Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Karl Olstrom

36 posts in this topic

How long has Karl been at Town,3/4 years?

think this is his 4th season with us.

Don't think Jacob Miller is the answer.

He seems to be a runner rather than a playmaker and organiser

Depends what the question is !! I'd say we need both for the level we're playing to reach. I think we all yearn to see a speedy half who can carve a line up or jink right through it to grab a game by the scruff , but we also need that consistent strong puller to to get us around the park .

Depends what the question is !! I'd say we need both for the level we're playing to reach. I think we all yearn to see a speedy half who can carve a line up or jink right through it to grab a game by the scruff , but we also need that consistent strong puller to to get us around the park .

miller and obst would do nicely as a partnership.

They had it sorted on Sunday . Cooke has spiders on when we play him every single time , just playing chess in a dressing gown , and the the young guy can play his game . At hull everything was on him , with his reputation . Whatever the names , we know the template we are gonna need

Do we not have a speedy half already called Callum Phillips who has the ability to carve up any line ? He just isn't being alowed to do it, so I guess Pv will be looking for an organising half who doesn't take risks or plays off the cuff.

Well , good point , and fair . I guess we're not sure what PV's plans are for him and what he's looking for from him . But yes , maybe next year that is him . Be interesting to see how things pan out with Callum , especially if we've a deeper squad. Interesting to that he said he'd been playing with injuries this year . I tend to see him as more a natural 9 , but on the pitch he's an asset - as long as it's in the middle ! 1, 7, 9 ... Watch this space I guess

I like the fact that he is signed for 2, the future is Callum clearly, maybe he delayed in signing as he wanted reassurance over his role as he loves playing for town, you can just tell. I keep thinking of his hatrick in the home derby last year, brilliance that can't be coached , maybe with this season being so vital PV has gone safety first and will look to smooth this diamond in the off season . Whatever happens he knows what he wants and how to coach a team so in Vievers we trust!

I like the fact that he is signed for 2, the future is Callum clearly, maybe he delayed in signing as he wanted reassurance over his role as he loves playing for town, you can just tell. I keep thinking of his hatrick in the home derby last year, brilliance that can't be coached , maybe with this season being so vital PV has gone safety first and will look to smooth this diamond in the off season . Whatever happens he knows what he wants and how to coach a team so in Vievers we trust!

I think Phil has done a fantastic job with the resources to hand and has set his team up accordingly with the sole aim being to avoid relegation. I'm sure when he has his own team with his own players things will be different.