Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginock1

pick your 17.

69 posts in this topic

Lets just put it out there that if stack and olstrum are available along with Murphy and Farrell what is your squad for dishing out some Haven bashing. I'm not including Tierney seems he's had a game already this week, he's not likely to be here.

1.Murphy

2.carter

3.hulme

4.stack

5.mossop

6.lupton

7.forber

8.shacks

9.Matty

10.mcavoy

11.stoczak

12.b.phillips

13.olstrum

Subs.....Coward, c.Phillips, Farrell, Patrick.

Murphy

Carter

Hulme

Patrick

Mossop

Lupton

Forber

Coward

Matty

Shacks

Phillips

Szostak

Mcavoy

C.Phillips

Rowlandson

Farrell

Olstrom

Sorry , thought I'd picked up on another thread that he scored two tries against Huddersfield in an u19 game. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Tierney played already ?

Think he played Monday for the u19s but he should be able to play for us on Sunday

I'm not including stack as I just can't see him playing.

1.murphy (Murphy over tierney because of the conditions,he's far more solid)

2.tierney

3.mossop

4.hulme

5.carter

6.lupton

7.forber

8.shacks

9.matty

10.mcavoy

11.phillips

12.szostak

13.olstrum

14.c Phillips

15.coward

16.duerden

17.farrell

On Wigan site their u19 game this week v Salford is cancelled . Fingers crossed here for Tierney . He's one who makes a big difference in a tight game

No stack if available Scott ?

He'd be in centres for me if available in place of Patrick

That's our 13 we'd like to see wonky if the big man isn't there . That'll do . Murphy , Carter and Tierney you've got three fullbacks , solid in defence and great running it back in the wet .

On Wigan site their u19 game this week v Salford is cancelled . Fingers crossed here for Tierney . He's one who makes a big difference in a tight game

If it is cancelled and stack isn't available my side would be

Tierney

Carter

Hulme

Murphy

Mossop

Lupton

Forber

Coward

Matty

Shacks

Phillips

Szostak

Mcavoy

C.Phillips

Rowlandson

Farrell

Olstrom

Got to disagree Scott, Murphy has probably been the best full back in the league defensively. And has been outstanding this term. He has earned the right to be our number 1 and in these games we need reliability, and there's none more so than jack. Just opinions though.

Assuming no Stack and we get Murphy & Farrell on DR :-

Murphy

Carter

Hulme

Patrick

Mossop

Lupton

Forber

Coward

Mattinson

Shackley

Phillips

Szostac

McAvoy

Big Callum

Little Callum

Farrell

Duerden

Ok, if we've got Tierney and stack isn't here then I go Tierney in for stack but with mossop at centre and Tierney on wing literally so that jjparker is getting in your face hits from mossop all game and if he nullified then Calvert ain't getting ball , respect and deal with their threat and with Hulme carter and Tierney in the side we got plenty of pace in the backs to return Seymour's clever kicking. I think this game will be too fast for rowlandson and he may get targeted by their quicker players around the ruck.....

Id have him on my bench here if we could . Agree about big Rowly . Bit of experience here . Good point about seymours kicking . Solid back three to defuse and counter attack

Not sure we can carry Callum and Nathan on the bench together . I think Lucock looks a bit special mind . Him and Duerden are top investments .

Looking at all this , gee whizz we've got more than them when the teams match up haven't we?

Not sure we can carry Callum and Nathan on the bench together . I think Lucock looks a bit special mind . Him and Duerden are top investments .

ive swapped Lucock for duerden. Think he'd be very unfortunate to miss out, but Callum's past exploits vs haven just gets the nod over Nathan, off form I would pick Lucock.

Yes . Plenty of days for him . Be a goer next year after a PV offseason .

Is it ever . And good lads who'll offer something

Big Callum should have no problem if it's a heavy wet pitch. If it's a dry track then Dan Rooney comes in on the bench.

Biggest problem is Olstrum. Good player but has been very ill disciplined in the last 3 derby games, think he has had 2 yellows and 1 red card as well as being a penalty machine. Haven will target him, can he keep his head ? Personally I wouldn't risk him, too important a game to be a man short in.

Every day of the week yes !! But his availability is the big unknown week to week . What he gives far outweighs the possible negatives .

Well I'm going to leave the team selection to the man who gets paid to do that, PV.   I do however have a few things I want to see like each Town player giving us 120%, Lupton and Forber combining well and both kicking to their very best ability, seeing Jessie Joe put on his backside early on and watching the Haven fans disappearing in to the sunset with quarter of an hour to go with the scoreboard about 10 points up in our favour.