Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Town v Barrow

83 posts in this topic

I doubt Lupton will go to 13. Loose forward is like an extra prop now, not an extra stand-off. And we've already got plenty of options there.

But is a 6 now in a SL 2 ? This is gonna be hot . I think what happens with Callum next year will be fascinating . We have Matty and Lucock at 9 , and Lupton can easily slip in there with his excellent passing . I'm changing my mind on Callum at 9 , I think his passing and managing of that position aren't really up to it on what we've seen , so hopefully he can grab a half back berth and really get on the PV wavelength , because I'm not sure they're on the same page as of now . Natural class , but needs a clear direction for next year .

PV did also say he was still looking for a half-back for next season.

Forber has improved as the season has progressed and I think today was probably his best game in a Town shirt.   PV made a remark about his kicking has improved but I think that is the only thing that let him down today as he doesn't ask questions of the opposition full-back.   Nearly all his kicks today went straight to the full-back and that is an area where he needs to polish up for next season.

Liam disappointed me today . Didn't do much did he ?

But is a 6 now in a SL 2 ? This is gonna be hot . I think what happens with Callum next year will be fascinating . We have Matty and Lucock at 9 , and Lupton can easily slip in there with his excellent passing . I'm changing my mind on Callum at 9 , I think his passing and managing of that position aren't really up to it on what we've seen , so hopefully he can grab a half back berth and really get on the PV wavelength , because I'm not sure they're on the same page as of now . Natural class , but needs a clear direction for next year .

not sure I've seen any of that excellent Lupton passing much mate. He likes a hospital pass or 2. And 2 of his passes today went miles behind carter and could have resulted in barrows tries.

Well , I'm talking of a third choice hooker if needed with basic dummy half passing , like he did in a dinner suit in the WC . I agree , in open play often our passing is a bit sloppy and slow from both halves to out wide , and is fodder for the opposition defences . As PV said , we have lots of improvement in us in basic areas , but at least we're in the right position to do it from

Ritson played Academys final game on Sat with Dawson and Duerden ... he is off to Widnes for a while now .

Must say I liked the charity strip . Great cause and good to hear we raised the required money to help Laura meet her target . All the best .

You could easily make a case for Duerden and Lucock on form

Duerden  played well yesterday and a good try , looked better than anything Keighley had .

I would love to see Forber a alongside a really good 6, he has been superb this season, probably my player of the season.

Yes it was interesting wasn't it to hear PV talk of the change to 7 . Seems a slight thing but a tinkering with a lot of effect . Probably what he's looking for to , a 6

dont know how you can say liam didnt do much today, he was only on the field about 50 minites,   but i bet he was in the top 3 in the tackle count, there was at least 3 sets he was involved in every tackle

Been brilliant all season and deserves his spot, a good six to go along side him next season will do

dont know how you can say liam didnt do much today, he was only on the field about 50 minites, but i bet he was in the top 3 in the tackle count, there was at least 3 sets he was involved in every tackle

he means Liam Campbell. Who was dreadful.

forber is not theanswer at 7 callum is the man

have you watched any games this season. When forber hasn't played at 7 we've been awful, he's out performed a lot of his opposite numbers and deserves all the praise he gets. Callum is top quality but he looks best suited at hooker.

thought forber was head shoulders above every body today, i wasnt his biggest fan at the start of the season, but has improved  more than any body else under phil.

player of the season is a tough one.......but hats off to big chris and shacks..when you think what we lost in the pack from last year they have soldiered on without a break all season..what about jack murphy .. never drops an up and under never misses a tackle..been a rock  .

You can't give player of the season to someone on duel reg surely

I agree as they are full time players and although all play their part in clubs and their seasons the official signed players and their efforts for their clubs should count most .

Brett Phillips, Liam Mc, top two for me, how many team of the weeks have they been in ? Jack Murphy has been great but can dual reg be considered?  Forber for most improved.

Well done to all today, we have achieved our goal, what a great season this has been, we must now get Phil signed on to take  us further.

Up The Town.

Big shout for John Patrick today thought he had a great game..would never have believed we would manage to stop up and with 2 games to go, nothing short of awesome well done all..

Yes , like most of us , always been a big fan of his. Big , strong and quick enough . Just needs consistent involvement . Certainly some juice left wasn't there ? Hopefully he hangs around and is primed for next year . Very valuable squad player covering back spots