Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

August photo comp

4 posts in this topic

"Trying to get all camera users involved, how about a photo that represents the name of a film.  Needn't be anything arty, just a prop or two and an idea.  Winner could be best inventive photo, don't name the film, let us guess".

CHOSEN BY GINGERJON.

AN EXAMPLE. ROCK KEY ;)

picquiz2-rocky-590x350.jpg

they do this in the Independent's saturday magazine.

It demands wit and lateral thinking right enough

but it doesn't seem to be about photography to me. You could play the game by for instance cutting pictures from a magazine. Not being funny or owt

but it doesn't seem to be about photography to me. You could play the game by for instance cutting pictures from a magazine. Not being funny or owt

As this comp seems to only be entered by the same half dozen people every month, I think this is a good idea to try and get none photographers to use their cameras and join in as well.  Hopefully a few more will enter when its not about composition, f-settings (?) and techie camera stuff.

As this comp seems to only be entered by the same half dozen people every month, I think this is a good idea to try and get none photographers to use their cameras and join in as well.  Hopefully a few more will enter when its not about composition, f-settings (?) and techie camera stuff.

mate I'm not really complaining, it's up to the winner to choose and that's it.

but as for 'techie stuff' I don't recall that ever being relevant on here or on the photography thread. It's always been about the pictures. Nobody knows what equipment people use or how they use it. There are limitations on how much you can manipulate an image in computer though.