Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Baron Mk11

Dale Bid for Stadium

30 posts in this topic

At the risk of being an echo - read the football message board. Plenty of football club fans would like to see the back of us. The manager of the football club would like to see the back of us and makes that fact pretty plain. ?

Good grief, words nearly fail me, if you had been on the Dale message board you would have seen I post a lot more on the Dale board than I do on here.

At the risk of sounding like an echo, Where is the agenda you posted about.

The football club directors are obviously smart enough not to go around spouting this in public, but behind the scenes. So what do you know about it then.

How on earth are about a dozen Dale fans going to get Hornets thrown out of Spotland.

The question remains why would the sport of rugby league surrender a share of an asset on behalf of one of their longest established clubs.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I personally just can't see how a few anti Hornets posts by a minority of Dale fans would affect any decision by the Dale board. Hornets pay rent, the soccer club are not so flush with money that they'd throw that income away. 

Hornets are good for the Dale, and believe it or not but the Dale are good for Hornets, and we're both good for the Town.

I honestly can't see the RFL selling their share without covenants and agreements protecting us.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I personally just can't see how a few anti Hornets posts by a minority of Dale fans would affect any decision by the Dale board. Hornets pay rent, the soccer club are not so flush with money that they'd throw that income away. 

Hornets are good for the Dale, and believe it or not but the Dale are good for Hornets, and we're both good for the Town.

I honestly can't see the RFL selling their share without covenants and agreements protecting us.

I trust the RFL slightly more than I trust the football club, but only slightly.

"The question remains why would the sport of rugby league surrender a share of an asset on behalf of one of their longest established clubs. "

The club is not one of the league's 'longest established'.  That club died of debt. There is a new club which has never had any ownership of the stadium and has been a tenant at Spotland throughout its existence.

Is the rugby league, as part owner, willing to invest money in the up-keep and further development of the stadium?