Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Dewsbury 38 Rochdale 20 - discussion, report, highlights

62 posts in this topic

No it is not wise but in our case it is unavoidable.

If we left out all the players who are currently playing with injuries, we would have about 15 available.

The most badly injured e.g. Nash and Dowes have been forced to miss games but the other players put their hands

up to play every week.

At least all the experienced coaches and Rugby League experts who post on here have someone to criticise

if that particular player does not perform to his full capabilities.

Indeed I am GOR but in addition picking on "some no mark in the stand" was difficult as there were very, very many such "no marks" at that stage giving him a bit of grief as Chris should know.Making it out to have been just one "off-message" fan is a misrepresentation of the scenario. I don't personally go in for abusing players (nor refs for that matter) but it has always gone on in the game as you should well know. Making it out to be some isolated incident is just another example of RL sanitisation, don't you think?

That "no mark" and many more passionate fans will be at the Mount on Sunday as they have at most home and away games this season. They pay their money and are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else.

So will I BSJ , only I won't be slating the players who don't live up to my high expectations, although I might pass my opinions on to the wife when I get home. For GFDU's benefit, thought Pricey was terrific on Sunday, and I truly hope he ignores the "passion" of some of the south standers and re - signs.

What many people do not know is that karl pryce has been carrying injuries for some considerable  time but has continued playing through them , recently his back has not felt so bad and his performances have improved noticably . he is also a proud player and reacts to the situation in the best way he can . im sure some praise when its due would be most greatly appreciated .

I personally hope Pryce signs next season. I might of mentioned this already but recently he took the time to stop and talk to me whilst doing his day job. He seemed genuinly interested in the current campaign and the club, and he gave the impression that engaging with a supporter was an important thing to do. I also got from this that he is as keen as us supporters to do well. A real asset to the club.  

I had a good chat with him after the north wales away game. He seems to enjoy his self at Dewsbury. I've noticed to he seems to have a lot more time for fans these days. He even comes and claps us now, which he did not last season which I think was disrespectful towards us, maybe cause the fans were getting on his back though.

He's out form player at moment.

So will I BSJ , only I won't be slating the players who don't live up to my high expectations, although I might pass my opinions on to the wife when I get home. For GFDU's benefit, thought Pricey was terrific on Sunday, and I truly hope he ignores the "passion" of some of the south standers and re - signs.

Fair enough GOR but it has always happened and always will.

Going to the Mount reminds me of a match I attended there many seasons ago when Dewsbury (not Rams then) weren't playing. I can't remember who the opposition were but it was a period when batley weren't as doing very well. having concede yet another try their player lined up under the posts at the top of the hill awaiting the conversion when one of their more "enthusiastic" fans started giving Ziggy Piwinski (sp ?) some grief, upon which ZP started to climb over the fence to discuss the situation. Needless to say said fan was off out of the ground so fast that even one of your vaunted wingers wouldn't have caught him. It made me laugh any way.

Folk took things a bit less seriously in those days I reckon.

:dancer:

that would be ziggy piwinski

That's the fella - too many Piggies going to market obviously!

Amended my post accordingly, thanks GFDU.

Fair enough GOR but it has always happened and always will.

Going to the Mount reminds me of a match I attended there many seasons ago when Dewsbury (not Rams then) weren't playing. I can't remember who the opposition were but it was a period when batley weren't as doing very well. having concede yet another try their player lined up under the posts at the top of the hill awaiting the conversion when one of their more "enthusiastic" fans started giving Ziggy Piwinski (sp ?) some grief, upon which PZ started to climb over the fence to discuss the situation. Needless to say said fan was off out of the ground so fast that even one of your vaunted wingers wouldn't have caught him. It made me laugh any way.

Folk took things a bit less seriously in those days I .

:dancer:

Player who got most flak that I can remember was "Bungalow". Strangely enough though, most fans muttered abuse under their breath. ;)

funny story about keith , when he went to hunslet i was talking to him after a game and called him bungy . he whispered to me " dont call me that here they`re all scared of calling me it to my face ."

funny story about keith , when he went to hunslet i was talking to him after a game and called him bungy . he whispered to me " dont call me that here they`re all scared of calling me it to my face ."

Another true story about the great man. My niece worked at a local gym, when Keith was coach of a local pub team (Crown I think). One day he took his troops into the gym for a workout, and spotted my niece on reception. He turned to his charges, and with a fearsome glare barked " there's a young lass ere and I don't want any of you fumbling barstaff (well something similar) using bad language in front of her. She couldn't stop laughing all night.

Gallagher, Austin and Wright all had good games, yet Hyde was very poor.

Just back from hols and missed the game, but watching these highlights I am staggered by the stick handed out to Hyde. Some of you need to watch again...

Just back from hols and missed the game, but watching these highlights I am staggered by the stick handed out to Hyde. Some of you need to watch again...

These were the highlights, not the lowlights.