Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Total Rugby League

Is Zak Hardaker set for another lengthy ban? (Merged threads)

451 posts in this topic

The RFL have confirmed to League Express that they are investigating an alleged incident that took place in last Friday’s Leeds Rhinos v St Helens match – with several media outlets reporting it to be involving an alleged use of homophobic language from Leeds’ Zak Hardaker.

BBC Look North are reporting that it is Hardaker who is under investigation, and it is also our understanding that the full-back is under investigation.

The RFL have told us an incident from that game is under investigation.

Hardaker was suspended for five matches earlier this season after being found guilty of using homophobic language – if guilty again, he could face an eight-match suspension.

The post Is Zak Hardaker set for another lengthy ban? appeared first on Rugby League news and Super League scores | Total Rugby League.

View the full article on TotalRL.com

If this is true he really is an idiot. It didn't look good at the time. You would have hoped he had learnt his lesson from last time.

sorry Doghead

didn't see your thread

The RFL have confirmed to League Express that they are investigating an alleged incident that took place in last Friday’s Leeds Rhinos v St Helens match – with several media outlets reporting it to be involving an alleged use of homophobic language from Leeds’ Zak Hardaker.

BBC Look North are reporting that it is Hardaker who is under investigation, and it is also our understanding that the full-back is under investigation.

The RFL have told us an incident from that game is under investigation.

Hardaker was suspended for five matches earlier this season after being found guilty of using homophobic language – if guilty again, he could face an eight-match suspension.

More on this huge story here on TotalRL.com: http://www.totalrl.com/rfl-investigate-incident-leeds-v-st-helens/

Sorry guys but what can you expect when UKIP is ranked as your #1 political party.

If proved, then a bigger punishment than before is called for. Bringing the game into disrepute, too, as this is the kind of story the press will relish using to smear RL as a whole.

It would simplify the England fullback selection...

I've seen the video and it looks conclusive. I hope the RFL make an example of him; no amount of joking on twitter after the event that both players 'enjoy the banter' mitigates the fact that this goes against the Respect code.

I've seen the video and it looks conclusive. I hope the RFL make an example of him; no amount of joking on twitter after the event that both players 'enjoy the banter' mitigates the fact that this goes against the Respect code.

Most of the Twitter response is reasonable. A few idiots are claiming that there is a "which (sic) hunt" or that banter is part of the sport. If what he's alleged to have said is 'banter', then the Algonquin Round Table can rest easy.

I've not seen the video, I'd like to think he wouldn't be so stupid but who knows

Surely if what many think has happened did happen, then the ban would be much longer than 8 matches?

I am not condoning it at all if he is guilty,but surely he can't be the only player coming out with this sort of thing during games.Maybe they should do what they do in baseball and cover their mouth's when they speak

I am not condoning it at all if he is guilty,but surely he can't be the only player coming out with this sort of thing during games.Maybe they should do what they do in baseball and cover their mouth's when they speak

I think he probably is, and if not, they should ban everyone else. If proven he doesn't deserve to play for England again.

I think he probably is, and if not, they should ban everyone else. If proven he doesn't deserve to play for England again.

Leeds have sacked players in the past.If they did actually dismiss this player how many on here would have him play for their club?

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, September 2, 2014 - No reason given

He must be in denial, he was still denying he's gay when kissing me last night.

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said. He certainly shouldn't be judged until all the facts are out. I have seen players blow kisses at each other many times in all the time I've watched RL.

I'm sure the RFL will be asking the players close to the incident and the referee. He has been found guilty once before and I am sure that was a thorough investigated also.

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said.

Me too.

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said. He certainly shouldn't be judged until all the facts are out. I have seen players blow kisses at each other many times in all the time I've watched RL.

I'm sure the RFL will be asking the players close to the incident and the referee. He has been found guilty once before and I am sure that was a thorough investigated also.

Yep, I must admit, the Super League logo is flashed over his mouth on the clips I saw, I didn't see it live, so I have no idea what he said - as you say, an investigation will flush it out though.

Can I just ask where you watch your RL, as I can't ever recall seeing players blowing kisses at each other, let alone many times!

Can I just ask where you watch your RL, as I can't ever recall seeing players blowing kisses at each other, let alone many times!

Lancashire.

Yep, I must admit, the Super League logo is flashed over his mouth on the clips I saw, I didn't see it live, so I have no idea what he said - as you say, an investigation will flush it out though.

I have watched RL for many years and pretty much seen everything from players blowing kisses at referees when they have been marched 10 to kiss my **** gestures between players.

Also witnessed it when I was playing my first open age game at 16, very burley loose forward pretty much verbally and physically abusing me every time I got tackled. He would have been hung drawn and quartered in today's climate. Thank goodness that stuff is very rarely in the game nowadays. 

Who was it that spotted these alleged comments by Hardaker? Do they scrutinize every single close up of every single player?

Who was it that spotted these alleged comments by Hardaker? Do they scrutinize every single close up of every single player?

He was on camera when he said something that make Flanagan, who was walking away, turn round and head back towards him before the two were separated. 

They don't have a dedicated camera on every single player's lips all match long, but when you've just scored, you tend to be centre screen.

It was during a close up on him, Stevo picked up on it during the game and they showed replays.

It was discussed on the match thread.

It is natural that the RFL will look into it, even if nothing comes of it.