Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

Town vs Donny away

148 posts in this topic

Looks as though we should be able to call on our 4 dual reg players with Wigan not having a game this week. It's a shame that the 3 game rule has came in because we could have over loaded with Wigan lads to give our lads a well earned breather.

I know they've had the wood on us , but they're nothing to fear are they ? They chug along and are well drilled , but there's nothing there that's out of the box to worry you . They just do good basics and control a game well . Shouldn't have any complex going here ,we've matched much better than these . Everyone who plays them says , nowt special ... But they win !

Struggling for form at the minute as well, battered by keighley and beaten at home by sheff.

We've struggled on their big pitch under Charlo , but with PV's tactics it could easily suit us ? Hopefully that back line is back out and we feed them with quick ball - could really flourish . Space for Lewis , Murphy , Dec and Carter . They'll do damage given the chance

To be fair I would take a bonus point if it was offered now.

Would be a good one . But you always feel it's in there bursting to come out one day !

Ref: C Kendall

Touch J: P Parker

Touch J: C Hancock

Reserve: J Lowery

M Com: G Fairbairn

Doncaster 22 Town 9

yep because town will be going for a drop goal 14 points down.

Am down in Yorkshire at weekend so hopefully make this.

Never been to Keepmoat, where do you go before the match? Into the ground or local pub?

There's a pub just across the road from the ground, think there's a premier inn next to it when ever I've been gone to there

Am down in Yorkshire at weekend so hopefully make this.

Never been to Keepmoat, where do you go before the match? Into the ground or local pub?

Usually around the bloody shops thats right before the ground - typical women

If the weathers the same in Donny as it is in most of yorkshire then the game will be at risk of being off. Cas ground looks like a swimming pool.

Just think of the position we were in a while ago, struggling for numbers everyweek, losing matches to teams nowhere near as good as us. Now look, we could be missing up to 5 1st teamers and there's still going to be good players missing out. How many teams could be possibly missing there 1st and 2nd choice full backs this year and still have the quality of carter to drop in there. Not many I would say. And I know Brett's possibly not as safe as the other 2 under high bombs (although he's looked pretty damn good under them recently) but attacking wise I would still say he's the best out the 3. Tierney has the pace but Brett's definitely got the step and strength. I think whichever 17 plays on Sunday there's no reason to panic before a ball is kicked.

I'll give you your due Wonky you're a glass half full guy thats for sure, ever the optimist. :good:

I'll give you your due Wonky you're a glass half full guy thats for sure, ever the optimist. :good:

you've got to be pal.

PV confirms no Alex , Murphy , Lewis .

carter to full back surely then. He dosent mention declan being missing though. If we assume he is there's only mossop and carter out of our back 5 there.

Carter

Rossi

Hulme?

Patrick

Mossop

Lupton

Forber

Shacks

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Farrell?