Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raider94

Barrow vs Keighley

31 posts in this topic

Nothing riding on the game for ourselves apart from restoring a bit of pride/confidence looking forward to next season. Massive game for keighley and a must win for them to have a shot at staying up with haven only 3 points behind!

I'd go with

1. Shaw

2. Grant

3. Hambley

4. Wiper

5. Backhouse

6. Campbell

7. Karalius

8. Butler

9. Mossop

10. Davies

11. Briscoe

12. Harrison

13. Bullock

14. Burke

15. S.Toal

16. Jones

17. Marwood

Barrow to win a tough game in poor conditions

22-18

Attendance 8/900

MOM - Mossop

Hi folks , some horrendous weather forcasts for gales and flooding in todays weather ......

I presume the game us still on ????

wouldn't envisage any problems.

Been raining this morning and looking heavier later on in day.

could be a bit of a muddy game buts that's the joys of "summer rugby".

Safe journey.

Thanks for that , looking forward to the journey up and game , great trip whatever the result and allways a warm welcome !

I actually want Keighley to win I'm afraid, this would put Haven more in the mire and hopefully go a long way to send them down with us. I would settle for a bp loss and a moral boosting performance with much improved defence. 18-22 to the Cougars.

Don't worry mate I expect for the Cougars too put 40 on you and we will do the business against Batley, out ov interest are you a Barrow supporter.

I actually want Keighley to win I'm afraid, this would put Haven more in the mire and hopefully go a long way to send them down with us. I would settle for a bp loss and a moral boosting performance with much improved defence. 18-22 to the Cougars.

So you want your own team to get beat,very sad

I don't want us to get beat but I think we will

Call yourself a supporter? Disgraceful. .

Raiders season ticket holder bud, i've nothing against Haven personally but Barrow need a local derby next season for the increase in gate money.  If Haven stay up they will be preying on our best local talent along with town i.e harrison, campbell, dawson, Dan Toal & mossop like they have tried before. You can call me sad if u want i've been called far worse mate.

The gate today was 684.

I thought there was plenty of effort fro the Raiders but played straight down the middle all the time and seldom looked like scoring. Some players seemed to have lost a lot of interest.

Why an earth would you want to see barrow get turned over? Or any other Cumbria side to get relegated. We need all 3 team in the championship.

No shortage of effort form the lads but not much spark or organisation.

Again we hold their team but a quick half back opens us up.

It felt like everyone, players included, where hoping the season will end

Raiders season ticket holder bud, i've nothing against Haven personally but Barrow need a local derby next season for finaces, also if haven stay up they they will be preying on our best local talent along with town i.e harrison, campbell, dawson & mossop. You can call me sad if u want i've been called fat worse mate.

Got to agree with the last point, If Whitehaven are in the bottom division with us next year it will greatly lower their chances of poaching players from us....

Hey POA - I thought today's ref was terrible - bring back our mate Gareth

the ref didn't have a clue today but neither did we. What worries me is that listing to BG in his post match interview thought we did well today...personally I thought we were very poor ... (again). If he thinks that we are deffo better off shot of him!!

You didn't play that bad lads , you got in for a couple and weren't exactly a walk over and wasn't a cricket score was it ?

I for one will miss the away game at Barrow (if we stay up ) , the warmest welcome and nicest fans of the three Cumbrian clubs so don't sell yourself short..... get a good local coach , some good local players from the wealth of talent in the local game up there and we'll see you back up in 2016.

Thanks for a great game , day out and good luck !

Bang on, cannot believe it

I wondered how long it would be before you chirped up.

Never saw Richie at the game today, he must've been up the coast!

Down in the smoke visiting family actually, first home game I've missed all season.

you didn't miss much Richie lol

If the Superleague go to two Ref's then the "better" referees we have had will go as second fiddle in SL that will leave the 3 rd rate refs doing the Championship and the 4th rate doing League 1. God help us.

As for today, well, we were pretty clueless.

Our left hand side can't pass from centre to wing the ball just goes into touch!.

I know BG uses the excuse that he has to work with the tools he was given, but Vievers seems to have found a way to make his inherited squad perform ( today excepted)

Just before half time with the score at 0-12 we were awarded a scrum. There was a time not long ago when the players would have shown some enthusiasm and quickly formed a scrum to stop the clock, Not today.

I want whoever coaches the Raiders to succeed but I really can't see what Mr Goulding has brought to the party.

Yes, the players are fitter but defensively we are poor ( look at our points against) and our attack isn't doing much better.

I've used the analogy before that the Raiders are like a soap opera, I don't mind that but can we please be like Coronation Street where there are laughs occasionally and not an Eastenders where it's always doom and gloom and everyone's fighting ( you wouldn't use the Queen Vic if it was your local would you?)