Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

TOWN BEAT HAVEN

230 posts in this topic

Keep us informed with their forum !

general consensus is that town offered little and they only lost because they were poor and the refs decisions. I think if we had been playing a good team today we could have lost. Not our best performance by far. our errors and poor completion rate allowed them to get a foot hold in the game.

personally i think we play better against better opposition  . our 2 worst perfomances have been against rochdale and haven......would have been a disgrace if haven won as the penalty on half way which led to the try was a  joke .  we were stood on half way and the ref watched town take the haven player into touch without him stopping moving... he either shouts held or its play on......he cant just wait till the player goes over the touchline and then award  a penalty ......you see that sort of tackle in the middle of the pitch all day long   .

First point is definitely valid . Those tackles wind me up as well - so inconsistent from refs . Didn't we see a town player carried in to touch a few weeks back and it was a scrum ? Personally I think that's dominant defence and shouldn't be penalised . Your coach wants that . And referees should either shout held well before the line or play on . I hate it when they wait then shout held an inch before the line , so even if you let them go they fall into touch ! Ridiculous .

I thought the rule was you had to stop the tackle if a player us lifted, pulled or momentum stops. And none of those happened in that tackle.

I was put on earth to witness skinny calvert not scoring that try!!! Get in you total mofo..

Just a short while earlier a Town player was dragged towards the touch line but got to ground just before they reached the touchline.    No penalty was given then.    Also, Town held the ball in the back of a scrum and the Haven pack had all broke up and moved away but no penalty was forthcoming.     They needn't talk about PV having a Twitter conversation with the ref, they have been tweeting him all week telling them to watch out for Town doing this or that.    

Well, just spent a few minutes on the dark side, like they say, you couldnt make it up, they did this, we never did that, not actually called the ref and his assistants bent, but pretty near :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

just had word from the dvdvdvdvdvd peeps who have looked at the calvert no try, and yep, its no try, FORWARD...............

Noooo ... Calvert swears blind it was sweet . He's no liar ...

Surely, Town are safe now?

Got to say, Town won today because they played better as a team. Whitehaven have some good individual players, but they don't seem to play as a unit.

Got to say, Town won today because they played better as a team. Whitehaven have some good individual players, but they don't seem to play as a unit.

Not safe yet, and I would hope the whole club thinks that.

As for playing as a team, completely agree defensively, we are a well oiled machine.

until we are mathematically safe it's still game on although we are in a good position to stay up. Also after todays performance by the jam pot fans I have now changed my mind I hope them lot go down.

Havens super fan is letting himself down resorting to foul language and claims of cheating lol. Stop serving him lol he's had enough pop

Noooo ... Calvert swears blind it was sweet . He's no liar ...

I don't care if it was 5 yards back the ref still blew that beautiful whistle and signalled a head and feed scrum to workington...happy freaking days bretts mullet 3 points to us and bonus point for the jambos.

Cheating by us or the ref ? He's on thin ice

robbed and cheating are his claims and some personal abuse containing foul language for my good self. It's always somebody else's fault with the jam pot fans.

Keep us informed with their forum !

How's this for comedy gold?

"In parts haven did lose the game, but what happened to all the knock ons thomason gave against us when they went backwards, some our players were facing there own line, i listened on the radio ........."

obviously there can be no better viewpoint than listening to the radio, must be a much better view than the ref has!

Havens twitter are retweeting posts about the referee robbing them , and one asking which clown they'll get next week . Bit of a complex there ? I repeat , when your struggling the officials are magnified . Not a coincidence

How's this for comedy gold?

"In parts haven did lose the game, but what happened to all the knock ons thomason gave against us when they went backwards, some our players were facing there own line, i listened on the radio ........."

obviously there can be no better viewpoint than listening to the radio, must be a much better view than the ref has!

Especially when cocksy is your eyes ...

Matt Thomason has just tweeted ' yehhh , jampots get down !!! Played my part '

No he hasn't....

YEAH and that bias moderater, had the cheek to ban me for telling them last year in replay to one of there posts, to get down to HALFORDS SALE for a sat nav to find there way HEMEL HEMSTEAD,now i think i could have been one year to soon, also great when i got in the car and heard WOODSY @COXY  BLAMING THE REF AGAIN,lets hope they are blaming him next week