Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

christheram

Byron smith a ram?

50 posts in this topic

I was given 4 free tickets as part of my player sponsorship!

You forget to mention they were for Barrow Eddie

(Apologies to Batley fans for a Rams conversation)

So we're planning for a squad of 30 players next season, plus the coaching staff who I presume would get the same perks. Give each of then 4 tickets and that will be 150ish at each game.

In the full knowledge that they won't always go to family members do you think any club such as ours or Batley can afford to be giving these away willy nilly? What other clubs do is irrelevant by the way or it would simply be a race to see whose perks were the best. The players get paid a reasonable amount of money, or they wouldn't do it, so don't make this out to be a charitable act. If it's a part of their contracts then fair enough but freebies, no!

in my opinion players should be given 2 free tickets each if playing, but that's my opinion, yours is different. I think the club are right to do it

I was given 4 free tickets as part of my player sponsorship!

that I find abit odd, how much is player sponsorship though? 200?

You forget to mention they were for Barrow Eddie

I should have saved you a ticket for a dewsbury game, then at least you could have seen one good game this season! Oh I forgot you were there when your team of no hopers got hammered at Tetley stadium ;)

that I find abit odd, how much is player sponsorship though? 200?

What's odd about it? Yes it's £200 and for that I got 4 free tickets of my choice apart from cup games. I will also get the players shirt at the awards night.

I should have saved you a ticket for a dewsbury game, then at least you could have seen one good game this season! Oh I forgot you were there when your team of no hopers got hammered at Tetley stadium ;)

These no hopers the Rams are trying to sign?

These no hopers the Rams are trying to sign?

They're just rumours, nothing has been confirmed as of yet!

They're just rumours, nothing has been confirmed as of yet!

we shall see......youll look a little daft eddie ( more than usual ) if they sign our " no hopers "....

Getting back on topic baz would be missed as he is a no frills workhouse. The amount of twitching is worrying but doesnt hide and takes some hammer.

He was linked with a return to fax but that was in silly season.

As Captain he should stay at the helm as his ship goes down and to lead the return next season of course.

Or we could thank him for his time & efforts. He had been a good servant for the club, hope it goes well & come up with a new option for the 4th tackle

As Captain he should stay at the helm as his ship goes down and to lead the return next season of course.

yeah and the reduced contract and pay as well....

Not the best metaphor PM.  Captains that stay at the helm whilst the ship goes down are not noted for returning to lead as it were!

Not the best metaphor PM. Captains that stay at the helm whilst the ship goes down are not noted for returning to lead as it were!

Have you not seen the excellent Pirates of the Caribbean?

I remember a game at sheffield a few years back

Where are players were selling their ticket allocations in the pub on the corner across from the ground to the dewsbury fans

the players will remain nameless as ones retired and the other is busy this weekend ;)

thought personally that was harsh asking for money for something they got for free.

I remember a game at sheffield a few years back

Where are players were selling their ticket allocations in the pub on the corner across from the ground to the dewsbury fans

the players will remain nameless as ones retired and the other is busy this weekend ;)

thought personally that was harsh asking for money for something they got for free.

A certain prop known for his robust approach, and who's son now props for the giants, once "persuaded" me to buy one of his freebies at half price. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I had a season ticket.

A certain prop known for his robust approach, and who's son now props for the giants, once "persuaded" me to buy one of his freebies at half price. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I had a season ticket.

Shirley was Eorl's uncle.

;)

Shirley was Eorl's uncle.

;)

No this was a Dewsbury prop - the one who's nickname suggested he might have lived in a one storey building.

No this was a Dewsbury prop - the one who's nickname suggested he might have lived in a one storey building.

And he was very persuasive. :(

I knew who you meant but his lad hasn't played for the Giants for some time. Maybe your internet is a bit slow?

:tongue:

I knew who you meant but his lad hasn't played for the Giants for some time. Maybe your internet is a bit slow?

are you two Dewsbury lads having a convo ?.....

are you two Dewsbury lads having a convo ?.....

Yeah, sorry RPH. Slow news day.

Mind you it's nice to be called a lad.

Doh ! :fool: The perils of dinner time drinking.