Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Town v Barrow

83 posts in this topic

What do you think the backline will look like ?

carter, Rossi,mossop,hulme,Patrick I would say.

Gonna be hella windy apparently. Luptons grubbers could end up over the main stand! lol

I'm a bit nervous about this one today, i hate it when we are expected to win. It's a derby match and they will be up for it, I can see another gut wrenching 80 minutes for us, I hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't it be great to be in a position that we can actually all relax and enjoy a beer in the second half. 

Gonna be hella windy apparently. Luptons grubbers could end up over the main stand! lol

Yep . Another important kicking day . Hopefully today ...

The conditions are going to play into barrows hands, were a far better team with flowing rugby, but the weather could cancel all that out. Just nice simple rugby will see us through today.

Oh dear the weather! We are gonna have to play the conditions to our advantage today. I remember a match against Hunslet about 3 years or so years ago and we had the wind and rain advantage in the 1st half and we didn't use it but in the second half hunslet did and we couldn't get out of our half and lost!

Flags at the ground show the wind is blowing straight across the ground from main stand to pop side right now so may not be as much as an advantage for one half.

Flags at the ground show the wind is blowing straight across the ground from main stand to pop side right now so may not be as much as an advantage for one half.

i was hoping that was the case. Some bright spells forecast and the odd shower too. It's in our hands. Barrow give me the impression they come out all guns blazing but then tend to fade as games go on.

There's more than a few Barra fans think that to

carter,rossi,mossop,hulme,patrick,lupton,forber,coward,,matty,shacks,philips,farrel,mcavoy. bench olstrum,burke,philips,rooney  or rowlandson

Don,t no if ritson is fit but would like to see him in place of Rossi that doese,nt  look that fit at the moment??

Safe if we rely on the rfl, not giving Batley points back. Need to keep going whilst appeals are ongoing. Great achievement to get where we are, need to finish off in style against Dewsbury.

Keighley have Dews n Fev and are two points behind us . Looking good for us to finish above them , which is nice .

I always thought that we needed a new pair of half backs but that's certainly not the case, Carl forber has been outstanding since vievers took over. I think he needs a partner with a good kicking game but for running the ball and now his passing game he deserves to be our starting scrum half next year. I really think we need to replace Lupton at 6 and shift him possibly to 13 or as a squad player but Carl has impressed me massively this year.

I always thought that we needed a new pair of half backs but that's certainly not the case, Carl forber has been outstanding since vievers took over. I think he needs a partner with a good kicking game but for running the ball and now his passing game he deserves to be our starting scrum half next year. I really think we need to replace Lupton at 6 and shift him possibly to 13 or as a squad player but Carl has impressed me massively this year.

forber has been outstanding and must be a candidate for player of the season.

forber has been outstanding and must be a candidate for player of the season.

totally agree, he's definitely been the most consistent. In fact, yeah, he's been our best player this season.

Mcavoy has been outstanding!he would be my choice for player of the year

#StayingUp

Looking at the season as a whole : Mcavoy , BPhillips , Matty

Big shout for John Patrick today thought he had a great game..would never have believed we would manage to stop up and with 2 games to go, nothing short of awesome well done all..

agree.

If we're moving Lupton back to the pack , which I wouldn't argue with , you've got Forber and Callum , so I'd say in a squad sense we do need two halves , especially with the league we're facing . PV interesting on the radio about how Forber and Callum wasn't really working.