Pennine League strcuture

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which league are Hunslet Old Boys playing in next season?

Hunslet Old Boys and Wibsey Warriors are moving their first teams to the NCL (subject to being voted in) but are retaining a reserve team in the Pennine League

The fact that the Pennine League now have over 100 teams across 10 Divisions playing rugby within a Traditional season speaks volumes for the game at Open Age level.

If only the NWC OA Committee would take a lead and put a proposal out there for a revamped Traditional season that clubs could buy in to and give those that need that opportunity the chance to get themselves back on their feet both financially and participation/numbers wise.

NWML clubs just received this email

The North West Counties League is again planning to run a winter league.

There seems a desire in some quarters from inquiries I have received, to switch back to winter or play summer and winter. This is by no means an attempt on our part to stop summer rugby.

We simply want to know how many clubs would like to run a winter team next season which will start on September 20. I need replies by the end of August at the latest.

This week, John McMullen of the RFL, is arranging a meeting between the two open age leagues to discuss the problems which have arisen over the last 12 months and get a workable programme that will enable both leagues to complete a meaningful programme.

The fact that the Pennine League now have over 100 teams across 10 Divisions playing rugby within a Traditional season speaks volumes for the game at Open Age level.

If only the NWC OA Committee would take a lead and put a proposal out there for a revamped Traditional season that clubs could buy in to and give those that need that opportunity the chance to get themselves back on their feet both financially and participation/numbers wise.

Teams from other areas have swelled the number of teams, if I were dalton I would sooner play summer than travel hundreds of miles for a game!

Can only see Dalton as a club from other areas based on a quick glance. Still lots of interest in winter but some of the top sides looking to move summer , notably Wibsey, Hunslet OB , we (bank top harriers) sadly folded . My new club, queensbury , had over 50 players at each session which shows the strength of winter still.

Massive league proving there is a need for more traditional season.

Lets hope the Pennine league can maintain an healthy match completion rate .

Be interesting to see how Dalton fare throughout the season a big ask on club resources .

I should imagine the majority of players aren't too bothered when they play tgg as long as they are playing!

As time goes by and the younger generation come through it will be interesting to gauge opinion!

I should imagine the majority of players aren't too bothered when they play tgg as long as they are playing!

As time goes by and the younger generation come through it will be interesting to gauge opinion!

Please look at the junior results for summer, the amount of postponed games, very few youth games outside of the heartlands and the amount of leagues having a summer break, it appears as you say are they bothered when they play, maybe no but you have to do what is best for the game

Who are the CK Vikings?

Hoyland have rebooted their juniors with Mitch Stringer in charge running Primary RL.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

One sad thin to me is that Dodworth and Hoyland Vikings are both gone so 2 Barnsley clubs lost in one year. Unless you count Dearne Valley Bulldogs the game is dead there

Dearne Valley are Barnsley based.

Dodworth have been on the edge for a few seasons now and it looks like their aging players have called it a day, I wonder why between Dodworth and Hoyland they couldn't have made one side.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Yeah they're based in the district but not the town I think?

Not that far from each other really, but the RFL do expect in their wisdom that such amalgamations would automatically happen after the Collateral damage they have spoken about, it's a fact that the people who have worked at the coal face of the amateur game know full well it rarely does.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived