Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

Middle east violence

775 posts in this topic

Shome mishtake, shurely. I didn't reply.

Post #330.

Always amazed me how those who go the furthest to claim to be anti-Nazi are those that mirror their prejudices the most closely. You can add Ken Livingstone to that as well

Some would say and I would agree that it's the actions of the state of Israel that are nazi like.

Post #330.

See. It's not only you who can ignore the facts.

What a completely baseless comment

This thread is getting out of hand

How is anti-Semitism not akin to Nazism (on a much lesser scale)?

Or do you think wanting to ban Israelis from Bradford is acceptable?

Some would say and I would agree that it's the actions of the state of Israel that are nazi like.

So you think the Nazis were just defending themselves against terrorism?

The true Nazis are operating in Iraq and Syria but you don't seem bothered by them as they're not Jewish

Don't be ridiculous.

So wanting to ban Israelis from Bradford is not motivated by anti-Semitism?

It's a shame really.

Galloway is a very able politician in many ways.

But to use racism to pander to his constituency is very low indeed.

No it isn't it's anti-Zionist. Anti-Zionism is not synonymous with ant-Semitism. Maybe you think that ant-Zionist Jews are anti-Semites too? Self-hating Jews maybe?

That's totally OTT and in very poor taste.

The Nazis would have slaughtered the Palestinians in their quest for Lebensraum. The Israelis merely build settlements. There is nothing remotely close to genocide going on in Israel / Palestine but there are certainly Nazi-like Muslims in Iraq and Syria.

No it isn't it's anti-Zionist. Anti-Zionism is not synonymous with ant-Semitism. Maybe you think that ant-Zionist Jews are anti-Semites too? Self-hating Jews maybe?

That would be like banning Pakistanis but arguing that it wasn't anti-Muslim because not all Muslims are Pakistanis. Whether it is anti-Semitic or not, it is certainly racist.

Galloway is being investigated by West Yorkshire Police.

The Israelis merely build settlements.

Yup.  All they do is just move in a bit.  It's harmless really.

A quick point because I really can't be bothered going back all the posts from today...  Can someone please show me where A POSTER FROM THIS FORUM has referred to an Israel-criticising Jew as "self-hating" or similar?  It's getting boring seeing repeated posts about right wing posters pigeon-holing any criticism of Israel as anti-semitic (from non Jews) and self-hating (from Jews) when I've seen absolutely no evidence of any poster on this forum doing so.

How is anti-Semitism not akin to Nazism (on a much lesser scale)?

Or do you think wanting to ban Israelis from Bradford is acceptable?

Again you're deliberately equating Jews and zionists.

Yup.  All they do is just move in a bit.  It's harmless really.

It's not harmless but it isn't "Nazi" either. The Nazis started a war that killed tens of millions of people. They murdered about 8 million (not all Jews) in extermination camps. The Israelis have done nothing that is remotely comparable.

Again you're deliberately equating Jews and zionists.

No, you are equating Israelis and Zionists. That's like saying that all Iraqis are religious extremists.

So you think the Nazis were just defending themselves against terrorism?

The true Nazis are operating in Iraq and Syria but you don't seem bothered by them as they're not Jewish

The nazis were the aggressors in WW2 and the zionists are the aggressors in this conflict. As for Iraq and Syria I opposed the actions of the "west" from day 1 and if you go back you'll find I've started topics on both of these subjects first condemning the Iraq war and the "west's" support for the "rebels" in Syria.

Are you pretending to be this stupid?

The nazis were the aggressors in WW2 and the zionists are the aggressors in this conflict. As for Iraq and Syria I opposed the actions of the "west" from day 1 and if you go back you'll find I've started topics on both of these subjects first condemning the Iraq war and the "west's" support for the "rebels" in Syria.

I don't recall WW2 starting because Poland kept firing rockets into Germany!

It's a shame really.

Galloway is a very able politician in many ways.

But to use racism to pander to his constituency is very low indeed.

you can try and deliberately equate Zionism with Judaism all day long but the cold hard facts remain that not all Jews are zionists and not all zionists are Jews and the state of Israel doesn't represent or speak for the worlds Jewish population.

you can try and deliberately equate Zionism with Judaism all day long but the cold hard facts remain that not all Jews are zionists and not all zionists are Jews and the state of Israel doesn't represent or speak for the worlds Jewish population.

No, but Israeli is a race. You can't ban a specific race from anywhere and then argue that it isn't racism.

That's totally OTT and in very poor taste.

The Nazis would have slaughtered the Palestinians in their quest for Lebensraum. The Israelis merely build settlements. There is nothing remotely close to genocide going on in Israel / Palestine but there are certainly Nazi-like Muslims in Iraq and Syria.

Ahh! Your mask has slipped, "the Israelis merely build settlements."

It's not harmless but it isn't "Nazi" either. The Nazis started a war that killed tens of millions of people. They murdered about 8 million (not all Jews) in extermination camps. The Israelis have done nothing that is remotely comparable.

I think the word you're looking for is colonialism.

Ahh! Your mask has slipped, "the Israelis merely build settlements."

Mask?

Is it odd to consider genocide and settlement building to be different?

I'm not sure that the Poles would have been happy about the Germans building settlements in their country but I'm sure they'd have preferred it to their plans to exterminate them.