Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greavesy

score at Whitehaven.

66 posts in this topic

It's a sad reflection on the Club Terminator, if constructive suggestions of help are totally ignored by them. We need to give them a chance to address the points that our true supporters can and have been clearly identifying during the course of the season (along with rival supporters as per the DR /ineligibility debacle), and then take a view on things.

Sheffield could do you a massive favour next week, but current home form is shocking.

Aston's team talk should focus on whether the players fancy a 5 hour coach trip to Whitehaven next year or not.

When the so-called 'shares' were sold, a 'no voting rights' clause was inserted.

In truth, and as was the belief espoused by doubters at the time, they weren't real 'shares' at all - just a veiled donation to the club underpinned by a 'we want your money but not your opinion or input' policy.

I know one 'shareholder' who, around four years on from his purchase - and despite numerous requests to the relevant individuals, hasn't even received his 'share' certificate yet.

Mis-information is a terrible thing. The share certificates have voting rights and are equal in every way to those owned by the Chairman. As a forfeit for your post, may I advise that further shares are available and funds received will be spent on next seasons players. Just speak to the Chairman and explain you would like to support the club.

Mis-information is a terrible thing. The share certificates have voting rights and are equal in every way to those owned by the Chairman. As a forfeit for your post, may I advise that further shares are available and funds received will be spent on next seasons players. Just speak to the Chairman and explain you would like to support the club.

If I am mis-informed, then of course I retract my post.

Out of interest, which issues/areas have shareholders been ask to cast their vote upon in the four-five years since they were purchased?

If I am mis-informed, then of course I retract my post.

Out of interest, which issues/areas have shareholders been ask to cast their vote upon in the four-five years since they were purchased?

Maybe FredM could answer that most shareholders went for the free beer. The whole point was to help the club, which it did. buy enough and you would be able to call an egm and vote to your hearts content

Maybe FredM could answer that most shareholders went for the free beer. The whole point was to help the club, which it did. buy enough and you would be able to call an egm and vote to your hearts content

If I am to buy some shares - as other fans have, I'd just like to know beforehand whether or not it would allow me the right to have my say - via a vote, on issues to do with the club. Is their any precedent towards which you could refer me? Whether or not I would be outvoted by my fellow shareholders and board members does not concern me. I just feel that democracy is an inherently important tenet of society which should be upheld at all costs. Once a closed shop is allowed to develop, a potentially damaging dictatorship soon emerges.

If I am to buy some shares - as other fans have, I'd just like to know beforehand whether or not it would allow me the right to have my say - via a vote, on issues to do with the club. Is their any precedent towards which you could refer me? Whether or not I would be outvoted by my fellow shareholders and board members does not concern me. I just feel that democracy is an inherently important tenet of society which should be upheld at all costs. Once a closed shop is allowed to develop, a potentially damaging dictatorship soon emerges.

That happened 20 years ago Tom, but then you already know that mate.

What if you are a shareholder and do not even get invited to the shareholders meeting ?. By the way i hope your health is on the up mate.

What if you are a shareholder and do not even get invited to the shareholders meeting ?. By the way i hope your health is on the up mate.

Shush, he thinks no one knows who he actually is. ;)

If you got invited you wouldn't attend a week early would you? Or would you.

If you got invited you wouldn't attend a week early would you? Or would you.

Not if you had a friend who got it wrong  ;)  and if i had recieved a letter as all shareholders should i would have had the correct date.

It begs the question what percentage of the Club's shares were allocated for supporters to purchase, and how these shares were valued. Does this reflect the value of the Club?

Aren't all limited companies obliged to hold an AGM to which all shareholders must be invited?

The last AGM for shareholders was held on 27 January 2014 when the accounts for year ending 31/10/2012 were presented. Prior to that a shareholders meeting was held on 6 November 2012 when the accounts for year ending 31/10/2011 were presented.

15 months to prepare and publish annual accounts seems a little excessive

The last AGM for shareholders was held on 27 January 2014 when the accounts for year ending 31/10/2012 were presented. Prior to that a shareholders meeting was held on 6 November 2012 when the accounts for year ending 31/10/2011 were presented.

Thanks FredM.