Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

We're not safe yet

88 posts in this topic

They're hitting their straps now , are playing for lots of money , and Keighley have been really poor lately even in victory . I can see them and Batley ending up on the same points... 42 or 43 and it coming down to points . Haven could end up on 43 as well in a three way fight ! Points difference could easy tell - then someone will be doubly miffed !

RFL state previous breaches with no punishments were the reason for awarding the points back.

So they can't punish anyone for breaches going forward then , right ? So why bother with rules to adhere to ?

i think the most worrying game is fev away to keighley, they've been nowhere near as good of a side as at the start of the year. Hope I'm wrong but it's not a banker like we would like to think.

If we beat the eagles on Sunday a point at keighley will do. Unless fax get 2 cricket scores which is very unlikely. If fax get beat on Sunday and we win we don't need anything at keighley. So the Fev v keighley game might not be important to us at all.

So they can't punish anyone for breaches going forward then , right ? So why bother with rules to adhere to ?

in theory we can play whoever we want in last 2 and just appeal with same info

typical rugby league decision . its usually football that seems frightened to enforce their laws . but the team thrown out of the champions league played a player for just 4 minutes were already 4-1 up . it will cost them £25 million plus .

next season could be fun ...the message they have just put out is field who you want when you want because we cant punish anyone anymore .

They cannot enforce their own laws . Have you ever heard the like !!

Based on this I'd be tempted to wrap some of our key players in cotton wool this week and send a below strength team to Leigh and concentrate on the Dewsbury game.

No big surprise this is the rfl were dealing with, did think everyone was jumping the gun with the we are safe stuff. More than likely to go to last day of season. Having to win to make sure, much better to do it on merit than relying on the powers that be.

Based on this I'd be tempted to wrap some of our key players in cotton wool this week and send a below strength team to Leigh and concentrate on the Dewsbury game.

No don't think we can afford to do that, as it could go to goal difference, and a thrashing may win or bust. A low scoring defeat preferably with bonus point must be the aim.

I feel sorry for barrow myself. They broke the salary cap and got punished very heavily. I know this isn't to the same extent but what I'm getting at is its still cheating which ever way you look at it. Good job the DR will be finished for our league next season because it entices clubs to play several in-eligible players knowing they can't be punished. But the league below should be interesting regarding this situation.

Don't think it is finished . Changed yes ? but I've heard nothing definite on it

The DR is staying next year.

As far as I'm aware its not in our league just the league below.

We have trout and annakin on DR this season but we have got them on season long loans for next season because of no DR next season.The powers that be might change the rules though lol.

News to me . The ' working party ' was investigating - but they say they still strive to see minimal barriers to players playing in lower leagues . It'll be here in some form . I think loan arrangements may be the way to go if possible.

We have trout and annakin on DR this season but we have got them on season long loans for next season because of no DR next season.The powers that be might change the rules though lol.

dr is happening next year, but only 3 players per club.

RFL state previous breaches with no punishments were the reason for awarding the points back.

I would like to know what power john kear as got with the rfl. SPINLESS THE LOT OF THEM.

That's all I can say.

dr is happening next year, but only 3 players per club.

If you're right I stand corrected. I presumed with us loaning our 2 DR players for next season their wouldn't be any DR for our league. We must of cut our DR ties I'm guessing then. IMO though their is alot at stake next season probably more so than this. I can't see the clubs wanting SL being in a DR agreement as its not in their best interests especially if they meet their parent club in the middle 8. With what's happened today I think its time it was scraped for good personally.I know teams need it to save money but why can't they loan players to clubs for a season and if needs be can recall them to fill gaps through injurys? I like the idea of only 3 but it should be 3 loaned for the season but can be recalled if needs be but no replacement. This way the SL clubs will only allow future players out on loan and won't recall them unless needs be. I think its a win win for both clubs this way. At least you know these guys will be with you most of the season instead of getting one, one week and a different player the next or not being available etc. just my opinion of course.I hate DR as you can probably tell lol.

Three good quality loans if possible is better I'd agree , to give stability . But we'll see what happens . Our link with Wigan will remain from all we've heard .

The RFL have dropped a right clanger with this decision today. What's to stop keighley, whitehaven and even yourselves fielding in-eligible players to stay up if needs be? With the decision today theirs nothing stopping the clubs or any other club for that matter doing this.