Alan Henning

steve wild

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are the club able to confirm details of the Salford game yet. Salford website shows game as 3pm KO on Sun 18th Jan. Tickets are on sale via there website at £20 , which seems excessive for what is a charity/pre season friendly.

Hi Dave /All

I hope to have more news on the game tomorrow so I will post info as soon as I know the final details.  As you say on their website the Adult prices show as £ 20.00 and the Juniors and Concessions show at £ 10.00.  Looks like main stand and standing area on Irlam end will be open.

Will confirm all when my counterpart returns my call.

Riggy

I can advise you that both our Chairman and myself have made numerous requests to the Salford CEO but to date haven't been afforded a reply to tell us ticket prices, points of sale etc.

The club are therefore as reliant on third party information as any forum reader is.

I tweeted Koukash and Martin Vickers asking for details some days ago and never received a reply.The game is ridiculously over priced and the cost will put many off .I fully understand what the game is about but surely £10 and a couple of quid for kids would have enticed people from the locality who wouldn't normally watch Rugby League.

Having made contact with my counterpart at the A.J.Bell this morning i can confirm the game will be played on Sunday 18th Jan 2015 with a 3pm Kick Off.

They think that only the Main Stand will be open and the cost for adults is £ 20.00   and for Juniors and Concessions £ 10.00.

I am waiting for a phone call back about trying to sit the Swinton fans all together in one area so their ticket office are seeing what they can do but i will try and update later with how to obtain tickets.

Cheers

Riggy

"They think that only the Main Stand will be open and the cost for adults is £ 20.00 and for Juniors and Concessions £ 10.00."

So much for a 'charity match' Business first, all others, take your place in the queue for any leftovers (if you're lucky).

There seems to be zero promotion of the game considering its only just over a week away and the aim is to raise as much cash as possible for Alan HENNINGS children.A good promotional campaign,realistic pricing,decent entertainment pre match would have achieved a decent attendance in my opinion.

There seems to be zero promotion of the game considering its only just over a week away and the aim is to raise as much cash as possible for Alan HENNINGS children.A good promotional campaign,realistic pricing,decent entertainment pre match would have achieved a decent attendance in my opinion.

Exactly! Well put Dave. Some people live in a dreamworld don't they?

Archived