Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phildog

DR mess

70 posts in this topic

The visa rubies changed this year hence Gelling playing for Workington and 1 or 2 others

Bored of talking about Owlerton.

Bored of talking about potential Sheffield misdemeanours. Let the RFL look into that.

Bored of questioning why Dewsbury aren't in similar trouble. They didnt potentially break any rules is the reason why.

Bored of talking about potential homophobic comments. Let the RFL look into that.

Bored of talking about our wafer thin squad and recruitment shortfalls. Can't do anything about it now.

Bored of talking about the DR issue. Let's see what next Thursday brings.

If we win our remaining games or even 2/3 of them we have a chance of staying up. It's in our hands whether we are deducted points or not. Am I confident we will. No. But let's see what Sunday brings. The same repetitive conversations aren't going to influence what happens at 3pm in Whitehaven.

We can have a 4 month post mortem afterwards if worst comes to worst.

I love our club dearly and have been attending home and away for 25 years, but this week I'm actually bored of reading and talking about it.

A win on Sunday is all that matters.

Seems sheffield are in trouble

Late by the sounds of it!

But if they checked & got all clear from RFL then they gave a great defence?

But if they checked & got all clear from RFL then they gave a great defence?

only going on what peter smith yep sports guy has said tonight on twitter

Bored of talking about Owlerton.

Bored of talking about potential Sheffield misdemeanours. Let the RFL look into that.

Bored of questioning why Dewsbury aren't in similar trouble. They didnt potentially break any rules is the reason why.

Bored of talking about potential homophobic comments. Let the RFL look into that.

Bored of talking about our wafer thin squad and recruitment shortfalls. Can't do anything about it now.

Bored of talking about the DR issue. Let's see what next Thursday brings.

If we win our remaining games or even 2/3 of them we have a chance of staying up. It's in our hands whether we are deducted points or not. Am I confident we will. No. But let's see what Sunday brings. The same repetitive conversations aren't going to influence what happens at 3pm in Whitehaven.

We can have a 4 month post mortem afterwards if worst comes to worst.

I love our club dearly and have been attending home and away for 25 years, but this week I'm actually bored of reading and talking about it.

A win on Sunday is all that matters.

It has gone on a bit Nick07 but the things that are happening are upsetting a lot of genuine supporters and discusion on these matters is what the Forum is for. We may not be able to put right the mistakes that have been made this season but discussion between interested parties may change some of the ills in the game eg. D/R IMO. another thing Nick publicity generates interest wether it be good or bad.A lot of us like you have been supporting the club for many years i have for 50+ and counting . Sunday is massive lose and we sink and i agree A win is all that matters.  

THESE BULLDOGS BITE BEWARE !!!!

only going on what peter smith yep sports guy has said tonight on twitter

I had seen what Peter Smith tweeted but think that because they checked that they will get off

Right, we did get a long way off the original topic, and digging at other teams wasn't the idea. But someone, can't remember who, was right in the fact that the RFL should have some kind of tab on who, and how often, DR's have appeared and when a club plays a DR I'm sure they don't just turn up on the day having been dug out of bed at 11 o'clock with a 'can you bring your boots' message. I expect that a club has to inform RFL that they intend to use Joe Bloggs in the Sunday game, and the RFL should then flag up the warning. Part-time clubs IMO more than pull their weight in administering and picking their way through the minefield that the RFL lays, and RFL should be in a position to assist to ensure that minor, and this is minor against any number of other instances, mistakes aren't made. Does anyone seriously think that a club would purposely play a player knowing full well that they're going to land in trouble? Lots of our opponents seem to think we would, whilst other clubs get all sorts of dispensations granted all in the name of (more often than not failed) expansion. 

How's this for quick, decisive action: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28701951

:scare:

but this is the RFL though :( took them nearly nigh on 5 months to sentence JC and Faal and betting thing, since they knew day after grand final and its was eve of season start when they passed sentence which could and should have been wrapped up within weeks of grand final

Right, we did get a long way off the original topic, and digging at other teams wasn't the idea. But someone, can't remember who, was right in the fact that the RFL should have some kind of tab on who, and how often, DR's have appeared and when a club plays a DR I'm sure they don't just turn up on the day having been dug out of bed at 11 o'clock with a 'can you bring your boots' message. I expect that a club has to inform RFL that they intend to use Joe Bloggs in the Sunday game, and the RFL should then flag up the warning. Part-time clubs IMO more than pull their weight in administering and picking their way through the minefield that the RFL lays, and RFL should be in a position to assist to ensure that minor, and this is minor against any number of other instances, mistakes aren't made. Does anyone seriously think that a club would purposely play a player knowing full well that they're going to land in trouble? Lots of our opponents seem to think we would, whilst other clubs get all sorts of dispensations granted all in the name of (more often than not failed) expansion.

It would have taken the club's Chief Executive no more than five minutes to check the rule book and then pick up a matchday programme to find out how many games Fairbank had played this season. This should then have been followed by a quick phonecall to the Giants to find out the players salary cap value.

Nothing difficult or complicated about that whatsoever, and certainly not for a professional administrator earning a big wage.

Apart from he was on Holiday when it all happened

Seriously? Why would the person charged with club administration take a holiday during one of the busiest and most important weeks of the season?!!! Who was left in charge of signings and registration?

He's not alone.

Believe it or not, there are two people at the RFL dealing with registrations - both of whom were on holiday on deadline day.

This is a case of collective responsibility .Whether or not the Chief Exec was on holiday does not hide the startling fact that the "Management" of the club contrived to get themselves into this mess by seemingly not knowing the rules !! It is not the first time this season that the "Management" have shot themselves in the foot ( i.e Cambell & Faal)  !! However , let us wait and see what verdict we get from the Tribunal.

The bottom line is that the Club cannot plead ignorance when a lad from Whitehaven quoted the rule on 24 July - 3 days before the Sheffield game !!!! This should have set the alarm bells ringing but obviously it did not !!  If an ordinary fan knows the rules then why didn't the Management team at Batley ( & Donny ) ??

When you add in the fact that we have no realistic cover for Ben Black it all adds up to a shambolic end of season run-in. We go into our most important game of the season with one half back - since Ben Black came back we  improved from a bad start but have always been one injury away from being back to one half back which is now the case of course . If the unthinkable happens it will be down to the lethargy of the management not the lads on the field !!

There is nothing to fear at Whitehaven so let's hope that the team have a blinder otherwise it's going to be a long journey home for those of us that are going !! Three wins out of four could be possible  !!!

This is a case of collective responsibility .Whether or not the Chief Exec was on holiday does not hide the startling fact that the "Management" of the club contrived to get themselves into this mess by seemingly not knowing the rules !! It is not the first time this season that the "Management" have shot themselves in the foot ( i.e Cambell & Faal)  !! However , let us wait and see what verdict we get from the Tribunal.

The bottom line is that the Club cannot plead ignorance when a lad from Whitehaven quoted the rule on 24 July - 3 days before the Sheffield game !!!! This should have set the alarm bells ringing but obviously it did not !!  If an ordinary fan knows the rules then why didn't the Management team at Batley ( & Donny ) ??

When you add in the fact that we have no realistic cover for Ben Black it all adds up to a shambolic end of season run-in. We go into our most important game of the season with one half back - since Ben Black came back we  improved from a bad start but have always been one injury away from being back to one half back which is now the case of course . If the unthinkable happens it will be down to the lethargy of the management not the lads on the field !!

There is nothing to fear at Whitehaven so let's hope that the team have a blinder otherwise it's going to be a long journey home for those of us that are going !! Three wins out of four could be possible  !!!

spot on.

Spot on as well. Let's simplify it even more the buck stops at the top. I know that and do not intend to dodge the issue I can promise you that. If there is music to face I will face it.Whether we get points deducted or not the " Management " seem to leave a lot to be desired it would appear. Let's hope we win at Whitehaven anyway. Pity we haven't got Alistair Leak to help us at halfback as would have been good cover for Blacky but nevermind we will just have to rely on Bullldog spirit.Whitehaven are a good team and a good Club so we will have to be at our best to match them but I am sure we will try our utmost.Also seem to be quite a few supporters going which is great and can only help the team especially if vocal.

B

Great post nineoil in the current weeks of turmoil one of the best. But like you i always think the bulldogs have the bite, stop them scoring we win . Our attack is decimated ,without Black we are one dimentionel. but BELIEVE, in times of hardship we play. In kear we trust !. 

Yes quite a few supporters made the effort to trek up to Whitehaven, pity a big proportion of the players went home at half time. A woeful performance.