Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keep The Faith

Biggest heavy woollen derby

83 posts in this topic

can't see why not as rams released him and we signed him up not on a loan agreement as far as i know so they shouldn't be able to stipulate that he can't play but who knows

Have we signed him though? Wasn't this supposed to have taken place about the same time the DR rules took effect?

Have we signed him though? Wasn't this supposed to have taken place about the same time the DR rules took effect?

I don't think we actually signed him. No sign of anything on the club website, and as he hasn't been seen yet I assume that it was all hearsay.

Is Jordan's non-selection due to a clause in his contract, or his fitness levels, or what? Are the Club issuing an official statement that he has signed for us, or do we rely on his Twitter account?

!

Unless there comments are libellous or offensive, I don't see whatright a moderator has to ban anyone. The quality of the posting should not be an issue.

apparently Eddie Rombo has been banned from all forums

apparently Eddie Rombo has been banned from all forums

By the way Eddie sends his love,& he'll see you all Sunday

Cant see the fuss its only the biggest Derby when it affects both teams.The points would do us nicely but its Batleys big game.

Dewsbury will let Batley win to keep them in the same division next year

my sentiments gary

would be disappointed if i coughed up the entrance fee to see a debacle of "after you" rugby league.

yeah would be good for business having batley in the same division...

but

doing favours for "friends" can bite you on the backside.

and after all a professional sport with paying customers who are going to see their team win

not bail out nor show pity to wounded doggies.

match fixing is illegal and we dont want points off in our quest for 4th.

Don't talk people, we won't let batley win, that's stupid, especially if Doncaster get 3 points deducted were only 3 points off 4th spot and 200 k prize money as appossed to 175k.. That 25k could finance next years planned second team. To even suggest any team would let a team win in rugby league is stupid. If we lose it's because we want up for the match as much as batley and didn't play to our potential while batley wanted it more, not because we let batley win

So are you suggesting that the players will happily forego winning pay, or do you believe that Dewsbury (or Batley) will supplement their wages for losing?

What quantified advantage would there be to Dewsbury in having Batley in their league next year?

The increase in gate money is a drop in the ocean compared to the prize money.

Also another thing that people are missing

whitehaven WILL get a point at sheffield

this is how revenge works

batley beat sheffield

aston upset

someone complains to the RFL

batley get into trouble

everybody points the finger who it was

batley get a points deduction of at least 3pts

sheffield safer

aston happy

dewsbury beat batley

batley unhappy

aston happier

sheffield beat whitehaven

aston happy

whitehaven get a bonus point

aston happy as it hurts batley

whitehaven happy

batley really unhappy

batley relagated

batley mega unhappy

batley fans who pointed the finger distraught

aston really happy

ABC guide to that is how revenge works kids

;)

Jordan's signed that's for sure ,first game after was Sheffield perfectly understanding not to change a winning side against Leigh ,thought he might have played in Cumbria,but puts his faith in john kear who signed him at Wakefield ,as far as I'm aware part of his release was he couldn't play against dewsbury

Jordan's signed that's for sure ,first game after was Sheffield perfectly understanding not to change a winning side against Leigh ,thought he might have played in Cumbria,but puts his faith in john kear who signed him at Wakefield ,as far as I'm aware part of his release was he couldn't play against dewsbury

well if Dewsbury were so scared of Jordan playing against them......why let him go ?.....

well if Dewsbury were so scared of Jordan playing against them......why let him go ?.....

I have similar thoughts here.

This is being branded as the biggest Heavy Woollen derby match for years and I hope it lives up to the hype. I think Batley's determination to stay up might win the day for the home side against a team ravaged by injuries.

Cons and pros:

Batley. v Dewsbury

Lacking the will to win. Complacency

Injuries. Big injury list

Poor attack. Poor defence

'Doggied' determination over biggest rivals. Desire to do the double over arch rivals

Need to win to stave off relegation. Need to win for a chance of fourth spot

A win will boost confidence. A win will mean safety

Likely result:

Batley 18-12 Dewsbury

Several of the higher-archy at  Batley state the Ostrich chairman is supportive of Batley and certain statements by him have backed this up. Actions speak far louder than words. It would have been indicative of this support  had he overturned the previous decision. Two faced behaviour is a terrible thing

Your all having a go at us for not allowing Grayston to play against you tomorrow,but why hasn't Kear played him last 2 games against Leigh & Whitehaven??

Your all having a go at us for not allowing Grayston to play against you tomorrow,but why hasn't Kear played him last 2 games against Leigh & Whitehaven??

It makes you wonder if Grayston is actually eligible to play.

It makes you wonder if Grayston is actually eligible to play.

and has that ever stopped batley???

;)

Don't know if this is the reason or not as an ex coach myself just trying to put the coaches head on great win at Sheffield or so it seemed you wouldn't change the team for Leigh, then you've to go up to Cumbria for a possible league defining game what do you do stick with what you know up to date or play a lad who hasn't played for a couple of months I'm sure if the Whitehaven game had been earlier in the season he would have played but hindsights a great thing

Hes greenwoods replacement for next year so at the minute why choose bacon over steak