Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogerT

Today v Leigh

92 posts in this topic

As a town fan who watched him for a year .... Was Mr Acton involved in this by any chance !!!!

thought brennon had a 4 match ban? i really think were going to struggle now without ben, the haven game was one we should/could/still must win,but with a few players with knocks, all the talk offer whos going were dont help us, will we have griffin or brownie or even hirst back we dont know, we had all the talk of 9 or 10 points from the last few games but its looking like 6 at best and that wont be enough.

p.s ???whos the mod who deleted the post around 11.15 telling us who had signed for other clubs for 2015.

Why would we have Griffin or Hirst back? The former has been transferred to another club and Hirst's loan deal expired three weeks ago. The transfer deadline passed last week. As for Brown - who knows? The club hasn't deemed it necessary to tell the fans whether his deal was secured until the end of the season or not. I guess we don't need to know these things. As for Brennan or Leary, neither is going to help our cause at the moment.

Brennan was, with the best will in the world, a bargain bucket signing who the coach was pushed into recruiting when the club failed to sign someone of real quality.

As a town fan who watched him for a year .... Was Mr Acton involved in this by any chance !!!!

Yes and Mr Barlow

Why would we have Griffin or Hirst back? The former has been transferred to another club and Hirst's loan deal expired three weeks ago. The transfer deadline passed last week. As for Brown - who knows? The club hasn't deemed it necessary to tell the fans whether his deal was secured until the end of the season or not. I guess we don't need to know these things. As for Brennan or Leary, neither is going to help our cause at the moment.

Brennan was, with the best will in the world, a bargain bucket signing who the coach was pushed into recruiting when the club failed to sign someone of real quality.

not sure thats why i said will we. hirst seemed happy to be at our place yesterday in his fev shirt..griffin seemed to pop when we might not have expected him for the cause, and we seem to lift our efforts when alex his around, guess we will have  to wait and see what miracles jk pulls out the bag for sunday if any.

Yes and Mr Barlow

and the blundel fly grub himself higson.how he gets away with the 3rd man in head high shots i will never know,he ran all way over pitch to get in middle a the brawl,a nasty cheap shot merchant who will get plenty back come sl time am sure a that.

No surprise to see a bit of biff when Leigh are playing in a game. Refs do seem very lenient of their bully boy tactics.

On another note just out of interest how has Miles Greenwood played for you guys this season? Seems strange him coming back to Fax to replace the guy who replaced him.

That's because that "guy" doesn't like a bullying "my way or else" type of coach but prefers one who can help him develop his game, like Glenn Morisson.

Yes and Mr Barlow

barlow aint tough,he just niggles players and makes himself look a fool and we fell for it,if he got on with his game he would be a real stand out player. barry mac were tough,cowie,sampson,crooksy,skerit,mozza,tonks and dicko too.he sure wouldent stand out on the pitch if it were down to good old graft without the panto stuff.

No surprise to see a bit of biff when Leigh are playing in a game. Refs do seem very lenient of their bully boy tactics.

On another note just out of interest how has Miles Greenwood played for you guys this season? Seems strange him coming back to Fax to replace the guy who replaced him.

Yet another disaster for us - especially when our neighbours have recruited someone of Fieldhouse's ability, and yet again an example of us not being able to keep hold of any decent players we get our paws on. Maybe we'll be more suited to the lower echelons of the game, the quality and crowd figures will certainly match the level of our ambition.

fieldhouse is my type a player and one we need badly, i know some folks have said it will be ok if we go down but am sorry it wont do us any good at all, the crowds that are naff now would half,how could we possibly recruite players or keep what we have to get back up with a naff crowd ££$££ coming in, how could the dogs even try to keep our decent players if we cant keep them now. am i missing something or is it part a the plan to have some parachute £££ to keep us afloat. sad times for the dogs me thinks. :superstition:

fieldhouse is my type a player and one we need badly, i know some folks have said it will be ok if we go down but am sorry it wont do us any good at all, the crowds that are naff now would half,how could we possibly recruite players or keep what we have to get back up with a naff crowd ££$££ coming in, how could the dogs even try to keep our decent players if we cant keep them now. am i missing something or is it part a the plan to have some parachute £££ to keep us afloat. sad times for the dogs me thinks. :superstition:

Fieldhouse would never sign for us, he's one of the best players in the division and has already signed a contract with a resurgent club who can afford to pay significantly more than us.

We were lucky to get Greenwood, as he'd fallen off the radar at Oldham after being released by Halifax due to injury.

That's because that "guy" doesn't like a bullying "my way or else" type of coach but prefers one who can help him develop his game, like Glenn Morisson.

Honestly I can not argue with that. Halifax are daft not offering him a contract because under a good coach he will be a stand out player in this division. I think it will be a really good move for the lad and will be sad to see him go because Im not sure Greenwood will make up the number of tries that Fieldhouse has for us.

Fieldhouse would never sign for us, he's one of the best players in the division

I just wish our coach would have seen what everyone else already knows.

Fieldhouse would never sign for us, he's one of the best players in the division and has already signed a contract with a resurgent club who can afford to pay significantly more than us.

We were lucky to get Greenwood, as he'd fallen off the radar at Oldham after being released by Halifax due to injury.

theres been plenty of decent players who we "almost" had this season. onwards and upwards.

Patterson will be up against the beak in a hardaker style situation if my sources are correct.

Acton threatening to do some unorthodox prompted patto to retaliate

Yet another disaster for us - especially when our neighbours have recruited someone of Fieldhouse's ability, and yet again an example of us not being able to keep hold of any decent players we get our paws on. Maybe we'll be more suited to the lower echelons of the game, the quality and crowd figures will certainly match the level of our ambition.

Yet more dissapointing news Tom heard earlier today. Every time we have a promising player another team just picks him like a piece of fruit. Not much good news for us at the moment.

We have turned into every other teams feeder club,any decent player we get simply gets cherrypicked by

other clubs it seems everyone else can afford to pay more than us.All whats left for us are the shirt

fillers that no one else wants.This season as been a really depressing one after the last 4/5 ones.I

really hope we can get a win on sunday but just can't see it everything just seems stacked against us at

the moment.All the problems with DR and loan players could have been avoided if we had recruited a week

or two earlier,why leave it till the last possible day it smacks of amateurism and naivety.When we get

relegated we will all know why, the squad was far too unballanced with a complete lack of depth from day one.

We have turned into every other teams feeder club,any decent player we get simply gets cherrypicked by

other clubs it seems everyone else can afford to pay more than us.All whats left for us are the shirt

fillers that no one else wants.This season as been a really depressing one after the last 4/5 ones.I

really hope we can get a win on sunday but just can't see it everything just seems stacked against us at

the moment.All the problems with DR and loan players could have been avoided if we had recruited a week

or two earlier,why leave it till the last possible day it smacks of amateurism and naivety.When we get

relegated we will all know why, the squad was far too unballanced with a complete lack of depth from day one.

Our lack of spending power in comparison to clubs who appear to be either similar to ourselves or without our advantages continually baffles me.

Our lack of spending power in comparison to clubs who appear to be either similar to ourselves or without our advantages continually baffles me.

Criticism is easy, but we continued to have amongst the poorest gates in the league even when we were a top 4 team.  This makes it hard to generate the cash to maintain the success.  The teams that have taken good players off of us have been teams with much better gates and income streams.  You are right to say in an earlier thread that we have failed to build on last years success, but where was the money supposed to come from to compete with those sides that have taken the most players from us in recent years i.e. Featherstone, Halifax and Salford? 

Money. Gates. Money. gates

The diehard cant do any more nor should they have to as there commitment is no longer appreciated or rewarded with entertainment or good news

Criticism is easy, but we continued to have amongst the poorest gates in the league even when we were a top 4 team. This makes it hard to generate the cash to maintain the success. The teams that have taken good players off of us have been teams with much better gates and income streams. You are right to say in an earlier thread that we have failed to build on last years success, but where was the money supposed to come from to compete with those sides that have taken the most players from us in recent years i.e. Featherstone, Halifax and Salford?

Of course the likes of Featherstone and Halifax have more money than us, but surely we should be more than competing against the rest and not relying on a badly flawed dual registration scheme to pad out the squad. Even with pretty poor crowds we have a food concession that must make a packet during home games, and bars which appear to do similarly well. In terms of this season, taking into account our very successful run in 2013 and the shared gates from our play-off games, prize money from the final and the income from the Saints friendly, and I feel the question needs to be asked as to why our recruitment has been so poor in 2014. There is, I believe, also a considerable sum lying dormant in the BISSA account.

I'm not saying that any of the above income sources place us on millionaires row, but I'm puzzled as to how our close rivals can afford to snap up players like Jesse Joe Parker, Brett Seymour, Ryan Millard, Kyle Briggs etc etc etc at the drop of a hat when we are seemingly unable to do so.

Perhaps I'm not living in the real world and need a reality check? Who knows, but what I do know is that we should at least be on a par with the clubs around us - some of whom which don't appear to have access to a number of the income streams available to ourselves, when it comes to team strengthening.

Of course the likes of Featherstone and Halifax have more money than us, but surely we should be more than competing against the rest and not relying on a badly flawed dual registration scheme to pad out the squad. Even with pretty poor crowds we have a food concession that must make a packet during home games, and bars which appear to do similarly well. In terms of this season, taking into account our very successful run in 2013 and the shared gates from our play-off games, prize money from the final and the income from the Saints friendly, and I feel the question needs to be asked as to why our recruitment has been so poor in 2014. There is, I believe, also a considerable sum lying dormant in the BISSA account.

I'm not saying that any of the above income sources place us on millionaires row, but I'm puzzled as to how our close rivals can afford to snap up players like Jesse Joe Parker, Brett Seymour, Ryan Millard, Kyle Briggs etc etc etc at the drop of a hat when we are seemingly unable to do so.

Perhaps I'm not living in the real world and need a reality check? Who knows, but what I do know is that we should at least be on a par with the clubs around us - some of whom which don't appear to have access to a number of the income streams available to ourselves, when it comes to team strengthening

I think you'd be very supprised just how much some players in our division are on! And a lot of clubs will have spent well over their budgets this year offering silly money. Now I don't know this, but what would you reckon the average contract is for the champ?

I think you'd be very supprised just how much some players in our division are on! And a lot of clubs will have spent well over their budgets this year offering silly money. Now I don't know this, but what would you reckon the average contract is for the champ?

I've no idea what the average contract is in the Championship. That wasn't really my question. What I'd like know is why we appear unable to compete in the transfer market against clubs with whom we should at least be on a par. If those clubs are spending hugely beyond their means, can we expect a series of entries into administration and liquidations over the next six months? If they have overspent, is it possible that their 'speculate to accumulate' philosophy may be rewarded by prize money and increased 2015 gate receipts which should cover any costs incurred?

I think you maybe in the dark a little bit, Kyle Briggs now at Sheffield on £20k + (so I've herd). You can't expect us to compete with that can you?

And if some clubs have done that then they'll either be world beaters or like you say in liquidation. But I'm glad that is not how we operate.

I think you maybe in the dark a little bit, Kyle Briggs now at Sheffield on £20k + (so I've herd). You can't expect us to compete with that can you?

And if some clubs have done that then they'll either be world beaters or like you say in liquidation. But I'm glad that is not how we operate.

To be honest, I'd much rather have speculated a little this season - especially after last seasons success. If we had, we might not be facing the abyss of home crowds of 250 next season and games on park pitches in the South of England. In contrast, the clubs which chose to chance their arm a little will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of nearly £200'000 worth of prize money and vastly increased gate receipts in 2015. It appears that stubbornly adhering to the same way of operating may ultimately cost us dear. However, I guess we can take comfort in retaining the moral high ground when we're outshouting a man and his dog down at Gloucester.

hope you guys do stay up! just one thing though, if you do go down it may not all be bad news. The year we went down we always had good crowds winning every week. Yeah under jowitt we had over 900 season ticket holders due to cheap season tickets but even under Andy Kelly we got around the 800 mark in home fans. The last few years we've had usualy around 700 home fans so you'd imagine winning does make a difference to gates? Anyway goodluck batley!