Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM2

22/08/14 | London Skolars v Hunslet Hawks | 7.30pm | Friday Night Lights

43 posts in this topic

Friday Night Lights comes to Enfield for 2014

23rd July 2014

Our traditional Friday Night Lights fixture on the eve of the Tetley’s Rugby League Challenge Cup Final will take place this year at Enfield Town FC with a 7.30pm kick off.

With work on the redevelopment of the White Hart Lane Community Stadium delayed Enfield Town, our home for the majority of this season, have stepped in to host the Kingstone Press Championship 1 fixture against Hunslet Hawks.

Final preparations have yet to be confirmed but the current plans will see two Masters games take place on the adjacent pitches at Enfield Ignations RFC featuring, amongst others, the Political Animals and a London Select side followed by a game between a touring team from East Leeds who are set to take on the Skolars U15 side.

In addition there will be the traditional beer festival and food available prior to the main event.

Advance tickets are now available from the online shop priced £10 adults and £5 concessions with a Friday Night Lights ticket and a £27 Tetley’s Challenge Cup Final ticket available for a combined price of £32

It's a great night out and I hope I can make it.

Are there any plans for buses from a nearby train station? (I know Arriva have helped out in the past few years with shuttles from Wood Green to New River)

It's a great night out and I hope I can make it.

Are there any plans for buses from a nearby train station? (I know Arriva have helped out in the past few years with shuttles from Wood Green to New River)

You going to Wire v Cas/Widnes the day after?

You going to Wire v Cas/Widnes the day after?

Yeah think so - always good to take in an exhibition match after the cut and thrust of a Championship encounter with league points at stake!

10 of us coming down from North Wales Crusaders and meeting up with another 2 at Enfield. Looking forward to seeing old friends from Skolars.and meeting new ones from Hunslet.

A Leeds v Cas final should be good news for the Skolars game with Hunslet..Should be a good turn out.

As ever looking forward to this. It was an excellent atmosphere last year in particular.

Hoping for a good turnout, and decent eve of Cup Final entertainment.

No doubt it will be. 

Friday Night Lights 2014

11th August 2014

It’s now less than two weeks until the annual Friday Night Lights fixture; this year London Skolars will take on Hunslett Hawks. Friday 22nd eve of Challenge Cup 7.30 p.m

In addition to the big game we will be hosting a Masters tournament; including teams such as Political Animals and an U15′s match also.

Once again this year our annual Beer Fest and BBQ are not to be missed. Beers to be announced this week!

Advance tickets only cost £10 for Adults and £5 Concessions so make Challenge Cup weekend a Rugby League Weekend! See our online shop to buy tickets. http://www.skolarsrl.com/club-shop/match-tickets/friday-night-lights-24th-august-2012-adult/. Advance tickets £10 v £12 on night!!

should be great one this year, new ground, masters and junior rl as well. east leeds U15 v Skolars. should be a good one all round.

Just ordered 11 tickets - probably another 2 meeting us there. So that'll be the North Wales Crusaders drinking team. Standby for the mini-Welsh invasion! I hope you have plenty of beer!

Looking forward to this. Will hopefully be the start of a good weekend, though am struggling to find a decent train route in to Enfield from the Aylesbury area. Not sure I fancy the "direct" route of about 2h 40mins!

Skolars U15 v East Leeds part of Friday Night Lights Eve of Challenge Cup Festivities - KO of your Wembley Weekend in Style!

As part of the annual Friday Night Lights where Skolars play Hunslet in the eve of Challenge Cup match in Enfield Skolars U15s will play East Leeds U15s as a curtain raiser. along the main match, a bbq, a masters tournament and a real ale festival its an excellent way to start your Challenge Cup Wembley weekend. 

all welcome. Advance tickets are £10 on the night £12. use this link to buy http://www.skolarsrl.com/2014/08/11/friday-night-lights-2014/ 

Skolars also have discounted CC tickets at £20 for £27 face value pls use this link http://www.skolarsrl.com/club-shop/match-tickets/carnegie-challenge-cup-final-tickets/ 

The East Leeds lads have done various fund raising events to fund the trip,hope they enjoy the weekend.

FNL Beer Fest Ales!

London Skolars RL are proud to be working with Caveman Brewery for this year’s FNL Beer Fest!

Below are the Ales we’ll be providing on the day.

Brewery Ale % Description

Caveman Brewery, Swanscombe, Kent

Palaeolithic 3.8 A light session beer with our usual dose of aromatic hops. Well balanced and highly drinkable this beer is the Swanscombe Man’s favourite brew, which is why we named it after the Palaeolithic Era. Sweet malts balance out the Grapefruit and Citrus from the US Amarillo and Cascade hops to give an easy drinking session pale ale.

Citra 4.1 Our first beer. A hoppy pale ale with a straightforward malt character that really lets the citrus flavours from US Citra hops shine through. A refreshing session beer for summer days. Available on cask in fined or unified form.

Prehistoric Amber 4.5 An atypical pale ale, this beer is made using amber malt which gives a warm roast flavour which is followed by subtle Orange and Pink Grapefruit from the hops.

Megalithic 5.9 There’s not a lot of subtlety about this beer. Big on malt, big on hops. A big biscuit malt body is balanced against a heavy hit of fruit from a blend of US hops and a fairly dry finish.

Raw Brewery,Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Blonde Pale Ale 3.9% Refreshing Pale ale with German hops for a dry lager style

Dark Peak Stout 4.5% Easy drinking stout with plenty of malt flavours. English hopped for a smooth bitter finish. Award winner Gold -New Brewer Peterborough & Silver -Overall Champion Peterborough

Bartrums Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

Bees Knees 4.2% An amber beer with a floral aroma, honey softness on the palate leads to a crisp bitter finish

Last Drop 4.0% A complex golden ale with plenty of body for its strength, an explosion of malt and hops.

you can still buy tickets for £10 in advance and £12 on the night - http://www.skolarsrl.com/club-shop/match-tickets/friday-night-lights-24th-august-2012-adult/ 

Also on the night the following is happening:

Masters festival, East Leeds U15s v Skolars, Skolars v Hunslet Championship 1 league game, BBQ and much more

Skolars also selling Tetleys CC tickets £27 for £20. You can buy here - http://www.skolarsrl.com/club-shop/match-tickets/carnegie-challenge-cup-final-tickets/ 

Caveman beers are brewed by my mate Nick, an Oldham lad, and long-time player for South London Storm. He brews a very decent drop!

11 tickets for the Crusaders fans who are attending FNL arrived today. Many thanks.  Really looking forward to the weekend.

Discuss this week's only Kingstone Press Championship 1 game London Skolars v Hunslet Hawks here.

Game takes place at Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, Enfield.

masters in the afternoon

East leeds v skolars U15s

beer festival

bbq

cheer leaders 

and main match

dont miss the one and only FNL at Enfield

excited by this. one and only FNL at enfield. plus i will be playing my first and only game this season!

Moved the venue then move the kickoff time cheers for that

What problems has this caused you? Or is it just an opportunity to complain

I'd love it if Gateshead can put a late run together in the play offs to deny the whinging heartlanders you know