Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTerminator

Accountability

80 posts in this topic

I read the programme notes today. Nicholas has done a fine job for The Dogs over the years. It would be a shame if he went.

+1

If it was for sale, I hope you are right. Personally, I just don't see it.

I'm not so sure. Dewsbury have at least four or five directors who are, it would appear, able to invest money when necessary. For example, they doubled their playing staff budget this season to guarantee a spot in next season's financial jamboree. People with money do seem to be out there - they just haven't landed on our doorstep. Why, I just don't know?

Just the lowest point in 17 years as Chairman. I think maybe it is too much to run the Club with the requirements of the current game, and run a profession, on a solo basis. Maybe it is time to have conversations with some of his contacts with a view to either beefing up the Board for additional support, or hand it over to new blood, but still retain an interest .

But thats not Kevin and how he works, he wants 100% total control over everything, he wouldn't work with anyone, he has to be pulling the strings, its his toy and nobody else is invited to play.

Well, the club hasn't been for sale in 17 years. If it was for sale, I'm sure there would be a number of interested parties. Batley Bulldogs RLFC would be an excellent project for the right person with the right amount of money.

I didn't buy a programme. I attempted to at around 1430, but was told that the club had only ordered 150 copies which had all been sold.

They were snapped up as mementos by Dewsbury fans in case we don't see another for a few years.

They were snapped up as mementos by Dewsbury fans in case we don't see another for a few years.

Oh, I think you might, BSJ.

............and maybe that has been the problem this season, when clearly additional resources and expertise have been required to remain in the Championship fold and compete for the 'spoils' next season.

I'm not so sure. Dewsbury have at least four or five directors who are, it would appear, able to invest money when necessary. For example, they doubled their playing staff budget this season to guarantee a spot in next season's financial jamboree. People with money do seem to be out there - they just haven't landed on our doorstep. Why, I just don't know?

As I say I hope you are right. 

Just the lowest point in 17 years as Chairman. I think maybe it is too much to run the Club with the requirements of the current game, and run a profession, on a solo basis. Maybe it is time to have conversations with some of his contacts with a view to either beefing up the Board for additional support, or hand it over to new blood, but still retain an interest .

Thanks BD, much appreciated.

Both running a club and running a business are full time jobs, so hopefully we can get some new board members to help out or a complete takeover, by someone who can invest more time to running the club. I just hope they are capable and have the club at heart.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that KN said before the start of the season that Batley's budget was based on a number of projections, which included a gross attendance of 14,000 for your home league games. At the time I thought this might be a bit ambitious and just may account for some of the recent difficulties in recruitment.

I smy memory fooling me or was this the case?

There's always a chance we could meet in the challenge cup!

There's always a chance we could meet in the challenge cup!

He's here, look ...

Kear, Kear what have you done?
You're taking the bulldogs into league one,
Can't beat us at home, can't beat us away,
Only time we'll play you is on boxing day!

It's a long way to hemel hempstead, it's a long way to go!

;)

All we need now is Tranquilizer to complete the set!

The three stooges.

All we need now is Tranquilizer to complete the set!

The three stooges.

chin up mate I aint gonna let rip

''nowt nor nobody will be able to beat th'i up better than you'll all be beating ya sens up''

book of Yorkshire,page 23 line 8

;)

Fieldhead secure facility opposite pinders presumably

Our main sponsor, Stan Whittaker, an ex-player, could be a potential target. He has the club at heart, and has been a good backer of the Club during our recent successes.

Our main sponsor, Stan Whittaker, an ex-player, could be a potential target. He has the club at heart, and has been a good backer of the Club during our recent successes.

How about getting Fox's Biscuits on board or would that be taking the biscuit. Also would they pull out when things started to crumble?

How about getting Fox's Biscuits on board or would that be taking the biscuit. Also would they pull out when things started to crumble?

Whilst on the subject of 'pulling out', I'd like to say on behalf of all Batley fans that it's a shame your Dad didn't.

See, I can lower the tone too.

Whilst on the subject of 'pulling out', I'd like to say on behalf of all Batley fans that it's a shame your Dad didn't.

See, I can lower the tone too.

I just think you're a sore loser.

In regards to my dad - he died of Leukemia. That's it keep your sad and pathetic comments coming you sad, little excuse of a man!

In regards to my dad - he died of Leukemia. That's it keep your sad and pathetic comments coming you sad, little excuse of a man!

Stop over reacting! No one criticised anyone's dad.

Seriously, what do you expect people to do on a day like today? Our biggest rivals have effectively relegated us and you seriously expect us to laugh uncontrollably at your unfunny comments.

Get some empathy and stop being pathetic yourself!

I'm sorry to hear that. Quite genuinely.

Not sorry about my post, though.

lets not be getting out of hand lads

were here to talk rugby,take the mickey,and enjoy weather its pleasure or pain after today

time to laugh off recent comments before it escalate's into the realms of silliness

that's my job ;)

Stop over reacting! No one criticised anyone's dad.

Seriously, what do you expect people to do on a day like today? Our biggest rivals have effectively relegated us and you seriously expect us to laugh uncontrollably at your unfunny comments.

Get some empathy and stop being pathetic yourself!

Empathy.. ..what goes around comes around.

FWIW Batley, if relegated, would have been safe any other season. It was this one when the club needed to be a bit braver but that takes guts and a lot of money. If I were Kevin (and I'm not that daft to think running a rugby club is fun), I would have been just as cautious considering he's expected to back the club with his house, when the Batley public won't back the club with 2 hours of their time.

To be fair, i do remember a while ago when Dews were on the brink that several Batley fans including ones who actually post under their genuine names actually stated they hoped Dews went down and even went to the wall.