Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liam12

bobbie goulding

111 posts in this topic

I am very pleased to read that Paul is being nominated as a director.

I agree Paul is very passionate about the club and i am sure there is a role he can fill with so many director positions empty

I agree Paul is very passionate about the club and i am sure there is a role he can fill with so many director positions empty

i agree there is a role for Paul, the role of being Willie 2 Horns!

Heard that myself Mike, he sounded quite upbeat and focused on the long term.

Simply putting yourself forward to be a Director doesn't work unless you know what position you can fill at the club, During 2011 a few of the Directors put themselves forward for a particular role as in Fundraising but once a few meetings had gone by it was apparent they only wanted a title with a badge.

I disagree with that Neil. Isn't that what a BOD is about. You sit around the table and decide what everyone is going to do as a team. You don't dictate to people or split people up into groups. Isn't it about working together. Thats my point about people who own their own business's and come onto the BOD, there so use to having things there own way that they forget the bigger picture.

I disagree with that Neil. Isn't that what a BOD is about. You sit around the table and decide what everyone is going to do as a team. You don't dictate to people or split people up into groups. Isn't it about working together. Thats my point about people who own their own business's and come onto the BOD, there so use to having things there own way that they forget the bigger picture.

Gary any well run club has its members that fill up individual roles/positions as in secretary,fundraiser,finance,chairman etc: If the individuals need help then this can be by a sub comitee (none directors).  The Directors have serious responsibility for the running of the club and as a business (not a darts team or knitting club). Each director should bring a report to the meeting which is discussed between the members and minuted for reference and review at the next meeting. This way is no dictatorship it is simply how its done correctly. Some people believe that a chairman runs a club but that is far from what the role is about, a chairman simply keeps order in the meetings and has a casting vote only.  I would suggest before you make another comment on running clubs that you read the clubs articles of association followed by companies house responsibility's  of being a director.

The club needs a mix of strong knowledgeable characters to put there ideas forward otherwise you have one individual running the club together with a load of nodding donkeys.

Yes Gaz you minion how dare you disagree with Neil!

Why dont you put yourself forward Jamie, you have plenty to say ha ha

Why dont you put yourself forward Jamie, you have plenty to say ha ha

I like to go pay to watch and then go home after the game.

I am very pleased to read that Paul is being nominated as a director.

Read the article in tonight's mail about Paul wanting to join the board. Really hope he gets voted on, as he sounds exactly the sort of person we need. Unfortunately I can't make the agm because I' m on my holidays, i'am very interested to see what comes out of it.

The good news is I'm also missing the Keighley match, so I won't be like a bear with a sore head for most of the week. Lol

I'm sad to say I have declined the contract offer from @BarrowRaiders .This job needs fulltime coach/manager to move club forward #sorry

This of twitter just now.

Wow!

So will the "local coach" that people have been asking for step forward?

I'm sad to say I have declined the contract offer from @BarrowRaiders .This job needs fulltime coach/manager to move club forward #sorry

This of twitter just now.

Cant help but think good!

Perhaps the focus can get back to the team/club rather than one man and his big ego.

Cant help but think good!

Perhaps the focus can get back to the team/club rather than one man and his big ego.

There's no way the 3rd tier of Rugby league merits a full time coach. Time to start looking for a replacement now, my preferred choice would be Gary Broadbent, done an absolutely fantastic job at Walney, and would command respect of the dressing room, going forward. 

There's no way the 3rd tier of Rugby league merits a full time coach. Time to start looking for a replacement now, my preferred choice would be Gary Broadbent, done an absolutely fantastic job at Walney, and would command respect of the dressing room, going forward. 

Cresta, Broadbent or Gary Charlton for me

According to the Evening Mail, he will still be in charge until the end of the season.

I think that would be a mistake

If he is leaving he should go straight away and let Phil and Dean stand in until the new man is appointed.

If Cresta doesn't want the job I'd be happy to see Gary Broadbent in the role. Charlton has proved he can coach at next seasons level too.