Aude Pays Cathare Rugby XIII

audois

The three local clubs here seem to be talking about joined up thinking. The Presidents of Carcassonne, Lezignan and Limoux have met recently to see how they can,as one, take the game forward. First of all they are putting up a new trophy for the best all-round club. This will involve all the teams under the respective ASC,FCL and Limoux banners from U14s, U16s, U21s & Elite 1. Over the whole seasons 24 games in total.

Although each town is a rallying call for the treize in its locality the Presidents feel that together they must unite to make the game and brand stronger and more prominent across the whole area with a population of 300,000 or so.

I think there is a link with this development to the apparent news that a team representing the area will play a game against the Catalan Dragons next January. Interestingly Toulouse Olympique will play SL opposition travelling to Warrington next January too. Linking this with what Jonty mentioned elswhere wouldn't a game with Cumbria be a decent match against an Aude selection. This area also has need of a more attractive calendar and this type of thing I'm sure would be well received.

cathare_zps2a30fc35.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This representative team could extend challenges to all sorts of territories, if the money's there for them to travel. Cumbria, Wales, Eastern Europe wherever...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is such good thinking and a great way to test the water with this sort of venture. I hope it goes well and they reach the logical conclusion.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Behind the Aude elite clubs the rest of the game gets going this weekend. Its the best its been since a good decade or more for me.

National 1

Prexian

Ferrals

Villeneuve Minervois

Villegallenc

National 2

St Laurent Cabrerisse

Val de Dagne

Ornaisons

N1 consists of 19 clubs this year in two pools and has a national spread; N2 is regionalised with our clubs having 9 sides playing from the Aude & Catalan area. Plenty of decenty derbys there hopefully to keep fans interested in the Sundays to come.

ASC-Limoux should be worth a look tomorrow at Domec; both sides awaiting their own overseas recruits I understand. The young lad from Limoux Sydney Roosters bound next year Mickalezyck could feature too while ASC coach Laurent Garnier, the first full time appointment the Canaris have made will want to build on their win last week against the comps favourites Toulouse.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

The three local clubs here seem to be talking about joined up thinking. The Presidents of Carcassonne, Lezignan and Limoux have met recently to see how they can,as one, take the game forward. First of all they are putting up a new trophy for the best all-round club. This will involve all the teams under the respective ASC,FCL and Limoux banners from U14s, U16s, U21s & Elite 1. Over the whole seasons 24 games in total.

Although each town is a rallying call for the treize in its locality the Presidents feel that together they must unite to make the game and brand stronger and more prominent across the whole area with a population of 300,000 or so.

I think there is a link with this development to the apparent news that a team representing the area will play a game against the Catalan Dragons next January. Interestingly Toulouse Olympique will play SL opposition travelling to Warrington next January too. Linking this with what Jonty mentioned elswhere wouldn't a game with Cumbria be a decent match against an Aude selection. This area also has need of a more attractive calendar and this type of thing I'm sure would be well received.

cathare_zps2a30fc35.jpg

An article from the French league website indicates the intention is to form a joint venture to apply for super league.

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59302

Yeah it keeps being mentioned doesn't it! If the game goes ahead against the Catalan Dragons and attracts a decent crowd to Domec that well may give impetus to the project. The key then will be getting some top Championship sides to cross the Channel pre-season or/and a representative game against the likes of Cumbria. The latter possibily in the Autumn; as ever though it will be down to the finances and availability.

This will be our 4th trip over there to watch games - had some great hospitality at both Toulouse and Carcassonne - love it!

That is such a refreshing attitude compared to some of the more negative posters on this site.

Good on ya

That is such a refreshing attitude compared to some of the more negative posters on this site.

Good on ya

Too true

It seems that there are still a few who love the game enough to actually enjoy it - truly amazing and wish there were a lot more of these than moaners, maybe the tide is finally turning - I really hope so!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Good to hear Audois, could, in theory a Aude Pays Cathare team work like this: A core of 30 players, 10 from each of the three clubs, the 19 that are selected are in the match day squad are there and the remaining 11 return to junior sides such as Catalan players do with St Esteve, but those 3 clubs still operate as individual teams and home games are rotated between the 3 grounds and every weekend they're at home there would be a double header with the junior club. If they could get on TOXIII's ever elusive tv deal they'd be looking good

Good to hear Audois, could, in theory a Aude Pays Cathare team work like this: A core of 30 players, 10 from each of the three clubs, the 19 that are selected are in the match day squad are there and the remaining 11 return to junior sides such as Catalan players do with St Esteve, but those 3 clubs still operate as individual teams and home games are rotated between the 3 grounds and every weekend they're at home there would be a double header with the junior club. If they could get on TOXIII's ever elusive tv deal they'd be looking good

I suggested the exact same thing for Cumbria....

It would work but you wont get much joy off the luddites on here!

An article from the French league website indicates the intention is to form a joint venture to apply for super league.

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59302

And two weeks before that, the former ASC president was talking about a french professionnal summer league...

Too bad, we don't have a french word for vaporware...

I suggested the exact same thing for Cumbria....

It would work but you wont get much joy off the luddites on here!

You're in good company as I've often thought it would work for Cumbria, however, Lezignan, Carcassonne and Limoux are 50 mins between eachother and ou have to pass through one to get to the other. Barrow's quite a way from Town and Haven no?

This weekend overseas lads not very much in evidence. Just one featuring this afternoon at FCL-Avignon and one in last nights ASC-Limoux. They're on their way though but not in the numbers a short time back. The Grizzlies a pale shadow of last term when they finished autumn champions. Stacked with local kids looking about a stone lighter per man than the Canaris. They gave it a go though for a while before falling away (52-6). Missed Ferriol big time still tendering his vines The standard of play is dropping away to its real level I think. But the up side could be that it'll get nearer to Elite 2 and then we may have a lot more clubs at an even level. I'd rather have that than seeing an 8 club comp regularly appearing in the publicity that there is; yes lower standards but more teams and greater French involvement.

The standard of play is dropping away to its real level I think. But the up side could be that it'll get nearer to Elite 2 and then we may have a lot more clubs at an even level. I'd rather have that than seeing an 8 club comp regularly appearing in the publicity that there is; yes lower standards but more teams and greater French involvement.

Is there any news/chance of Albi joining Elite 1? I heard something a while back and with them hosting the Wales game this year, following a successful season last time out I was just wondering if that was part of the plan? I assume they may be able to feed of Toulouse youth system to an extent, but don't know about the relations there.

Archived