Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phildog

DR mess

70 posts in this topic

1. Sheffield didn't make the allegation, that's just a rumour started by bitter Dewsbury fans

2. Sheffield loaned a player from Fev which was cleared by the RFL well before the deadline

3. Someone should tell the Sheffield board the new ground is fantasy island as the funding is in place, the technical college to go with the stadium has been cleared, the architects have designed it and their is a schedule to start building it in readiness for 2016

4. Would you all like some vinegar with your chips?

Wakey and Cas move into theirs this year.......last year ...and the year before;

1. Sheffield didn't make the allegation, that's just a rumour started by bitter Dewsbury fans

2. Sheffield loaned a player from Fev which was cleared by the RFL well before the deadline

3. Someone should tell the Sheffield board the new ground is fantasy island as the funding is in place, the technical college to go with the stadium has been cleared, the architects have designed it and their is a schedule to start building it in readiness for 2016

4. Would you all like some vinegar with your chips?

Other peoples' money again I presume.

When will Sheffield RLFC become self-sustaining?

We run more junior teams than anyone else in the comp, we have put a substantial amount of money into the proposed new ground, best sponsorship structure in the league, no handouts from the RFL thanks to Dewsbury's insistence all those years ago, I'd say we're pretty self-sustaining, thanks for the concern

I think that the bravado  from the eagles is a little inconsiderate towards the other championship clubs  considering that they were given special dispensation from those same clubs to play their home games for the time being at the totally not fit for purpose owlerton .

There's no bravado, I just get bored of people sticking it into the club when its all based on false rumours and lies.

Sheffield (allegedly) may have their own problems with a loanee not having a valid work permit (allegedly).

Don't understand this - that's not how loans work.  Clubs don't pay loan players, they pay the club which owns the registration.

Isn't 2016 the year in which Back to the Future is set ?   Shouldn't we be riding hoverboards by then ?

Myself - I like to wait and see ........

Other peoples' money again I presume.

When will Sheffield RLFC become self-sustaining?

Is Dewsbury self sustaining yet, Johnny ?  Or does it still rely on Mark Sawyer ?

Is Dewsbury self sustaining yet, Johnny ?  Or does it still rely on Mark Sawyer ?

It relies upon its shareholders yes, not upon local taxpayers with no interest in RL.

It relies upon its shareholders yes, not upon local taxpayers with no interest in RL.

Not self sufficient then, eh ?  But, then, who is ?

Nothing from work in the schools ?

Not self sufficient then, eh ?  But, then, who is ?

Relying upon shareholders funds is self-sufficient, but maybe you meant sustainable, which it isn't.

Relying upon shareholders funds is self-sufficient, but maybe you meant sustainable, which it isn't.

Well, there we disagree.

"Self-sufficient" means the club survives on the income it generates from its operations - not borrows from whatever lenders it can find.

Few clubs are "self-sufficient".  Maybe only Leeds.  Maybe not even Leeds.

Sheffield magpies the most hated team in the comp.

Aston a lovely bloke to boot

Here's a thought; when we're deducted points and lose our place in the division as a result, will the individual responsible for incorrectly registering Fairbank do the right thing by taking responsibility and gracefully falling on their sword?

I know that in many business environments, a resignation would be offered in this context.

well if were led to understand whats been said by a couple a fans,some a the folks in the know were not sure on game day. if they wernt sure then he shouldent have played, took us years to beat the eagles and it now means nothing only maybe a drop down to 3rd tier, how many players will want to stay if were docked 3 or even 6 points and go down, cant just be down to one person for this almighty c*** up.

Not self sufficient then, eh ? But, then, who is ?

Batley are.

Never got a pot to p*ss in but not in debt and spend what we can afford.

New community officer in place too.

We'll be the best run club in championship 1 next season if we understand the rules.

Well, there we disagree.

"Self-sufficient" means the club survives on the income it generates from its operations - not borrows from whatever lenders it can find.

Few clubs are "self-sufficient".  Maybe only Leeds.  Maybe not even Leeds.

Yes we do. If you look at the thread though you will find that I referred to Sheffield not being self-sustaining. I can be as pedantic as the next man, or semantic if you prefer.

Anyhow this is a Batley forum and this theme is heading well off-topic.

Sheffield magpies the most hated team in the comp.

Aston a lovely bloke to boot

WTF, are you serious.

Don't understand this - that's not how loans work.  Clubs don't pay loan players, they pay the club which owns the registration.

He has to have a work permit though. and your ground still fails minimum standards by a country mile.

Leeds couldnt DR one of there players to hunslet last season , very similar circumstances

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12211/8479003/Leeds-Rhinos-Kylie-Leuluai-not-allowed-to-take-dual-registration-with-Hunslet

He has to have a work permit though.....

Yeah - for his employer.  The club which pays him.

......and your ground still fails minimum standards by a country mile.

The RFL said it's fine.