Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greavesy

score at Whitehaven.

66 posts in this topic

Half time    Whitehaven 6 Batley 13 Greenwood 2 tries. 6-0 down Rowe & Gledhill changed the game when subs came on.

If Miles as gone then we are going to miss him.

Cheers Roger.

22- 13 we have gone . Think its all over we are down. Got to hang on to bonus point.

22- 13 we have gone . Think its all over we are down. Got to hang on to bonus point.

Wont make any difference.

players just aren't good enough.

This season, one of the most important for years, has seen the board lacking in ambition and foresight in many areas and the coach's signings very very poor.

Very disappointed.

28- 13 Rowe sent off a dismal day for Batley. The folly of a wafer thin squad has been exposed. Goodbye Championship.

What is the point kevin.

We deserve more

Come Thursday we will be in relegation place really poor today

Think we're knackered now TBF.

What is the point kevin.

We deserve more

The players/coach/board deserve exactly what they've got.

End of story..

Wont make any difference.

players just aren't good enough.

This season, one of the most important for years, has seen the board lacking in ambition and foresight in many areas and the coach's signings very very poor.

Very disappointed.

Any decent player we have had this season or last has just been cherry picked and there is nowt we can do about it.

It's a shame we have created this demise from our own recent success but we're not down yet so lets see what happens.

Nah, Even I the ultimate optomist when it comes to Batley, realises thats it. Time to rebuild in the third tier for a few seasons :O(

And next up we play Dewsbury. How much fun for them if they put the final nail in our coffin. We started the season with 1  half back we were poor . We finish the season with 1 half back also poor its like groundhog day. The lack of ambition by our club has for once let us down. And our recruitment ,well enough has been said on that one. Feeling very let down have heard we still had funds available in Bissa we should have gambled  IMO.

We are down and we all know it.

The writing on the wall for me was at the end of last year when other clubs were resigning existing players for this year (as we did to a certain extent)and announcing new ones for this year but we waited until all that was left were the ones no one else wanted.then bolstered a paperthin squad with untested DR players.that havent played much.....except to give us a points deduction....but I'll still be traipsing down to t'mount next year and will until there's no club to follow.i must be daft.....

I've tried to remain positive throughout a pretty dreadful season, but it's time for a reality check now. Last year we were grand finalists, 11 months on and we are almost certainly heading to Hemel (no offence to them) next year if we are deducted points on Thursday, which I suspect is likely.

One of the most important seasons in our history in light of the reshuffle, and:

1. We have 2 players, 1 a key one banned for betting offences.

2. We gambol on 20 contacted players to start the season, throwing all our eggs in the DR basket.

3. We lose a half back after 6 games and don't replace despite money being available. Yes the injury to black was unfortunate but why did we not have any cover in place.

4. We are potentially looking at a points deduction because the club didn't know/forgot about the DR rules. Despite allegedly recieving a reminder email the week before.

5. The same week, the busiest and most important of the season our Chief Executive is allegedly on holiday with no formal cover arrangements in place.

6. At a crucial time of the season we have 2 players sent off in successive weeks.

7. Despite having a wafer thin squad we let 2 players out on loan.

Of course not everything is black and white, and there are other affecting factors, but It doesn't read well does it. I'm a massive advocate of what the club, KN and directors have done over the last decade and longer. To keep the club going and achieve what we have with pitiful crowds and a small budget is monumental, but something has gone wrong this year.

I won't be walking away but the thought of playing against Gloucester in front of 400 people is gut wrenching. We have a hardcore of around 500 fans, many of those who spend an awful lot of time and money on the club. I just pray the majority of those stay on too or we have little hope going forward.

Hopefully there will still be a miracle this year, but fact and evidence suggest it's unlikely.

Absolutely gutted right now.

Bad season lack of cover in the backs proved our downfall . Well see what next season brings been very fustrating due not being able to kick on from last year. Fail to understand why we have so many utilty fowards but not any backs big error by the coach bit us in the bum big style .

We are not down yet but we have been taught a very painful and hard lesson. We have to rebuild on and off the pitch, and if necessary introduce new board members with new ideas to recapture and exceed the success of recent seasons.

We were on the cusp of a glorious opportunity next season, which is ever more looking like a blown and wasted opportunity this season. It pains me to say that unless there are some hidden reasons, our off field operation has come across as being lacking in foresight to cope with the demands of Championship RL. Perhaps we have become too complacent and a little jaded in our off field operation,despite having the club at heart.

Let's start the rebuild now, and inject some momentum and adrenalin back into our proud Club.

We shouldn't be too hard on the coach/board imo.  We generally have to get by with the worst crowds in the league, and despite this we have over achieved.  Take a player like Black out of any mid table side for half the season and they would struggle, especially if the youngster brought in to give cover had also missed most of the season. Very disappointing mind you.

What happened with Chris Rowe?  If banned he will be another huge loss for us.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ    over achieved gets a bit boring, the bod/coach as failed the fans big time, you couldent have got anything any worse if they tried this season, sick of all the over achieving rubbish,other teams built on what they had and went up a rung while we fell off the ladder,we decided we  to destroy what we had thru lack of signings that count and no cover for what we might have had.sad day. :assassin: