Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

christheram

Byron smith a ram?

50 posts in this topic

Heard off a number of batley fans he's signed for us next year with jonny Campbell, any truth?

a sad day if true,but have said it weeks ago it must be so hard for the senior players to put a shift in and not feel let down by some a the signings brought in to help the squad,many more to follow baz who aint got much to stick around for. to me baz is one a the best players to wear a dogs shirt in a long time,you get what you see and its always 100% game after game, you dont always notice his workrate as its straight up middle a park but hes one hell of a player and i will miss him above any other player.all the best baz lad and thanks for some cracking rugby fella. :bb:

Heard off a number of batley fans he's signed for us next year with jonny Campbell, any truth?

Heard about Baz Smith,I wouldn't like to bet on Johnny Campbell following him!!! I've heard maybe another prop from batley's on our radar!!

Yeah Alex Rowe too? Aparantly wev signed matty wildie Paul Sykes and Ryan fiekdhouse too. The batley rumours came from you're supporters on Sunday. Only rumours though .. May not even be true

Cant understand why were plundering a team

on the brink of relegation

are these players really that good

and if they were...was it poor coaching ?

im all for 100% players but your looking for stars in a poor team do campbell and smith fit this bill ??

not seen them game in game out

opinions please ??

Yeah Alex Rowe too? Aparantly wev signed matty wildie Paul Sykes and Ryan fiekdhouse too. The batley rumours came from you're supporters on Sunday. Only rumours though .. May not even be true

chris ya keep telling me youve done kelly brook

is that true ;)

He'll be good in the wrestle on what I saw !!!

the vultures are starting to circle mount pleasant to pick out the 'better' players.....tough times ahead for the doggys !!

Surely we must learn from last season and attempt to secure the services of the key players that will be instrumental in our on field 'revival'. Would it not make sense to have a plan in place for an immediate return to Championship rugby, if we are relegated. If we survive, it is equally as important to secure these players. Baz Smith is one of the last surviving players of the 'Bulldog Breed', and we need that type of spite to cement things together.

The vultures are circling picking at the carcas.

Another huge turnover of players in the off season in prospect.

It comes as no surprise to me we can't hang on to anybody these days

players just can't wait to leave the club.No way will we bounce straight

back lean times ahead,can't see us attracting any sort of quality in

park league. I see there was 2 cracking attendences of 108&161 we'd

better cut down on pie order and a couple of barrels of ale should

last us the season.

It comes as no surprise to me we can't hang on to anybody these days

players just can't wait to leave the club.No way will we bounce straight

back lean times ahead,can't see us attracting any sort of quality in

park league. I see there was 2 cracking attendences of 108&161 we'd

better cut down on pie order and a couple of barrels of ale should

last us the season.

Better cut back on the number of free tickets we hand out. There are some 'fans' who don't appear to pay into a single home game.

Better cut back on the number of free tickets we hand out. There are some 'fans' who don't appear to pay into a single home game.

Here Here,it's the same at our place the queue at the office in the main entrance is longer than the turnstiles,all lost revenue!!!

One guy in 9 oil a few week ago boasted that he hasn't paid into a home game for over 3 years. - not a supporter of the club in my eyes.

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

When i used to do photos up at the Mount i would hang about in the tunnel for a teamsheet and the number of people "who knew someboby" and just walked into the ground through that nterance was unbelieveable, there was usually someone on the door but all that was required was a nod or a wink and you were in, none of these were players wives, stewards, workers, volunteers etc, etc.

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

Just to challenge that Chris, why is it "only right" that players should get free tickets? It may be a perk common to most clubs but i would question the "rightness" of it, especially in our entitlement oriented society. We'll be getting like soccer next!!

All clubs at Championship level are dependent upon every pound of income that they can generate and to blithely give this away is a mistake, IMHO of course.

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

The same could be said of many supporters surely?

Difference is we pay to attend the entertainment, the players put all week, time, effort in to it, body on the line, get injured, lose pay at work when fixtures get messed around, may miss work with injuries ect. I'm not going to complain because they get 2 free tickets for family members

I know of people getting a freebie every home game & they've no connection to the players & it's been going on for years!!! I've no problem with 2 people getting in free with players pass. I know of a past player that had a party of up to 10 people every home game that never paid in ever,I used to see the tkts being handed over!

If their families won't pay to watch them play why would you expect anyone else to? ;)

(Apologies to Batley fans for a Rams conversation)

So we're planning for a squad of 30 players next season, plus the coaching staff who I presume would get the same perks. Give each of then 4 tickets and that will be 150ish at each game.

In the full knowledge that they won't always go to family members do you think any club such as ours or Batley can afford to be giving these away willy nilly? What other clubs do is irrelevant by the way or it would simply be a race to see whose perks were the best. The players get paid a reasonable amount of money, or they wouldn't do it, so don't make this out to be a charitable act. If it's a part of their contracts then fair enough but freebies, no!

I was given 4 free tickets as part of my player sponsorship!