Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

09/08/14 - CCSF1 - Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 2.30pm

Who will win?   21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

142 posts in this topic

Discuss the first Tetley's Challenge Cup semi final Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves here.

Worried about this one, as we see in semi finals recent form means nowt.

Leeds seem to have been out of form for most of the season.

They will try and raise their game but I'm not sure if they can.

I think Wire will have more than enough to beat this Leeds team.

I would like Wire to win, but would not be upset if Leeds prevail. This is such a good game, and would have made a worthy final. Given how the Wembley finals worked out, I expect Wire to draw on those positive experiences to blitz Leeds and win with a bit to spare. Can't wait - my dream outcome would be a game to equal the Leeds - Saints semi of the mid noughties with Wire pinching it in extra time. However it goes, I am sure it will be a reminder as to why we love this great game.

Smith will have some difficult choices cannot see all of Russell/Ratchford/Bridge/Obrien/Myler all being in the 17.

Also does he select grix . The 17 last week plus Westwood/Russell/Atkins and laithwaite will mean 4 left out of the 17 this week.

I think it all depends on who Smudger chooses to be his 6 and 7, personally I like the Ratchford and Bridge combo.

Too close to call, but if Wire can contain Rob Burrow and Danny Maguire (if both playing) we stand a good chance.

Received the tickets in the post today, so I'm getting quite excited now.  This should be quite close and is made a little less predictable given that both teams are going well but are not quite at the top of their game.  Before the wobbles against Widnes & Wakefield I'd have been quite confident about Warrington but I'm not so sure now.

Never ever write off Leeds! Close to call- i think that the Hull defeat last year will be a big spur and for Leeds they are desparate to break their CC hoodoo from recent years.

Hope for a classic- but whoever prevails I think that Cas will be so up for it that they will need a top performance from who they meet in the final to beat them (Sorry Widnes!)

Rumours are that Ormsby  will make way for J Monaghan to return to the wing, looks like Smith will play all the experienced players

For Warrington and Leeds fans attending, a bit of house keeping news: all the Council run town centre car parks are free on Saturday, including the multi-story closest to the stadium.

Meanwhile, I hope Warrington win!

Warrington to win, please.

This fixture means so much to me.

"Now The Wire!", as they used to shout on the terraces of Wilderspool.

Worried as can we beat Leeds 3 times in recent years in the cup.

Hate stats.

Here's to a great game and I'm going to wembley no matter what.

Fingers crossed for a wire win, if Leeds win, I'm happy to see Sinfield lift it 2 weeks time

For Warrington and Leeds fans attending, a bit of house keeping news: all the Council run town centre car parks are free on Saturday, including the multi-story closest to the stadium.

Meanwhile, I hope Warrington win!

thanks for that, been a while since I was in the town.

Excited. Few, if any, other games get me as excited as a Challenge Cup Semi Final.

Saw that Leeds were slight favourites, giving us a 2pt start.

thanks for that, been a while since I was in the town.

I'd stay out of the multi storey though they are always a nightmare to get off after. Best bet will probably be college street behind the police station and then walk over.

According to Phil Kinsella, BBC Manchester chap, most journalists are tipping Leeds. 

Ian Millward's tipping Leeds but he's been a hopeless tipster as far as the Super League season goes.

So all the pressure is in Leeds? That'll do!

Well, I've just got back from doing some shopping in the town centre and it's buzzing.  At about 10.30 this morning there were double decker buses offloading Warrington fans into the town centre so I'd imagine there will be a fair number of boozed up Wires in the stadium come kick off time!  I even helped a couple of Leeds supporters find a free car parking space.  They were about to try and drive up the goods entrance to the local market.  (The temptation to let them try it was definitely there but in the end I had to be a friendly citizen!)  The sun is shining, it is warm (although a bit breezy) and the omens look good for an enjoyable matchday experience.  I was going to go to the match as a neutral but at £28.00 I decided against it given my only just employed status.  I hope there are enough fans from Leeds and Warrington to provide a good atmosphere at the game.

If the RFL don't get the Jamie Peacock segment on social media, going viral then they really don't know what they are doing!!

Shouldn't that offside decision to Leeds have been accidental offside as that was the first incident?

JJB goes close, Wire survive again.