Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Ashton

Todays Games

16 posts in this topic

Haven  18   Town  20.   Forward pass by Calvert just on time.

Fev  62   Raiders 12

Seems that we may have a derby against Haven next season.

I'll be so glad when this season is over :cry:

Another bad day at the office.

Most of Fevs tries were scored on our right, the collective inexperience of Bradley Goulding and Joe Hambley must have seemed to Fev's left side attack like Christmas had come early.

Obviously we will lose some "stars" at the end of the year, I don't know who BG is going to bring in next season but we will need some experience to help the young locals that BG appears to be targeting.

The BOD must try and keep Liam Harrison on board for another year. Ade Gardner would be an asset too if we could get him

Why on earth would Ade Gardner want to play for us when he is still playing at the top,  unless he wants to play at Coventry of course

Why on earth would Ade Gardner want to play for us when he is still playing at the top, unless he wants to play at Coventry of course

Probably means Matt

Probably means Matt

No, I really did mean Adey, a bit of wishful thinking I know. But his career at Saints is probably over. Whilst he is doing a good job in Hull I think he would make a real difference as a second row with the Raiders. He is never afraid to take the ball in hard and always makes good yards.

I don't know what his defence is like but it can't be any worse than what we have seen this year.

But, as you brought it up I wouldn't mind seeing both of them in a Raiders shirt.

He is hoping to get in to the Brazil team for the Olympics "9's" team as I believe one of his parents (mother?) is Brazilian.

I may be wrong but is it not Jamie Marshall's mum that is Brazilian.

I think but not sure that one of the Gardner's parents is of African heritage.

It was on the super league show a month ago whilst the world cup was on I believe.

Regarding Gardner though, we needed 5-6 players of the same calibre at the start of the season. Next season we won't sign him but if we get promoted out of the third tier he is someone we should be seriously looking at. Even if he does lose a yard of pace he is still big enough to do a job in the centres or second row.