Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

Town vs Donny away

148 posts in this topic

Depends on Widnes mate . After the hiding they got today I suspect Betts will put a full team out against Huddersfield as thats all they have to play for now. Not sure how his leg is but I will find out for you all tommorrow. Im up next weekend as Ive got a wedding to attend in Carlisle and I know Declan has an invite ;) so a trip across to Barrow is just what the doctor orders for a hangover.

I cant wait for the Dewsbury game, Im hoping Beckett is fit for Dewsbury and gets selected , hes just signed a new deal with them and him & Declan have been very close since they both grew up playing for Burtonwood ( same team Rhys & Ben Evans who play at warrington played for) . They will smash hell out of each other :shout:

at this rate it could go Down to the dewsbury game

Thought he was one of our better players till he had to go off injured, defo one for the future

We have a number of good young players for the future but the situation currently needs experienced players and I think most fans just looking at the team for today recognised this and didn't expect a win.   Having said that I didn't expect 36 points being put past us either.    Our problem of not being able to convert possession in to points through mainly our own errors has cost us several points this season and it is something that we definitely need to work on.    Two wins over Barrow and Dewsbury would be more than enough and depending on other results a win over Barrow could be all we need to avoid the drop.   

Doubt Beckett will be fit think he's gone for season. Come on leaps and bounds Callum as though.

Thought he was one of our better players till he had to go off injured, defo one for the future

he done well for being drafted in just Sat morning  , it was calf muscle cramp that stopped him playing in the last 8 mins  . I thought Carter then C Phillips then Forber then Ritson were the best performers on the day for Town..

PV in the star said ' you could see this coming from a few weeks ago ' ... And I think that's a fair point .From the 2nd half against Cougars , to Hornits , Crusaders and Haven , we've got over the line but it's been really patchy and no more than decent . A good side put us to bed . We've got two huge games coming up now , so we have to smoothen and sharpen up , and keep trying to minimise those rough edges which shackle us . We're all waiting for it all to click , so what better time than now , and hopefully there's a backlash after an ' embarrassment ' , and we make Barra feel it

PV in the star said ' you could see this coming from a few weeks ago ' ... And I think that's a fair point .From the 2nd half against Cougars , to Hornits , Crusaders and Haven , we've got over the line but it's been really patchy and no more than decent . A good side put us to bed . We've got two huge games coming up now , so we have to smoothen and sharpen up , and keep trying to minimise those rough edges which shackle us . We're all waiting for it all to click , so what better time than now , and hopefully there's a backlash after an ' embarrassment ' , and we make Barra feel it

Hey David dont be too hard on us we need sympathy lol

Chief we're all expecting a tough derby game . Everything lies on this for us . This is our banker fixture , so we have to be on all cylinders .

Hey David dont be too hard on us we need sympathy lol

morty Haven fans are saying they are in for L Campbell and Harrison have you heared anything down your way ?

I dont think Liam Harrison will move as he has a very good job in the shipyard and he would find it very difficult to do the travelling

I still can't fathom it out why we don't let carter go back to fullback when we have no Murphy of tierney. His coming into the line play is top notch and it would get him involved in the centre of the field a lot more. Hopefully jack will be back next week along with declan.

morty Haven fans are saying they are in for L Campbell and Harrison have you heared anything down your way ?

Ha ha, the wonderful fun of haven fans rumours of who they are signging is beginning early this year. Its the only down side I can see to the way we have tied up most of our players already, we dont get to see those loons convincing themselves that they are signing all our players, then telling themselves they were rubbish anyway and didnt even want them when they dont :tongue:

I still can't fathom it out why we don't let carter go back to fullback when we have no Murphy of tierney. His coming into the line play is top notch and it would get him involved in the centre of the field a lot more. Hopefully jack will be back next week along with declan.

Wondered that myself wonky, why put a young kid at the back with little experiance and have one of the best defenders on the wing? also Brett can cause problems to any team with his return plays, not knocking the young lad but to me he would have been better outside Mossop who can defend well and help the lad out. Strange but suppose PV knows more than us.

You would think Campbell will be looking for a move to either of us if we both stay up.

Be huge for us if we grab him . Hopefully we have a great push at it . PV will have had an eye all season on recruitment and where he needs to strengthen , and probably has identified players already for those spots

I thought PV was spot on in todays Star . 6 trys all from errors ....and a player saying bad day at the office ... the many errors in possesion whilst in the middle of the park gave Doncaster an over inflated score line. Town in all had best field play build up chances but couldnt get that extra inch over the line .

Liam Campbell signed a 2 year deal at the start of this term so unless theres an opt out for us getting relegated hes a Barrow player next term unless there was a transfer fee involved?. Liam Harrison has intimated that he may retire due to work commitments anyway so I am pretty sure he wouldn't sign for anyone else due to this. Oh he also signed for 2 years at the start of the season!

The ones im worried about losing are Mossop and Dawson !!

Liam Campbell signed a 2 year deal at the start of this term so unless theres an opt out for us getting relegated hes a Barrow player next term unless there was a transfer fee involved?. Liam Harrison has intimated that he may retire due to work commitments anyway so I am pretty sure he wouldn't sign for anyone else due to this. Oh he also signed for 2 years at the start of the season!

The ones im worried about losing are Mossop and Dawson !!

it was in the paper Liam can leave barrow if there relegated. A clause most players will have in.

Be huge for us if we grab him . Hopefully we have a great push at it . PV will have had an eye all season on recruitment and where he needs to strengthen , and probably has identified players already for those spots

What's with the "PV" malarkey, have you lads all gone "Essex on us?

Doubt Beckett will be fit think he's gone for season. Come on leaps and bounds Callum as though.

He was extremely well coached as a amateur player so there no WONDER he is doing well :ph34r:

What's with the "PV" malarkey, have you lads all gone "Essex on us?

Why? Can you not work it out? :)

Why? Can you not work it out? :)

It's because I can work it out that I replied. I don't normally post on other sites, but after a light hearted reply to one of your posters, on our site in barrow, I got a nasty reply including a comment about my mother, who's died 30 years ago. so I tried posting an harmless comment on yours, never again, by the way back to rugby, well done this year, you deserve to stay up,