Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Nicholas

Chairman statement

94 posts in this topic

workington town lost from last years squad ,carl briscoe , paddy flynn , elliott millar , ewan dowes ,adam walne , jordan walne ,jamie thackary , jamie acton , so theres 8 . we got by with loacal amateurs signing and dual reg/loan deals .missing players isn t the reason for the position your in . its maybe players attitude , coach too long at the club , etc. phil veivers turned our club around .

Rumour is that next year there will be a restriction of 3 players on DR so that will make you current strategy difficult to sustain won't it?

workington town lost from last years squad ,carl briscoe , paddy flynn , elliott millar , ewan dowes ,adam walne , jordan walne ,jamie thackary , jamie acton , so theres 8 . we got by with loacal amateurs signing and dual reg/loan deals .missing players isn t the reason for the position your in . its maybe players attitude , coach too long at the club , etc. phil veivers turned our club around .

paddy flynn? widnes, adam and jordan walne ?salford so how have you lost them

You have got by with DR, 10 different players in total i think from wigan.With out DR you would have been cream crackered

Yes BSJ , which is no bad thing . Having a skeleton squad is and was high risk . How much was strategy is unclear . We had a poor offseason , and the change of coach was further destabilising .

But PV is talking about recruiting , and doing it pretty early . So fingers crossed we've a squad of quantity and quality , with DR/ loan as a boost on top , as it should be . The balance will be readdressed I'm sure

Well its kear that choose the players to sign or not ??

Really

You have got by with DR, 10 different players in total i think from wigan.With out DR you would have been cream crackered

And with you playing 3 each week (2 on DR and 1 on loan) so would your team have been cream crackered, so your team has needed them just the same.

Look i dont know who picks the players i assume it is the coach . If im wrong do tell as then i dont know ??

Dont care whats said,whats gone before or how it will end up

nothing what happens weather good or bad

will tarnish or destroy what kevin has done for batley...nothing

the bloke has given his heart,soul,money & time

over the years to give batley some "glory years"

and you have had some good time too

as a Dewsbury fan ive stood over the years and shock my head at what batley have done with the money theyve had...a fantasic job truely fantasic

when we was on the floor there aint many rams fans wished that we could emulate what batley had achived..your a family at batley run by fans for the fans .

your in this position thru just bad luck and stupid mistakes...kevins been honest enough and just stopped short of pouring his heart out...the poor bloke has taken this on his shoulders...cos thats the kinda bloke he comes across as.

would have been easy to come on here and bang on how its not his fault..but no first one with the hand up saying "blame me".. everybodys to blame as your a family,your all one together

silly little stuff as rolled into a massive snowball thats rolled off the cliff.

dont let kevin take all the blame and support and help this bloke cos without him... there wouldnt be a batley now

ive all the time in the world for our chairman love him to bits hes done loads for my club in the same respects kevin has for your club.

these kind of men are not two a penny

dewsbury & batley have the best 2 chairmen in rugby league...its easy at a big club

but they aint at big clubs

There at family clubs

our family each and everyone.

Behave yourself Coolie, I've had to agree with you a few times lately. Whatever is the world coming to?  Well said, anyway.

Really

It is clear you have issues with the board but can you honestly say that they picked the players? Yes they sorted the budget but that is determined by attendances.

Just heard about El Miller have we !!! You are one bitter individual and an hypocrite to boot. as Keith T points out you have 2  or 3 non haven players in every week, which is a good job for you as cotter would be starting every week. Why don't you come on our board and discuss this ? We would love to hear from you, 

But surely that's the point. No one wants a personal statement from the chairman every night, even though it is appreciated when you do. Regular up dates via the website, copied onto here and onto facebook and twitter would be great. And we all appreciate that there are very few people at the club doing a lot of jobs. If more people could be persuaded to do jobs such as public communications, it would free up people within the club to concentrate on other jobs. 

An example of this is the work that Mark did as Chairman LMAO, with links on here to website articles etc. I understand that that work must be very time consuming, so wouldn't it be worth employing someone, even on a part time basis to deal with communications? 

I think people are frustrated by the lack of any information, Grayston for example, we still have had no official notification of whether he has signed for us or not. 

No one is a bigger supporter of the club than me and defender of the work our directors do, but I have to say that when things go wrong, we do tend to look amatuerish. While I understand this can be painful for KN, it hurts us all as supporters and as a club.

I know things are not over for this season, but as it is virtually nailed on, I would be really interested in our plans for next season when they are formulated, and would sincerely hope that the club see it as an opportunity, and spend as little time possible wallowing in self pity. I would also think that the shareholders, one of which I am proud to be, deserve at least this.

DD - just as a point of reference, the Bulldogs latest recruit, Jon Humpleby, will be assisting on the communication side of things. He must be pretty good at it, because he took the time out to come and find me and persuade me to stay on editing the website at least until the end of the season at a point where I'd really had enough for various reasons that don't need airing on here. I agree with the points regarding communication - it has been a failing in comparison to recent years where I've been involved with the club, but Jon seems like a passionate and ambitious bloke who wants to make a difference both on the community and communication side of things. Let's give him a chance - he may actually be the man for the job.

Rumour is that next year there will be a restriction of 3 players on DR so that will make you current strategy difficult to sustain won't it?

BSJ - I (and quite a few other Batley fans) will be stunned senseless if we persevere with DR next season, no matter what division we're in. Loans perhaps, yes, but DR? Do me a favour!

And with you playing 3 each week (2 on DR and 1 on loan) so would your team have been cream crackered, so your team has needed them just the same.

1 season long loan keith (available to every one) and same 2 DR players all season again same available for everyone.The point is the poster is trying to make out by signing locals you have stayed up, when in reallity with out the DR crutch you would have not.Yes our DR's have done well, but we have not chopped and change all season and we have have won games with out them

It is clear you have issues with the board but can you honestly say that they picked the players? Yes they sorted the budget but that is determined by attendances.

Imagine I send you to the shop with 50p for a bottle of pop. but when you get there the bottle of Pepsi - the one that tastes really nice, is £1.00. However, the cheap, Panda Cola - which tastes absolutely rank, is only 50p. Which drink can you afford to buy?

DD - just as a point of reference, the Bulldogs latest recruit, Jon Humpleby, will be assisting on the communication side of things. He must be pretty good at it, because he took the time out to come and find me and persuade me to stay on editing the website at least until the end of the season at a point where I'd really had enough for various reasons that don't need airing on here. I agree with the points regarding communication - it has been a failing in comparison to recent years where I've been involved with the club, but Jon seems like a passionate and ambitious bloke who wants to make a difference both on the community and communication side of things. Let's give him a chance - he may actually be the man for the job.

But surely this is another instance of someone being put in a position to undertake duties that are probably not within his remit? As Community Manager there must surely be enough work to be undertaken without being expected to look after some of the communication aspect?

You have had more than the same two as I can think of Anthony Walker and loan players count in the total number of 5 for any match whether they are short or long term loans.    So where's the difference with what Town have been doing?    Haven haven't been able to get players from Saints because they send more of their players to Rochdale or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.   You would have accepted that more Saints players would be at Haven just the same.  

But surely this is another instance of someone being put in a position to undertake duties that are probably not within his remit? As Community Manager there must surely be enough work to be undertaken without being expected to look after some of the communication aspect?

You may be right, Fred. But at least he's giving it a shot. So am I. And so are several other people in and around the club.

Playing devil's advocate (and this is my own view now, nothing to do with the club), the club probably can't afford a dedicated communications manager, or a press officer, or many of the other things we may need to move to the next level. For instance, I hold down a pretty demanding full-time job AND keep the site ticking over as best I can with limited control. In my heart of hearts, I know I'd probably do a pretty good job of either of those positions I've just mentioned on a full-time basis, but I can't do it for nothing (or even a basic wage) as I have a young family to support and the club can't afford (I presume) the wages required for either of those positions to be filled on a FT basis, so what happens? Jon takes on the communications as part of his role, because he wants to help, and I do the website and editorial because I love the club and I can just about spare the time to do it for nowt. Believe me, if I was in a position to offer my services full-time to the club, I'd be there.

It's not where we want to be, but it's where we're at. And it's where we're at because we don't have enough of a revenue stream on match days, or enough match promotion around the town, or a queue of schoolchildren wanting to be Batley fans, or a good presence in the local community. Perhaps Jon might be able to do something about those things, perhaps he won't, but at least he'll give it a shot.

Also there was a lad called SWIFT that played fullback for haven now where did he come from tell us, haven for ever ,

Also there was a lad called SWIFT that played fullback for haven now where did he come from tell us, haven for ever ,

Not this season

Nobody including me has said that, read the bloody thing again, Kear picks the team but he doesnt sign them, he is tied by what the board gives him

And for your information you clown i have every respect for John M and Paul H, yes i dont like or get on with Kevin, so what, get over it, he has, christ sake, some of you Mods are just plain daft

Kears comments on Boots 'n' All tonight sounded like a plea for leniency.   How come 12 other clubs knew the rules then John?   And when you talk about bonus points have got teams higher than they would be I think if you deduct all bonus points from the league table and use 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw you are still in the same position!!!!!

Kears comments on Boots 'n' All tonight sounded like a plea for leniency. How come 12 other clubs knew the rules then John? And when you talk about bonus points have got teams higher than they would be I think if you deduct all bonus points from the league table and use 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw you are still in the same position!!!!!

Have to agree, Kear was fighting a losing battle.

Seems from what Kear has said, and what the chairman has said, Kear is not responsible at all for the mess we are in.

As a fan who has watched this team all season, i beg to differ.

Kear Out!

Have to agree, Kear was fighting a losing battle.

Seems from what Kear has said, and what the chairman has said, Kear is not responsible at all for the mess we are in.

As a fan who has watched this team all season, i beg to differ.

Kear Out!

Not so sure calling for his head is the solution mate, as said previously it seems he hasnt been given any money, even when it would seem that there is BISSA money available, i seriously dont think he should be making TV appearances when he should be holding training sessions though, the boots and all was actually cringe worthy

It wasn't good . And then his tv buddies trying desparately to back him up and support his claims that none of this makes sense , is plain silly and distorting , and is totally incomprehensible to everyone ... To which he could reply with his famous ' correct ' . Looked a bit like a struggling man swimming against a tide . ' And I don't think this and that anyway ...This is common sense , ' isn't really the point , when the rules n regs are there for all to play and abide by from the get go . To unpick them publicly when you fall foul of them or feel they've worked against you , looks like deflecting blame and , in the context ,a bit like sour grapes and moaning , purely from the outside . Ultimately though , for all that, surely the fatal damage still gets done on the field of play over 26 rounds , and that's where the buck stops

Nobody including me has said that, read the bloody thing again, Kear picks the team but he doesnt sign them, he is tied by what the board gives him

And for your information you clown i have every respect for John M and Paul H, yes i dont like or get on with Kevin, so what, get over it, he has, christ sake, some of you Mods are just plain daft

At last a post from you with a little substance. And as I said (if you read my post properly) the board budget based on what turnover the club gets. End of. Kear signs the players he can on that budget.

Yes some bissa money was saved for next season but it wouldn't have made a lot of difference IMO.

Try cut out the name calling pal. What you think of me is fine just keep it to yourself. Although calling me a clown because I don't agree with you is very childish.

At last a post from you with a little substance. And as I said (if you read my post properly) the board budget based on what turnover the club gets. End of. Kear signs the players he can on that budget.

Yes some bissa money was saved for next season but it wouldn't have made a lot of difference IMO.

Try cut out the name calling pal. What you think of me is fine just keep it to yourself. Although calling me a clown because I don't agree with you is very childish.

Oh shut up and lose the chip "PAL" your opinion just like mine or anyone elses means absolutly nothing, stop making assumptions about what i say because you know absolutly nothing pal.