on loan for the rest of the season or they can't play.This would stop SL teams taking the Mick with DR

It would be a sad day to lose batley from the championship based on a stupid error.

Stupid errors often decide games.  Cups and championships have been won and lost on them.

I hate DR and bonus points with a passion,but as is always point out to me them are the rules. As is those around who is eligible to play.If the rules have been breach and given he scored a try in a tight game then I can't see how they can avoid awarding a points deduction .In such an important season where a ridiculous 5 teams go down then there should be no grey areas ,DR players if we have to have them should be able to play up to a certain date,after that they are either on loan for the rest of the season or they can't play.This would stop SL teams taking the Mick with DR

And of coarse as you are in the mix for relegation you would say that, dog eat dog and all that. As there has been nothing official from the club i will keep my thaughts on this one to myself. Apart from the obvious one that DR is a crock of ***** and the people that voted this idiotic system in have a lot to answer for. I await the clubs response on this.

And of coarse as you are in the mix for relegation you would say that, dog eat dog and all that. As there has been nothing official from the club i will keep my thaughts on this one to myself. Apart from the obvious one that DR is a crock of ***** and the people that voted this idiotic system in have a lot to answer for. I await the clubs response on this.

Irrespective of who I support DR has been a farce from day 1 and this is just the type of finale that the system deserves - confusion and a mess all around

Yes we are in the mix but we also are aware of the rules,i said IF you have breached them and if you have are you saying you should not be deducted the points from that game ??

last week in the deadline thread i posted

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/256084-deadline-tomorrow/

if fans are aware of the rules then clubs should be.Its obvious if 4 clubs have brached it then the rules can be open to interpretation, but given that 10 clubs managed to abied by them then its not our fault IF you havent . If the shoe was on the other foot , no doubt you would be saying haven had nothing wrong let them keep the points

Given that up to three clubs are involved in the mess, could it be possible that there may have been some communicational mess-up from the powers-that-be? It would seem unlikely that three separate clubs would make the same mistake?

Dewsbury have issued a statement on their DR position this evening:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/256459-sam-wood-dual-registration-statement/

I would expect something similar from all of the other clubs involved.

Yes we are in the mix but we also are aware of the rules,i said IF you have breached them and if you have are you saying you should not be deducted the points from that game ??

if fans are aware of the rules then clubs should be.Its obvious if 4 clubs have brached it then the rules can be open to interpretation, but given that 10 clubs managed to abied by them then its not our fault IF you havent . If the shoe was on the other foot , no doubt you would be saying haven had nothing wrong let them keep the points

Have i said that "No" As far as i am aware there has been no decition made by anyone on this. We are innocent untill proven guilty then like any other club we will take the medicine. But at the moment stop talking about improving your own precarious position at my clubs expense. Try winning games that will get you the points required for safety.

Oh i see Dewsbury have issued a statement hope ours is forthcoming shortly.

well it comes to something if we have got ourselves in bother and  a fan knew more than the bod, good call 4ever but wouldent it be great if they ditched all this complicated dr/loan, lads just want to play the game so lets have a simple loan of up to 3 players and they have to be at that club for at least 5 games, skip all the bonus point papola and get scrums back to what they was when it were tough. :download:

am sure we will be fine and its a simple error :pickeat:

well it comes to something if we have got ourselves in bother and  a fan knew more than the bod, good call 4ever but wouldent it be great if they ditched all this complicated dr/loan, lads just want to play the game so lets have a simple loan of up to 3 players and they have to be at that club for at least 5 games, skip all the bonus point papola and get scrums back to what they was when it were tough. :download:

am sure we will be fine and its a simple error :pickeat:

agree ditch DR and the BP

From the Yorkshire Evening Post Batley are cooperating with the investigation. http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rl-headlines/batley-bulldogs-batley-cooperating-with-rfl-s-ineligible-player-investigation-1-6761459

Bulldogs chairman Kevin Nicholas said the club is cooperating with the investigation.

“We haven’t deliberately played somebody when we’ve been told not to play them,” Nicholas stressed. “We have got to provide a response (by today), which we will do and we’ll see what position the RFL take after that.”

Its a case of waiting for the facts before giving an opinion. 

' deliberately ' isn't exactly a confident reposte ?

i think that quote from KN is probably an admission or acknowledgement of the cock up but not that it has been done deliberately, which i am sure is true, but whether that excuse is sufficient for leniency is another story and only time will tell. Again will the RFL will take the easy option rather than potentially opening up numerous cans of worms for other clubs who may be affected. On that basis I think all three clubs will be either fined or deducted points and i am sure a fine would suit all of them 

Might suit them , but what about the other teams directly affected . The rules are clear , and should be easily adhered between the parent club ( with the cap info ) , and the partner club ( with the info on how often the player has played , and when ) . If broken , then ignorance is no defence . Fine will be a cop out

Would Jacob have been valued at over £20k at the start of the season when he played against keighley?

' deliberately ' isn't exactly a confident reposte ?

sounds like the defence is we didnt know he was not able to play,if so then i think its no defence given teams dont have to be announced until 1 hr before kick off

But what if they didn't know due to Jacobs salary value being less at the point of registering with us?

Are they saying it's Huddersfield fault?