Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddie_Rombo

Ryan Wright

29 posts in this topic

I thought Wrighty had a cracking game today. He had a hand in two of our tries and scored one himself. He took a few high shots and I think his tackling is getting better.

The lad is doing well, I hope he gets offered a contract for next season!

He always adds some enthusiasm to the defence and his try was well deserved. To be charging down a kick and run 50m in the last minute was a great effort.

He always adds some enthusiasm to the defence and his try was well deserved. To be charging down a kick and run 50m in the last minute was a great effort.

Agree I'm a big fan of Ryan Wright he's a good player,admitted he's a bit to learn but he's a young lad,these players are the future of the rams!!!

Couldn't agree more, but suspect he wont get a look in when Godwin returns. 

ryan wright excellent talent he was solid in defence yday and adds that spark from dummy half he should be kept on 

Come on Glenn offer this lad a new contract,what a talent when he came off the bench today he took us forward!!

I hear that Wright has been offered a new job that will make it difficult for him to play for us. The new job is a bigger opportunity than a few years as a semi-pro RL player so I understand that he won't be with us next season.

I hear that Wright has been offered a new job that will make it difficult for him to play for us. The new job is a bigger opportunity than a few years as a semi-pro RL player so I understand that he won't be with us next season.

BSJ where do you get your information from?I agree with most things you say but your way of the mark on this one!!!

Wright always makes an impression when he comes on. I hope he stays with us.

BSJ You are definately wrong on this one. His job will not prevent him from playing I too would like to know where you got this info from

BSJ You are definately wrong on this one. His job will not prevent him from playing I too would like to know where you got this info from

i know for a FACT his job wouldnt be a problem...whos been whispering in your ear johnny only talking to him in bar TODAY...how you know about his employment .......hed love to stay JOB NO PROBLEM.....its upto glen to offer him a contract....dont talk s8.......

I rate Wrighty as well and think he just needs a good run of games. He always seems to add that extra spark when he comes on the field. IMO he is a natural Hooker unlike Hemingway who I think is far better as a half. Wrighty's distribution of the ball is much better and quicker and the rest of the team seem to react more to Wrighty. I hope Glenn offers him a deal for next season as I think he could learn a lot from Godwin especially if they are given the opportunity to play together

BSJ  how dare you post without a signed affidavit from your sources. Good god man, anybody would think this is an open forum

Wright is a better hooker than Hemingway. He plays what's in front, puts in a shift every minute he's on the pitch and can pass both ways...from the floor!

His defense is good too and his work rate probably goes unoticed by a lot of fans I bet he must be one of the top tacklers every game he plays relative to his actual game time

Wright is a better hooker than Hemingway. He plays what's in front, puts in a shift every minute he's on the pitch and can pass both ways...from the floor!

I think you're splitting hairs. You should be grateful the club has 2 players of that standard.

I think you're splitting hairs. You should be grateful the club has 2 players of that standard.

Unfortunately, at this level, splitting hairs, particularly around the ruck, can make a huge difference.

Unfortunately, at this level, splitting hairs, particularly around the ruck, can make a huge difference.

....and yet the game today saw no real difference in effect, regardless. Embrace you're luck.

Does nobody notice the mistakes Wright makes?

no more than anyone else,but he's the one that seems to be the scapegoat!!

Wrighty has improved immensely over the last few weeks. His tackling and running around the ruck was evident today. Talking of mistakes how many did Hyde make today and against Halifax for that matter? Personally I would play Hemmingway at stand-off and start Wright at Hooker with Hyde on the bench!

i know for a FACT his job wouldnt be a problem...whos been whispering in your ear johnny only talking to him in bar TODAY...how you know about his employment .......hed love to stay JOB NO PROBLEM.....its upto glen to offer him a contract....dont talk s8.......

I must humbly apologise if I am guilty of spreading a rumour that I had heard if in fact it is untrue, as stated by other much more well-informed posters. Such behaviour has never been experienced before on a forum and I will count myself lucky if I don't get banned for life. I shall never make this mistake again.

By the way a bloke queueing at the burger van told me that Kevin Sinfield will be playing for us next season - gospel!

I must humbly apologise if I am guilty of spreading a rumour that I had heard if in fact it is untrue, as stated by other much more well-informed posters. Such behaviour has never been experienced before on a forum and I will count myself lucky if I don't get banned for life. I shall never make this mistake again.

By the way a bloke queueing at the burger van told me that Kevin Sinfield will be playing for us next season - gospel!

He would be a good acquisition for us - think he and Jonathan Thurston, would give us the best  pair of half backs for years. Or do you think they would just sign him as cover for Brown ?

.i must tell mark , im sure he will be delighted .