Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

Middle east violence

775 posts in this topic

The French are taking a leading role for once.Their President is the most unpopular ever in France.It will certainly get him

a lot of brownie points with the US.He might be Obamas new best friend.

I cant see Labour voting for another war.Might depend on the Libdems.All bets are off until the Scottish referendum is over.

The Iraqi Army with all the weaponry that the US gave them should have at least sabotaged their tanks and ammo before they hightailed it back to Baghdad.What makes the West think they will perform any better this time.

The French are taking a leading role for once. Their President is the most unpopular ever in France.It will certainly get him a lot of brownie points with the US.He might be Obamas new best friend.

The French have been taking the lead on combatting Islamic extremism for years in places like Libya, Mali, Chad and CAR.

The French have been taking the lead on combatting Islamic extremism for years in places like Libya, Mali, Chad and CAR.

Didn't know they they were in Libya.Is this since Ghadaffis overthrow?The place is a basket case.Who are they supporting?

That's amazing for a nation of surrender monkeys. ;)

Sooner or later, ISIS will have used up all the ammunition we gave it.

Don't worry about that, they can buy plenty more with the hundreds of millions of dollars they've brought in, no doubt tax free, in ransoms.

Don't worry about that, they can buy plenty more with the hundreds of millions of dollars they've brought in, no doubt tax free, in ransoms.

And Cameron is dancing to their tune.

Looks like the French and Austrians are bringing in some tough measures to tackle extremism; they'll be stripping the passports or even citizenship from their nationals who travel to fight with jihadists.

Looks like the French and Austrians are bringing in some tough measures to tackle extremism; they'll be stripping the passports or even citizenship from their nationals who travel to fight with jihadists.

Knee jerk.

The same applies to them as our own idiot Cameron, it's illegal to make somebody stateless under international law.  Popularist headline grabbing policy announcement, nothing to see here.

it's illegal to make somebody stateless under international law.  Popularist headline grabbing policy announcement, nothing to see here.

They've got to get back here first.

The last person I heard use that expression was Will Carling.

That was just before France beat England in Union.

The last person I heard use that expression was Will Carling.

That was just before France beat England in Union.

I know he clearly meant it in jest but it is a phrase entirely unwarranted in my opinion. Whilst they had a massive slip up in 1940, the French love a good scrap...

I know he clearly meant it in jest but it is a phrase entirely unwarranted in my opinion. Whilst they had a massive slip up in 1940, the French love a good scrap...

Militarily, their soldiers go out of their way to disprove any such stereotypes, their entire army is built on a massive chip on their shoulder about it.  That's no criticism as there's absolutely nothing wrong with this attitude in a military force!

French Foreign Legion

Knee jerk.

The same applies to them as our own idiot Cameron, it's illegal to make somebody stateless under international law.  Popularist headline grabbing policy announcement, nothing to see here.

Surely they have indicated that they are members if the Islamic state.

Surely they have indicated that they are members if the Islamic state.

Yeah because that's an actual state is it?

Just watched an interview with Max Blumenthal the author of "Goliath" about the Gaza war, on RT. He says there is an Hannibal order which is invoked when an IDF soldier is captured, which means to kill him to avoid having an hostage.They wiped out the area completely.And ensured he died.

He's actually fought for his country.

And? 

That doesn't automatically make someone right about everything. 

The Islamic fundamentalist nutjobs can call themselves whatever they like, but in the eyes of international law they're no more a state than Bradford would be if you declared it to be the State of Wolford6.

French Foreign Legion

guess what. They're foreign.

personally I'd go for the Free French, Dien Bien Phu, Verdun and so on.

As much as I've disliked his patronising and actually quite naive posts both on this thread

And I though moderators were supposed to avoid making personal comments.

Recently I've been told by you that I was a borderline psychopath who would "accidently" be shot by my own side if I was in the British military.

Hardly an isolated incident either.

Recently I've been told by you that I was a borderline psychopath who would "accidently" be shot by my own side if I was in the British military.

Hardly an isolated incident either.

No, they'd try to do it most days.

;):tongue: