Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Latest news: Campbell pledges for 2015

35 posts in this topic

First appeared in 2008. Crazy.

Does the contract stand whatever division we are in?

If so - absolutely terrific news and a much needed morale boost.

He owes the club and fans a lot, so looking forward to a big season from him in 2015.

Genuinly suprised he is staying on but good on him, grass isnt always greener as they say

So our club is capable of a bit of positivity.

Cheers jonny if there was ever a time to rely on bulldog grit nows the time.

Would campbell make a captain providing he avoides the black bull and ladbrokes down Dewsbury

Yes, agree with everyone else. A good signing for next season and perhaps a decent sign of intent too.

Great news

He has signed for 2015. That is irrespective of what division we are in. We stuck by him - he's sticking by us; how it should be IMO, and fair play to him when clubs were sniffing around.

surplus to our requirements

we're only running 2 teams next season ;)

surplus to our requirements

we're only running 2 teams next season ;)

Glad he's staying loyal that's the least he could do given the grief he's given them in the time he's been there. Plus good news for us,because I really didn't want him at rams!!

I do welcome these insightful comments from Rams fans.  Well worth putting finger to keyboard, IMO.

:lol: you would say that now he's staying!

great stuff jc lad. always enjoys his game and you can bet he will make plenty a yards to set things up for us every game. my type a player who as a bit of loyalty to the dogs.made up i am.. :bb:

Great news. We missed him this year. Has been one of my favourite players of recent years

:lol: you would say that now he's staying!

Why would we want him? The Rams have Morton and Scott. IMO I hope we don't sign any Batley players, as the Rams are going places whereas Batley......

Been there and done, got the tee shirt, the video and enjoyed every minute of it. We'll be back.

Cheers Roger

Why would we want him? The Rams have Morton and Scott. IMO I hope we don't sign any Batley players, as the Rams are going places whereas Batley......

Be careful Eddie you'll be getting barred again!!!

It's Batley who are going places Eddie, like Gloucester Coventry ...

Notwithstanding the recent history it is good to see a few RL players showing geuine loyalty towards clubs that have looked after them. It also gives you a little bit of leverage when attempting to sign new players when you can point to the fact that the club does mean something more than a pay packet.

As someone has suggested previously, if you were to go down it would be interesting to see if Danny Maun fancied a last hurrah.

Why would we want hilym? The Rams have Morton and Scott. IMO I hope we don't sign any Batley players, as the Rams are going places whereas Batley......

Amazing how we view players differently isn't it - Austin's best days are probably past him, but I reckon he is still the quickest of our wingers and the best finisher, and defensively he is no worse than the other two, which admittedly isn't much to shout about.. I've always been impressed by Campbell, and I'd bet that most neutral fans given the choice, would have him in their squad before Scott and Morton any day. It's to his credit that he is repaying the Dogs faithful by committing himself to the club next season - if the rest of the team have anything about them, they will be queuing up to re-sign, to make  amends for their performances this term - they owe the Batley supporters big time.