Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

We're not safe yet

88 posts in this topic

If I were you guys id be on the phone to mr wane asking him if you can have his first team to play leigh and make sure you stay up lol. Wigan don't like Leigh so it could work lol and no punishment would be forthcoming lol.

Last day is gonna be interesting is it not ?

lets hope batley,haven and keighley all lose on Sunday so we can all chill and watch the chaos.

If I were you guys id be on the phone to mr wane asking him if you can have his first team to play leigh and make sure you stay up lol. Wigan don't like Leigh so it could work lol and no punishment would be forthcoming lol.

haven't batley said they were unaware they were breaking the rules.so any club deliberately breaking the rules would be a different situation all together and would probably result in a points deduction.

When it comes down to the RFL that old saying "you should always expect the unexpected" was never truer.

Batley's appeal was centred around the fact that they didn't know about this 3 game rule and it seems to me that they have upturned every stone to find that Haven broke the same rule last year and didn't get punished.    As they haven't punished any teams either last year or this then it would be very difficult for them to punish another team if they now broke the same rule this season.

It's ironic though that the one coach that shouted loudest about the perceived miscarriage of justice just happened to be coach of the team that broke the rule last year and got away with it!!!  As they say "touche".

The one coach who saved batley's bacon ... How's that for karma

He wouldn't save any bacon! Only salad!

I can't believe what a bunch of clueless w*****s the RFL have been over this. They just keep finding new ways to make themselves look a bigger shambles than they were! I don't know how long I can keep putting up with this before I give up on Rugby League completely, and if I do only myself and Town will lose out, those pricks at the RFL won't give a rats ass!

I wonder how clubs would stand legally should they get relegated now instead of Batley. I expect some (included our own) will have given contracts out with the knowledge they were safe, as Batley had blatantly broken the rules, even if it was unknowingly. This isnt anything against Batley, or doncaster but the RFL have created a ridiculous situation where precedent is now set and will not be changed, I presume it now means any club in breach of a rule can hunt back through the previous seasons to find a club or player getting away with it and use that as a defence. Thats a huge can of worms. Well more like a whopping great silo of worms.

I wonder how clubs would stand legally should they get relegated now instead of Batley. I expect some (included our own) will have given contracts out with the knowledge they were safe, as Batley had blatantly broken the rules, even if it was unknowingly. This isnt anything against Batley, or doncaster but the RFL have created a ridiculous situation where precedent is now set and will not be changed, I presume it now means any club in breach of a rule can hunt back through the previous seasons to find a club or player getting away with it and use that as a defence. Thats a huge can of worms. Well more like a whopping great silo of worms.

i would hazard a guess they will be mighty relieved if Batley still go down. It would put the entire thing to bed.

It's like the lieutenant George defence on the Flanders pigeon murderer case ... ' let him off please , it's a lovely day ! '

This could only happen in Rugby League

The thing is its still in our hands. This should give us massive incentive to be up for the Dewsbury game.

lets hope batley,haven and keighley all lose on Sunday so we can all chill and watch the chaos.

A forlorn hope I reckon. Haven should get 6 from their last two games. Batley have been given a new lease of life and are likely to grab it, we know what scrappers Keighley are. No, it looks like its down to the last game for us, what else did we expect! BUT we have shown we have got as much character if not more than any other team in this league.

A forlorn hope I reckon. Haven should get 6 from their last two games. Batley have been given a new lease of life and are likely to grab it, we know what scrappers Keighley are. No, it looks like its down to the last game for us, what else did we expect! BUT we have shown we have got as much character if not more than any other team in this league.

I'm not sure havens game at Swinton will be easy. They will beat the hornets but lions away is what they need to worry about. The lions ran Sheffield a lot closer than haven did in recent games.

Ive said for weeks the Rugby League dont want two clubs up here and are doing the best to bring us both together, so im not surprised that they have done a U turn, just my opinion mind I just dont trust them. Will give the bent so and so something to bother about if we both win and stay up tho !!

Ive said for weeks the Rugby League dont want two clubs up here and are doing the best to bring us both together, so im not surprised that they have done a U turn, just my opinion mind I just dont trust them. Will give the bent so and so something to bother about if we both win and stay up tho !!

Are you suggesting the RFL are corrupt?

Are you suggesting the RFL are corrupt?

not a fair question mate. Should you not have said incompetent.

It's a situation that cries either ignorance or incompetence , or both . If there were breaches a full year ago why was action not taken ? Why were they not flagged . It seems in taking this latest action the RFL were not aware of previous breaches of the same rule ... And then had them brought to their attention so had to respond on the hoof and rescind the punishment . If they'd known of the precedent then they wouldn't have taken the points off !! Total shambles . Teams last year then dodged a bullet it seems ... But two wrongs don't make a right - except in RFL land . Puts RFL in a very very poor light

Well I do believe it was a mistake and Batley didn't deliberately cheat but the question is if the RFL knew of other instances and did nothing about it, why did they even deduct the 3 points in the first place? Did they think it would never be discovered so were prepared to punish some clubs when others got away with it or has it just come to light about the others?

Why not just dock 3 points off all guilty teams?

Heard a rumour someone at RFL has lost their job over this.