Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

3 point deduction.

63 posts in this topic

if you had not replaced the majority of your GF team with mediocre replacements and gambled on the DR lottery your club would not be in the predicament they are right now. I sincerely hope that you can get out of this huge hole you are in because we love the away day at Batley, but it is going to be very very difficult.

You took exactly the same route as Hunslet and York did last season even after seeing what happened to them. 

At least you have 3 games to get yourselves out of this mess which is not impossible as both dews bury and doncaster appear to have injury crisis's as well and I would fancy you at home to swinton. Get behind your team this week !!

With respect Deano44 you need to get your facts right first.

We did not replace the majority of our GF team.Most-if not all-of them had already signed for other clubs well before we even got to the Grand final..

Another thing the RFL should look at.That other clubs cannot approach players half way through a season.

wondered when you would show up, still waiting for my regular sunday night PM from last week,,,,sorry thats right you got beat.

look i will explain this in terms even you understand

all batley have lost is the 3 points they obtained illegally by playing some one who was not allowed to play,no other punishment

Donny have lost the 1 point they obtained illegally plus another 2 on top of that.

however you try to dress that up it is wrong

thanks for the reply. You had cut all ties with me when town went above haven in the league. Yes they have broke the rules but their fans seem to have accepted it.end of.

if you read again i am not complaining about the severity or asking for it increased, if you loose 3 then donny should only loose 1 simple really

I think the key word is simple. And you fit the bill admirably haven.

wondered when you would show up, still waiting for my regular sunday night PM from last week,,,,sorry thats right you got beat.

all batley have lost is the 3 points they obtained illegally by playing some one who was not allowed to play,no other punishment

Donny have lost the 1 point they obtained illegally plus another 2 on top of that.

Perhaps you have a point, however can you point out any previous case whereby a team has been deducted points in a similar situation that takes into consideration the result of the match in question.

Last year Salford won a game when they played with 14 players on the pitch at one point, what was their penalty, a two point deduction, they didn't lose the two points they received for winning the game and a further penalty for the infringement, they lost two points.

In football it is the same, look at these examples of points deductions in recent years

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow29.htm

In no case where the deduction is for fielding an ineligible player is the result of the match taken into consideration where the penalty is concerned.

If you can find one occasion in professional RL in Britain, in a league match, where the result is considered and the penalty specifically states the result of the match is taken into consideration in deciding the penalty, please post it, if not just stop posting the same thing over and over again.

Can i bum you!!!!

So is that a no then, i'll settle for a quick fisting session, if youre a bit shy you can keep your shoes and socks on.

With respect Deano44 you need to get your facts right first.

We did not replace the majority of our GF team.Most-if not all-of them had already signed for other clubs well before we even got to the Grand final..

Another thing the RFL should look at.That other clubs cannot approach players half way through a season.

whether they signed elsewhere or not.....you still replaced them with mediocre players.

hm......maybe Doncaster should of "cheated" better and won ?.....it would have solved the problem wouldnt it ...

whether they signed elsewhere or not.....you still replaced them with mediocre players.

we’ve had " mediocre " players before, and turned them into good players, this time it didn’t work, given Batleys budget it would have been difficult to replace the exiting 11 players with even better players than the GF team....IMO i think we relied too much on filling gaps with DR players, and that turned out to be our downfall.....

why would your budget have been less this season ? did you have a bigger budget in 2013 ? you must have had the most successful season from a money perspective in 2013 that would have been used for 2014 ??, and i also read on another thread about a pot of money available from your supporters association ? didnt you  get money or gate money from st helens pre season from the sale of walmsley ?

why would your budget have been less this season ? did you have a bigger budget in 2013 ? you must have had the most successful season from a money perspective in 2013 that would have been used for 2014 ??, and i also read on another thread about a pot of money available from your supporters association ? didnt you get money or gate money from st helens pre season from the sale of walmsley ?

All valid points, Deano. We were actually informed that squad signed up for 2014 was more expensive than the one which took us all the way to the Grand Final in 2013. Perhaps Vinny Finigan broke the bank?

As for not using the pot of gold raised by our Squadbuilder fund to bolster our threadbare squad with some real quality - who knows? I guess it'll remain an enduring mystery - much like Atlantis and the Loch Ness Monster.

Here's the email address you need to contact if you feel the need to complain; ralphtherimmer@rfl.co.uk

No-one here cares what you think.

:)