Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

Callum Phillips.....

66 posts in this topic

Interesting snippets from PV today , talking about his commitment to town , although no formal talks have taken place . Also says he will have his 2015 squad in place by the end of the year , and he's been talking to champ & SL players . He says he knows the score from Salford , with players looking for clubs at the back end of seasons

that's good news.after the last pre-season and then going coachless at the beginning of the season it set us back. If we had PV for the full season I think we would be safe now. I think we will be stronger next season

Yeah he certainly seems to be far more aware of what needs done to have a successful pre season.

He is a name in rugby league , and that's a plus for us in recruiting . Even if it's only a small one in getting a player to make a close call regarding clubs . And he knows a lot of players , and his reputation is rocketing . I knew he'd be in control of the situation , identifying what he wants from watching what he has every week . He knows the holes to fill and it's good that he's on top of things in great time . Hopefully come Monday , with a two week break , we can step it up another notch knowing where we are

He is a name in rugby league , and that's a plus for us in recruiting . Even if it's only a small one in getting a player to make a close call regarding clubs . And he knows a lot of players , and his reputation is rocketing . I knew he'd be in control of the situation , identifying what he wants from watching what he has every week . He knows the holes to fill and it's good that he's on top of things in great time . Hopefully come Monday , with a two week break , we can step it up another notch knowing where we are

if Batley get docked 3 pts today and lose to the rams on sunday as expected and we can beat barrow then that would be us safe would it not. Therefore th e planning could begin for next season. Ifs and buts yet though.

And Olstrum

never count yer chickens haven99 lol.oh I forgot all town and barrows best players are joining haven as usual. Please top it off by telling us he isn't that good anyway lol

Money must have been good cause last time I spoke too his dad he was Haven bound never mind hopefully PV can help him out.

Maybe it was a solid rugby decision based on which club was more settled, more organised has a squad in place regardless of which league they may be in next year and has a coach who will help him get back to being the best loose forward in the league.

Money must have been good cause last time I spoke too his dad he was Haven bound never mind hopefully PV can help him out.

money is good at DP marra

never count yer chickens haven99 lol.oh I forgot all town and barrows best players are joining haven as usual. Please top it off by telling us he isn't that good anyway lol

ha :)

Wouldn't slag a mate off, if yer wanna keep Karl happy maybe start playing him in his preferred position.

Wouldn't slag a mate off, if yer wanna keep Karl happy maybe start playing him in his preferred position.

He has just signed for another year!! Must be happy! Always seems happy at Town when I talk to him!

And what position would be haven99,i have watched karl from his first match with towns youngsters and i rate karl in the centre position which is where he started.I still say thats his best position but the coach prefers him at 9 or 13,me,he would be at 3.

And what position would be haven99,i have watched karl from his first match with towns youngsters and i rate karl in the centre position which is where he started.I still say thats his best position but the coach prefers him at 9 or 13,me,he would be at 3.

Would never have him in the back line now proper middle of the park player. Loves the involvement and the contact.

Not in the back line?? He started as a winger and got BARLA as a full back went too Bradford on trial and scored 2 try's on debut as a centre so you tell me were he should play mark Jackson syndrome going on

Not in the back line?? He started as a winger and got BARLA as a full back went too Bradford on trial and scored 2 try's on debut as a centre so you tell me were he should play mark Jackson syndrome going on

i am sure Mr Veivers knows where he wants to play Karl.

There's been plenty of props and long time forwards who started off on the wing or back line . They evolve , and Karl , whatever his early days , looks best suited to the middle the way he plays the game

If we stay up the Championship teams will have an overseas quota of 5 next season.    I wonder how many will take advantage of this?

The huge financial disparities are the overriding feature in that league . There's no level playing field , regardless of the rules , as money determines things . It's as if they want to determine the positions in the league before we all start ! The massive differences are ridiculous , for clubs playing in the same league !! Us , haven and clubs like Keighley are at the bottom of a massive hill , with the rest staggered aways up it to begin with . And Bradford and London , tooled up with a million quid ( Bradford will have more than this year in SL ! ) will already be near the top . And unlike athletics , the worst teams have the handicap !!

The wasting of Jackos talents was all your doing not ours.

Also I said I wouldn't have Karl in the back line now, certainly not doubting how good he was there in his amateur days

The wasting of Jackos talents was all your doing not ours.

Also I said I wouldn't have Karl in the back line now, certainly not doubting how good he was there in his amateur days

yeah Karl's not a back. He's a top quality player but he dosent pass nearly enough to play centre. We need his work rate down the middle and he's as strong as an Ox, I think he's be wasted out wide. 2nd row or loose for me.