Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Dewsbury 38 Rochdale 20 - discussion, report, highlights

62 posts in this topic

A fair performance , not withstanding all those injuries. 3 points was the aim and that's what we got. Plenty for Glenn to work at , very hit and miss. Austin took his tries well , bit surprised Hyde was MoM. Like a lot of the others he was hot and cold , he managed a brain melt down in getting involved with a Dewsbury fan.

Gallagher, Austin and Wright all had good games, yet Hyde was very poor.

Another good report Ossy. Very kind in avoiding any mention of the refereeing too.

Just one point: I thought that Hyde was doing the goalkicking when Hemingway was off the pitch, although I may be mistaken.

A fair performance , not withstanding all those injuries. 3 points was the aim and that's what we got. Plenty for Glenn to work at , very hit and miss. Austin took his tries well , bit surprised Hyde was MoM. Like a lot of the others he was hot and cold , he managed a brain melt down in getting involved with a Dewsbury fan.

Actually a bit disappointed Hyde gets so much stick on here. Say what you like, he always seems to be on the end of half breaks, runs good angles, and he's among the try scorers most weeks. Add to that, he regularly gets back to make try saving tackles, as he did on Sunday when the rest of the defense had gone AWOL. There are one or two players getting game time every week who I'd leave out of the team before Hyde. Saddens me that, if as you say, he reacted (presumably to abuse), and got involved with a fan, he is being held up as the villain in the piece. Presumably the numpties who gave KP such a hard time have now switched targets.

Presumably the numpties who gave KP such a hard time have now switched targets.

There's always got to be one. For some reason.

Karl Pryce was poor at the start of the season but now he is showing some glimpses of what a good player he is. As for Hyde yes he did track back and saved a certain try but in my opinion he does little to help Thackeray at half back.

Karl Pryce was poor at the start of the season but now he is showing some glimpses of what a good player he is. As for Hyde yes he did track back and saved a certain try but in my opinion he does little to help Thackeray at half back.

He was on his shoulder for his try on Sunday. 

Hydeys a good lad, whoever was having ago is probably one of them know it all, never played a game of rugby in his life type. Hope he resigns, although he is hot and cold at times, he's the type of player who can win you a match with some magic interception or break or try saving tackle. note, he made afew try savers last season although is defence in the line is sometimes poor

What was the numpty having ago at Hyde for?

I saw that too, what was that about?

I was in the control room, but I believe somebody shouted something at him when his no look pass was intercepted.

Given that it was a free play, I'm not sure Kieran did anything wrong.

There were a few at the back of the south stand shouting at Hyde to "get off the field".  Totally unjustified IMO, Hyde is a very good footballer he knows the game, as has been said elsewhere it's easy to see the "mistakes" and totally ignore the good work put in by players of his ability.  It was the same with Patch, people always moaning about him but totally ignoring his defensive qualities, but hey, people are allowed an opinion i guess.

I was in the control room, but I believe somebody shouted something at him when his no look pass was intercepted.

Given that it was a free play, I'm not sure Kieran did anything wrong.

I was talking to Kieran in bar after game,I think he was a bit embarrassed for reacting,as he said we know when we make mistakes we don't need telling!!! Then he went on to say supporters pay there money so they're allowed an opinion. To be honest I think certain supporters pick a player out to give some verbals!!

It was Tom, came about from that pass. Hyde spent the next 10 mins offering the guy outside after the game. I'm guessing he is a ST holder I see him most weeks. They made up after the game though.

Yeah I heard both apologised and gave each other a after match hug.. All friends after all but still thinks it's bad having ago at him. He's a good lad Kieran and always gives his all, that's all we can ask as supporters. Some of our fans are an embarrassment at times. Can't be good for the player if certain fans see fit to shout abuse at them. It's pathetic and the fan or fans at fault should be ashamed

Yeah I heard both apologised and gave each other a after match hug.. All friends after all but still thinks it's bad having ago at him. He's a good lad Kieran and always gives his all, that's all we can ask as supporters. Some of our fans are an embarrassment at times. Can't be good for the player if certain fans see fit to shout abuse at them. It's pathetic and the fan or fans at fault should be ashamed

To be fair this incident arose during a particularly bad patch by the whole team where, if you were really watching, you would see that.the players were arguing amongst themselves on the pitch. There was more than one voice (many, many more) raised towards KH for a number of poor decisions at that point and, as he obviously felt bad about those mistakes he reacted somewhat unprofessionally. He first indicated that they might meet outside after the game but later he did wave to the fan involved and indicated they should have a drink instead.

It was all smoothed over and there were hugs exchanged at the end of the game; we all get emotional about our sport and wouldn't enjoy it half as much if we didn't. I would prefer it if some of our fans could occasionally see things from ground level rather than seated upon that high, high horse.

Strange how the man of match got the abuse, only would dewsbury fans slate our man of the match.. Allthough I do think prycey deserved the motm IMO. Ohwell anyway, suppose it showed the passion of both the player and supporter. Glad it ended with a hug..

To be fair this incident arose during a particularly bad patch by the whole team where, if you were really watching, you would see that.the players were arguing amongst themselves on the pitch. There was more than one voice (many, many more) raised towards KH for a number of poor decisions at that point and, as he obviously felt bad about those mistakes he reacted somewhat unprofessionally. He first indicated that they might meet outside after the game but later he did wave to the fan involved and indicated they should have a drink instead.

It was all smoothed over and there were hugs exchanged at the end of the game; we all get emotional about our sport and wouldn't enjoy it half as much if we didn't. I would prefer it if some of our fans could occasionally see things from ground level rather than seated upon that high, high horse.

Your opinion BSJ, to which you are entitled, but bagging players, and decent ones at that, is hardly productive is it ? if a player is preoccupied with the abuse he is getting from some no mark in the stand, he is not concentrating on his job, which hardly helps the team. Posters recently complained about good players being driven away by the Coach, but I wonder how many might have left because they were no longer prepared to take abuse from the terraces - I for one wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde and Pryce decided to decline a contract, and who would blame them. Say what you like about being on a high horse - at least you get to see the bigger picture. ;)

Thank you! Correct grumpy old ram, probably the reason prycey ain't signed yet although to be fair he doesn't always help himself walking around with his hands on hips, looking un Intersted which is usualy the case until the business end. Hope prycey stays though -how he wasn't man of match Sunday il never know.

What many people do not know is that karl pryce has been carrying injuries for some considerable  time but has continued playing through them , recently his back has not felt so bad and his performances have improved noticably . he is also a proud player and reacts to the situation in the best way he can . im sure some praise when its due would be most greatly appreciated .

Your opinion BSJ, to which you are entitled, but bagging players, and decent ones at that, is hardly productive is it ? if a player is preoccupied with the abuse he is getting from some no mark in the stand, he is not concentrating on his job, which hardly helps the team. Posters recently complained about good players being driven away by the Coach, but I wonder how many might have left because they were no longer prepared to take abuse from the terraces - I for one wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde and Pryce decided to decline a contract, and who would blame them. Say what you like about being on a high horse - at least you get to see the bigger picture. ;)

Indeed I am GOR but in addition picking on "some no mark in the stand" was difficult as there were very, very many such "no marks" at that stage giving him a bit of grief as Chris should know.Making it out to have been just one "off-message" fan is a misrepresentation of the scenario. I don't personally go in for abusing players (nor refs for that matter) but it has always gone on in the game as you should well know. Making it out to be some isolated incident is just another example of RL sanitisation, don't you think?

That "no mark" and many more passionate fans will be at the Mount on Sunday as they have at most home and away games this season. They pay their money and are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else.

What many people do not know is that karl pryce has been carrying injuries for some considerable  time but has continued playing through them , recently his back has not felt so bad and his performances have improved noticably . he is also a proud player and reacts to the situation in the best way he can . im sure some praise when its due would be most greatly appreciated .

Is it wise for a player to play with injuries?