Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Coates

Dual-registration inquiry

144 posts in this topic

Personally

i think the sheffield game should be replayed

16th august 2014 is free ;)

8pm kick off ;)

Naa Coolie. Just deduct the doggies three points. Much better option...

LATEST FROM RED HALL

Rumors are Strikes garden center at Red Hall will today announce a summer sale on all bedding plants etc.further updates to follow.

And the results are in:

Batley with a loss of 3 points.

Doncaster with a loss of 3 points (set to appeal)

Think to get a deduction of only 3 points is a lucky result.

So Batley and Donny get their points back because they prove others have got away with it in the past! If I go out tonight and commit a murder, robbery; can I get away with it if I prove others have got away with it before?

What message does that send out for the future? Let's all ignore the rules...it doesn't matter, others have ignored them before. Good old rugby.

Hear, hear. No axe to grind against either Batley or Doncaster, especially as we trained some of their better players. There is nothing in the RFL statement which shows that they were NOT guilty but just implies they won't be punished. So if a player is suspended for fighting and he can show somebody else was treated differently will he get off. The RFL is going down a very dodgy legal path. Can other clubs lodge and appeal/judicial review against this judgement?

Let's see who ends up in 10th place then let more fun commence.

More importantly it means that we are highly likely to be fighting for 5th now. Keighley will be fired up this Sunday and will be no-ones' pushover.

Just because clubs last season did it and weren't punished, why should this be relevant this season? Why not punish this season clubs and set a standard for seasons to come. Can't just not punish based on the season previous! Might as well just throw away the rule book if this is the standard of administration at the RFL.

I commented earlier today, on other social media, that we should be able to appeal for more points to be added to our total. We could have gained more wins if we had signed more dual reg players on more than the 20K limit. After all, we wouldn't have been punished.

At the end of the day though, we know at the Rams that we have done everything by the book this season and are staying in the league without cheating the rules. Our heads will be held high.

Just because clubs last season did it and weren't punished, why should this be relevant this season? Why not punish this season clubs and set a standard for seasons to come. Can't just not punish based on the season previous! Might as well just throw away the rule book if this is the standard of administration at the RFL.

I commented earlier today, on other social media, that we should be able to appeal for more points to be added to our total. We could have gained more wins if we had signed more dual reg players on more than the 20K limit. After all, we wouldn't have been punished.

At the end of the day though, we know at the Rams that we have done everything by the book this season and are staying in the league without cheating the rules. Our heads will be held high.

So are you suggesting that Batley cheated?

Hear, hear. No axe to grind against either Batley or Doncaster, especially as we trained some of their better players. There is nothing in the RFL statement which shows that they were NOT guilty but just implies they won't be punished. So if a player is suspended for fighting and he can show somebody else was treated differently will he get off. The RFL is going down a very dodgy legal path. Can other clubs lodge and appeal/judicial review against this judgement?

Not get off, but will receive the same or an equivalent punishment as the aforementioned player, unless he did indeed get off. Referring to your specific point here therefore, it is why the RFL have guidelines and grades for charges and subsequent sanctions.

Didn't they break the rules...?

Yes, unwittingly, as they have openly admitted. But I asked you whether you thought they had they had cheated.

So are you suggesting that Batley cheated?

I believe that in order to cheat, first you have to know what you are doing. So no, Batley didn't cheat.

I believe that in order to cheat, first you have to know what you are doing. So no, Batley didn't cheat.

My thoughts entirely. We were ignorant, and deserved our punishment in my opinion. But the RFL have unfortunately left themselves open to this kind of outcome through a lack of a consistent approach in this matter. 

Ok, so cheated should be changed to broke the rules. Sorry boss.

I just feel that there is a world of difference between the two statements which is worth pointing out.

You may not like it NR but it is known as due process; if the RFL had failed to follow that there would have been an even bigger storm. I suspect that the original independent tribunal made ther judgement without having been informed that there were precedents in the previous season, so their penalty was fair according to the information that they had.

In reality though it is all a storm in a tea cup, unless you are the 10th placed club.

I see your point BSJ. Just shows that the RFL didn't have all their facts together when making the original judgement. Who would have believed it....

Whichever way you look at it Batley and Doncaster broke the rules and have been lucky enough to get away with because the rfl couldn't organise a booze up in a pub without something going wrong.It happened to two teams last season,so we have to let two teams off this season, two wrongs don't make a right whichever way we look at it.Batley must think xmas has come early.

If the doggies avoid the drop then I'm sure either the Whitehaven or Keighley fans will be left with a very sour taste in the mouth...

IT would be interesting to no who sits on these so called independent panels,when you think they also sit on the discipline   committee and we all know what a right cock up they make of that,one player from super league one from the championship on the same charge  the championship player will always get the longer ban, now is that justice,and as just simple people it is hard to understand how they come to there decisions??   

IT would be interesting to no who sits on these so called independent panels,when you think they also sit on the discipline   committee and we all know what a right cock up they make of that,one player from super league one from the championship on the same charge  the championship player will always get the longer ban, now is that justice,and as just simple people it is hard to understand how they come to there decisions??   

The information is available from the RFL if you ask them. It isn't the same group of people who serve on the disciplinary committee as far as I know. They are also, as far as I understand it, far more capable of making their judgements than any posters on these forums. I bet that comes as a mighty shock!