Sign in to follow this  
LordCharles

Participation

Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 22 October 2014

And the RFL went to print by saying the minutes would be available in 3 weeks, or now as seems the case most minutes come out the day before the next meeting so they cannot be questioned or issues brought up as they are not in the time limit to submit.

Interesting comments this morning on Radio Humberside by Adam Pearson, Chairman and owner of Hull FC and Mike Smith Cheif Executive of HKR

Point of them being on the radio was to discuss the possibility of moving the millenium weekend to Hull in 2017 as it is city of culture, RFL spokesman more or less said no when asked.

The pair started to talk participation and both agreed the game is on the decline, they now have some Sky money and with some of their own money have employed development staff to go into Primary schools, funny our volunteer has been doing it for the last few years FOC.

They mentioned in their area 14 youth teams have folded in recent times, 20 players per team nearly 300 players (their quote not mine) they also mentioned the decline in the NCL standard and teams now in the premier league from Hull with only Dockers (nearly relegated) and West Hull who won everything (well done) left in the top league, West Hull had a few of the ex East Hull team in their ranks.

Due to political correctness we can no longer mention the Summer/Winter debate but again at a recent forum Lee Radford mentioned the switch has not worked as expected and needs looking at, our local NCL club have their first game (challenge cup) on the first weekend in February and West Hull have just finished November, our team are looking at pre season before Christmas, not really the best weather for skill levels. I heard rumours the NCL may look for a break in August if the clubs support it due the problems raising teams in this month, whatever happened to summer rugby.

The local youth league have threatened clubs with fines if they don't follow protocol as even though the season has just finished clubs are having friendlies to keep people and players interested and stop them going to RU, their youth setup in our area has never been as strong. Now is a period of rest for the league officials and club secretary's and coaches was quoted as we get ready for the new season to start, friendlies for the 12+ age group can start February and for the 7-11 from March

Despite the figure fudging by the RFL if you look at the sports England figures it shows a decline April 2013 to April 2014 I am sure the will be reversed when the RFL get their accountants on the job

East Hull prove the destruction a switch back to winter can do to your club. I suspect Hull has worse problems than Leeds because there's 2 academy set ups in Hull but only one in Leeds for roughly the same number of players.

East Hull prove the destruction a switch back to winter can do to your club. I suspect Hull has worse problems than Leeds because there's 2 academy set ups in Hull but only one in Leeds for roughly the same number of players.

Bowes they were playing summer when the club got in a mess, at the moment they play winter to keep the club going, and I think they got their first win at the weekend so well done to them. They had one of the best u17 team going who won the National Cup last year or got to the final? they folded half way through this summer season

Edited by Defender1

Looking at the Sports England Funding over the last 5 years that has recently been published I would ask what is the RFL doing with the money and am sure they share the funding with the local amateur leagues when the sport is in a mess, I take it this does not include the Sky money

Money off the Lottery

RFL £33,000,000

Other RL £1,400,000

Money off the Exchequer

RFL. £8,900,000

London £77,000

£56,000 to the Hard Rock Cafe East London RL Project?

Yorkshire and Humber £319,000

North West £42,000

Midlands £6,500

Edited by Defender1

Says a lot Defender 1 no wonder people are getting paranoid .

Sky have given the RFL 1.8 million which is going to the pro clubs so that the foundation at the pro clubs can go into local schools to promote rugby league .

Says a lot Defender 1 no wonder people are getting paranoid .

Sky have given the RFL 1.8 million which is going to the pro clubs so that the foundation at the pro clubs can go into local schools to promote rugby league .

At least they are putting that bit of money to good use, I ask what has the other £40+ million gone on as the Tv money is separate if I am not mistaken?

Thanks for that a lot of interesting reading but will have a better look, 1 thing I noticed when asked is there a development plan in place it says NO

Another thing I forgot to mention was both Mr Pearson and Mr Smith both agreed the RFL had missed the boat with a legacy of the World Cup, with no increase in spectators or participation on the back of it, when asked about a drop in participation in Hull and the 14 teams that have gone they were told "don't worry we have a team in Gloucester"

Edited by Defender1

Some interesting links and comments. Much to consider.

Looking at the Sports England figures I would say the RFL are coming from behind the game line when it comes to participation, but I would ask

: When are the NGB going to publish the participation guidelines by means of the delivery plan?

: Where all these NEW satallite clubs coming from?

: Where is the £11 million (participation) and the £4.5 million (pathway fund) coming from?

: Most importantly where is it going to be spent and who by?

Their pledge not mine

Edited by Defender1

I noticed that the rfl community board meet every 3 months and the minutes are informative. However, I notice that the last meeting minutes of October are still not online. Any ideas when they will be available?

I noticed that the rfl community board meet every 3 months and the minutes are informative. However, I notice that the last meeting minutes of October are still not online. Any ideas when they will be available?

? zzzzz

? zzzzz

So you are not interested in what the RFL are doing or proposing to do with the Community game, it was David Gent who said all minutes will be on the website in 3 weeks, or was it months?

I received an interesting e mail off a league official

An hour ago I had Jason Netherton on the phone saying that Mike Smith (Currant HKR CEO) was going to speak in Parliament next Monday about the reduction in the number of teams playing Rugby League and could I provide him with some facts and figures

How does David Gent get away with it