Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

Callum Phillips.....

66 posts in this topic

If we stay up the Championship teams will have an overseas quota of 5 next season. I wonder how many will take advantage of this?

my thoughts too Keith. It's an area that has fallen by the wayside for town barring Connor who never really stood out. A good overseas aqusition can make all the difference.

Sheffield are already there aren't they ! The non-quota aspect could stretch it even more . Don't know if jimmy is still in with Fiji , but those islanders are a fair size !!

Not in the back line?? He started as a winger and got BARLA as a full back went too Bradford on trial and scored 2 try's on debut as a centre so you tell me were he should play mark Jackson syndrome going on

So what!? Just because you play one position at the start of your career dosnt mean you cant change to another.Stack came over here as a winger didnt he??

I like Karl at hooker but wherever he plays he is affective!

Right Cato . Not just a great work rate in attack and defence , but quality work to . And as this thread shows , utility value to play in more than a couple of spots without losing his effect . He just will do what Karl does.

Karl bosses the opposition with his strength where ever he plays. Top player and it's great to have him back on board

Think you will find Stack came over as a prop, the position he played for Aussie school boys!

Think you will find Stack came over as a prop, the position he played for Aussie school boys!

he came over as a winger marra wasn,t the assize schoolboys he played for but he represented the aussies at some level

again you are wrong. He played on the wing for the Aussie school boys, Dave Rotherham started using him as a prop.

I think olstroms a centre all day - look at his try versus hunslet last year was it... Crying out for space

Karl has bulked up too much to play in the backs, hooker, loose forward or even prop for me, great to see him sign on the dotted line. Them lot down the road have been telling us for the past few years that they are taking ours and Barrow's best players, it's pathetic, they will just have to make do with cotter. 

And now he's playing wide , and a fair bit of centre , so you're proving the point that players evolve positionally .

From 2009 when Stack signed for Town.

Stack, who will be living and working locally, has a good pedigree in Australia, being the vice captain of Victoria Under-19 Schoolboys. And he was then selected to represent his country on the wing! But now he prefers to be in the centre of the pack at prop or second row.

“I played on the wing, then put on 25 kilos and went to prop,” he added.

Never mind.....you probably still believe he played prop for the Aus Schoolboys even though its here in back n white......a trait of the deluded

If only you looked the same as the years went by eh ...!!! Rugby players no exception !

From 2009 when Stack signed for Town.

Stack, who will be living and working locally, has a good pedigree in Australia, being the vice captain of Victoria Under-19 Schoolboys. And he was then selected to represent his country on the wing! But now he prefers to be in the centre of the pack at prop or second row.

“I played on the wing, then put on 25 kilos and went to prop,” he added.

Never mind.....you probably still believe he played prop for the Aus Schoolboys even though its here in back n white......a trait of the deluded

come on mate, you didn't think he would let facts get in the way of a good lie.

Karl has bulked up too much to play in the backs, hooker, loose forward or even prop for me, great to see him sign on the dotted line. Them lot down the road have been telling us for the past few years that they are taking ours and Barrow's best players, it's pathetic, they will just have to make do with cotter.

hahahahaven.:)