Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LordCharles

NWC Traditional Season League - Press Release & Meeting Information

Only 6 out of 30 Pennine league fixtures went ahead yesterday which is 20%. With a mid week break and cups in January clubs who had their season restarted late are going to struggle to get their games in. Whereas Stanningley have just 2 fixtures left for the whole rest of the season

The proof is in the fact that the Pennine league had to sacrifice their Championship division just to get 6 premier division teams and the North West Counties League was horrific despite the months of promotion you and others gave it on here. Admittedly Hull's an anomaly in that winter rugby league is working there.

Bowes a large proportion of the failings in the NWC fall firmly at the door of the OA administrators and their lack of ability to promote their offering and deliver something worthwhile.

Unfortunately we are not in 1974 anymore and you need to plan, communicate and deliver if you want to achieve a successful competition, it simply will not happen on its own as this season clearly shows.

Bowes a large proportion of the failings in the NWC fall firmly at the door of the OA administrators and their lack of ability to promote their offering and deliver something worthwhile.

Unfortunately we are not in 1974 anymore and you need to plan, communicate and deliver if you want to achieve a successful competition, it simply will not happen on its own as this season clearly shows.

That's a bit harsh, they put on a meaningful competition this winter. Was communicated to all clubs in advance, there were enough clubs to start the completion but players have voted with their feet and it's been wound up.

Spidey it was last minute and very unclear as to what was happening, how it would happen and when it would happen. Perhaps this is what some people want, perhaps this will make certain organisations happy, but is it in the best interests of the sport?

In my opinion it isn't.

When I look back on data from this season across all age groups from u7's - Open age it is clear in the NWC the sport is thriving in certain age brackets, particularly at the younger end.

What is also very apparent is that where age groups do not play in July and August (U7's-U15's) the fixture completion rate is consistent (85%+) across all the other months in which fixtures are played, this includes September, October and November.

However the competitions that have struggled the most and have worrying fixture completion rates at some stages during the calendar do schedule fixtures in July and August, still believe that is the correct way forward even though the statistical data suggests otherwise and fail to acknowledge that apart from 3 months, March, April and May at U16's all of the participants are no longer in mainstream education.

We currently play in 8 of the 10 months we did throughout a September to June season, yet fixture completion is no better, possibly even worse at some age groups, participation is definitely not increasing at these age groups and no matter how many surveys or reviews are being done there are no solutions being put on the table to address the issues we still have as a sport that we were told would be resolved/improved as a direct result of the switch to a March-November season.

After 3 March-November seasons we still face the same issues as we did before and are no nearer to resolving the majority of them.

Should anybody want to argue a case and put forward clear examples of the issues that have been resolved at competitive league level as a result of the new playing season and can evidence how they have been resolved it would be great to see what they have to say.

Also if anybody can outline the solutions that have been tabled as a result of the collection of endless amounts of data and opinion through the surveys and reviews that have been concluded during the last 3 seasons, again it would be great to see what they have to say.

I think they did try but there just weren't enough teams interested to put something together better or quicker. Lots of clubs that were interested in winter either folded or had to switch to summer as they were losing players. Albert Park were a division 1 NWCL team before they declined to switch to summer and now don't exist as perhaps the most extreme example

It is quite interesting that despite several pertinent questions being asked no one seems to have the ability or knowledge to answer them .

LC you won't get any feedback, I have quoted statistics and facts and people chose to ignore them and sidetrack any argument.

I worry for the Pennine now the administrators are on side with the RFL

Look at the RFL business plan they have stated they will put £11.5 million into increasing participation upto 2017 so nearly £4 million per year, where is it? Where is it going to be spent? And who by?

As we keep saying the switch was to increase Participation, Revenue, Standards nobody comes back with any meaningful facts, except the players like summer, we all like the nice weather so why are we having a break in July August when this is the height of summer, is it because everyone does other things like we all said.

The RFL agree with your stats and agree things are not right but don't have a solution, we can't change back as even though we know it ain't working there would be too much disruption.

The game is dying and there appears no plan or solution to improve things or am I wrong

If players vote with their feet for summer statistics are irrelevent

I thought an earlier post was possibly the most ridiculous I had read on here in a long time, your offering above Bowes does however rival it.

The world is run on data and statistics to suggest they are irrelevant when they identify areas that need to be reviewed, debated and rectified is possibly the same unqualified rationale that has resulted in the game at Community level currently being in the state it is from 16's upwards.

If players vote with their feet for summer statistics are irrelevent

Bowes for once you are right, the players are voting with their feet and appear to be walking away from the game, along with the unsung hero's the club volunteers

Bowes for once you are right, the players are voting with their feet and appear to be walking away from the game, along with the unsung hero's the club volunteers

Yeah that is happening as well for definite

So now we need the answer to this question which is more of an issue players voting with their feet not to play in winter , and players voting with their feet and leaving the game for good ?

The answer is not RL wins .

There's 2 issues here really.

1. Is that disproportionately committees are more likely to want winter than players

2. Players are drifting away from the game full stop

The former means we have lots of winter clubs with insufficient players to fill them and I guess will end up with a drift to summer probably ready for 2015. The latter either we need fewer, stronger clubs or (better by far but much more difficult) a way of attracting more players needs to be found.

Are players walking away as they are becoming disillusioned with split and divided clubs in bickering??

Are players only being counted once now?

RL wins if clubs now become United!

Finally if administrators are walking away from clubs its because they are spitting their dummies out at not getting their own way! Well good riddance! If someone isnt going to be constructive they may as well jog on rather than de-stabilise!

Are players walking away as they are becoming disillusioned with split and divided clubs in bickering??

Are players only being counted once now?

RL wins if clubs now become United!

Finally if administrators are walking away from clubs its because they are spitting their dummies out at not getting their own way! Well good riddance! If someone isnt going to be constructive they may as well jog on rather than de-stabilise!

Jog on then ;)

Jog on then ;)

I'd suggest your influence is more divisive spending months last season trying to get clubs to leave a reasonable league set up with a few blemishes to join a failed league that woukdnt see out the season.

I wouldn't say the same of Defender1 as what he says may well be true in Hull where there seems more support for winter than elsewhere

I'd suggest your influence is more divisive spending months last season trying to get clubs to leave a reasonable league set up with a few blemishes to join a failed league that woukdnt see out the season.

I wouldn't say the same of Defender1 as what he says may well be true in Hull where there seems more support for winter than elsewhere

Really Bowes?

I have never attempted to influence anyone to "leave" any league, I have however always said that there is more than one option for those not happy with what they currently had/have.