Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pink panther

chilled out Sunday

62 posts in this topic

Haven win by 36. Points difference to 24.

Keighley score and convert and are back within 12. Although keighley result dosent bother us as there points difference is far superior.

God I do hope so. Say a little prayer for Keighley please.

there playing terrible Holymoly. going to need some serious divine intervention to avoid the drop

yep that's them -100 and us -76. Also they seem to have picked up more injuries today.

there playing terrible Holymoly. going to need some serious divine intervention to avoid the drop

Keighley in at the death.

good bonus point there. Could keep you up with batley off to Donny next week. As I say dosent make any difference to town as if we lose and you win next week you'd be above us on points difference anyhow.

Keighley score and convert and are back within 12. Although keighley result dosent bother us as there points difference is far superior.

Good try as well Moly - prayers where answered ;0 )

Dewsbury where good today.

So if town get a minimum of a bonus, and the other 3 win, then haven are down. Fingers crossed

Still can't enjoy a game this season without the fear factor!! I suppose the odds are stacked in our favour, I think we all expected haven to batter Rochdale but credit to them for doing it under pressure. Only one of us hasn't got their future in their own hands, I've a feeling all 4 will win next week. It's going to be one he'll of a day.

Dewsbury have very little to play for next week, and if they have any slight knocks I can't see them playing.

Yes still going to be a nervy day next Sunday even though it is in our hands and we are at home. there will have to be some crazy results for the unthinkable to happen and also I have every faith in the lads.

Looking at the league table Sheffield and Dewsbury can't be caught in 5th and 6th places and neither can they go any higher, so as it stands they will be at home in the play-offs.   Sheffield in 5th would play the 8th team and Dewsbury in 6th would play the 7th team which we are favourites to be.

The rest is looking like Leigh (1st) v Halifax (4th) and probably Fev (2nd) v Donny (3rd)

Is there extra money in fifth to play for though ?

Can we not change the title of this thread to "Bad Head Sunday" . . That's what we've all got trying to work this mess out. Lol

£175,000 for fifth AND sixth , so no incentive there for Dews . And the home play off set .

So if town get a minimum of a bonus, and the other 3 win, then haven are down. Fingers crossed

cannot understand why town and Haven fans want the other side relegated !!! The derby games are the only time you ever get a decent crowd ! Absolutely baffling !

We'll get decent crowds next year , and more than double our money . And even that game isn't as pronounced as it used to be . I won't shed any tears for them personally . What will be will be . We may even get some copelanders up to see the top standard of rugby in the area !

cannot understand why town and Haven fans want the other side relegated !!! The derby games are the only time you ever get a decent crowd ! Absolutely baffling !

well you can enjoy havens visit next year then.

you have absolutely no say in this as you are bottom of the league

Bottom line is our fate is in our own hands and that's all you can ask for in this situation. If the lads perform on Sunday then we are ok, although we only need a BP it's a very winnable game and I'm sure PV will ensure the lads are totally focused. We've been competitive all year, nobody else has stopped us getting at least a point at home this year we should have some positivity.

Haven have finished their home games with an average league match crowd of 797.    Town's average league match crowd with a game to go is 769 but that will go above Haven's with anything over 362 attending our last match.   Neither club has been able to attract the sort of crowds that they should be getting for the league we play in but hopefully that may change next season

I for one totally agree with you Baaarrow  , it will only be a negative for the youth system and the budding young players of the area for any local club to go down , not forgetting the loss at the gates in revenue and more people slipping out of the spectator side in general ..fans rivalry should be fun and banter and the future and the success of the game as a whole in Cumbria should be above local rivalry .

Agree Keith , pretty stark figures those . Need to work on getting to four figures next year , which really should be a given . Better quality and better promotion and ideas hopefully reap deserved rewards for the club . I guess the fans (and interested stay away fans ) play a big role in sustaining our club by our attendance . The fans are out there as we know

Haven have finished their home games with an average league match crowd of 797. Town's average league match crowd with a game to go is 769 but that will go above Haven's with anything over 362 attending our last match. Neither club has been able to attract the sort of crowds that they should be getting for the league we play in but hopefully that may change next season

If the average is 769 would a crowd of 362 not reduce the average?

If the average is 769 would a crowd of 362 not reduce the average?

Yes it would

Target attendance is 1101