New Stadium.

Clarence St

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the point Constantine, you'd think J.M. Packaging would need every bit of spare cash to try and improve City's team. Let's face it, every penny spent on the Knights would be a penny less for York City. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a change but don't want us going from the frying pan into the fire due to our enthusiasm for getting out of the frying pan and not stopping to examine any potential pitfalls.

JM Packaging will be hoping to not need putting anything in once the move goes through. The only reason they have invested £1.8m is that they should get most of it back once the sale of BC goes through. York City (and to some extent the Knights too should the takeover be successful) will need to live within its own means. JG has publicly stated that it has never made a loss so should be achievable (though by the sounds of it the club has been propped up by "share issues" and buying bricks with your name on them to bring about this position!)

JM Packaging will be hoping to not need putting anything in once the move goes through. The only reason they have invested £1.8m is that they should get most of it back once the sale of BC goes through. York City (and to some extent the Knights too should the takeover be successful) will need to live within its own means. JG has publicly stated that it has never made a loss so should be achievable (though by the sounds of it the club has been propped up by "share issues" and buying bricks with your name on them to bring about this position!)

The club will be able to repair its reputation under new ownership, which obviously means more support, more sponsorship, more players prepared to play for us, more clubs willing to offer support. JM Packaging will offer the resources necessary to do this, be it cash, business contacts or contact in the higher end of the sport. Frightening that people can't see the benefits yet continue to creep up the rear of a despotic owner who has totally ruined any goodwill the club had, if people like me and the members of KISS have had enough, what do the casual RL supporters think? Do people really see a positive future with him and his mates at the helm? Really? If you do, come on and tell me the positives they bring.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

As you say Simon if diehard fans have had enough, you cant blame the casual fan not bothering, my kids cant believe that ive had enough of this farce that is J.G, lets hope while hes on holiday he comes to his senses and stays in Spain, but not too close to where I go, with a bit of luck.

Not a mention in the Press now for 2 days since the Council meeting - does this mean no agreement or something big to be announced maybe at the weekend??

Now 6 days - surely the bl**dy council could give us clue...or don't they have any?

Now 6 days - surely the bl**dy council could give us clue...or don't they have any?

I'm sure the club could give us a clue as well?

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Colin

This is not of the councils doing, they offered a deal which you have seen. The owner of YCK turned down the deal, the new directors are now trying to reopen negotiations.

An analogy. Imagine you are buying a car from Coopers BMW and you agree the deal and then you go go back the following day and ask them to put mud flaps on they agree, then a couple of days later you go back and ask for floor mats and they decide enough is enough and say take it or leave it and you leave the negotiation.

Is it up to the vendor to open the negotiation again?

Colin

This is not of the councils doing, they offered a deal which you have seen. The owner of YCK turned down the deal, the new directors are now trying to reopen negotiations.

An anology imagine you are buying a car from Coopers BMW and you agree the deal and then you go go back the following day and ask them to put mud flaps on they agree then a couple of days later you go back and ask for floor mats and they decide enough is enough and say take it or leave it and you leave the negotion. Is it up to the vendor to open the negotiation again?

Gary - the deal we were shown did not have enough detail behind the figures for me - if its that brilliant JG (and/or any other person) would have signed it.

Out on the beer with a 40 year York City season ticket holder this Friday night - spoke yesterday - I'm not the only one that remains to be convinced...

if its that brilliant JG (and/or any other person) would have signed it.

That would have been the logical and fair thing to do you'd have thought.

Do people really think the council made the unprecedented step of that statement just for a laugh? Just because they didn't like Rugby League? They've never had to do anything like that ever before regardless of project and they will have taken every single bit of legal advice before doing it. The man has totally ruined our club with his actions, regardless of anything that's gone before. Notice they keep mentioning "improving his position" why's that? Because he's been trying to do whats best for his position, not the club. Pretty simple really and it beggars belief that some fans (although that number decreases daily) can't see that. 

Guildford had:

• used numerous threats of litigation and formal legal process in an attempt to better his terms 
• lodged objections to planning submissions impeding the project’s progress 
• made a number of serious – and unfounded – allegations towards both the authority and individual staff members
• made a series of misleading statements via the media.

Tanburn added that agreements previously reached had offered the Knights a "fantastic range of facilities and secured a commercially sustainable future for the Knights" and that Guildford had agreed to them in September 2014 but did not sign the agreements, "seeking further improvement of his position".

She stated: "He then used formal legal process to contest his vacation from the bar at Huntington Stadium in another attempt to improve his position. At this stage the council was forced to withdraw from negotiations to protect the financial and legal interests of the council."

She said Guildford, as of December 16, had withdrawn allegations made recently against the council but added: "Given the frequent threats, change of position and brinksmanship, we no longer have the necessary confidence in the working relationship with Mr Guildford to enable negotiations with him.

"Mr Guildford’s actions over the last two years have taken up valuable time and additional resource, at great unnecessary cost to the council and therefore the taxpayers of York, besides risking the development of the stadium itself.

"We have taken the decision therefore to move forward with the project without Mr Guildford’s involvement."

Thanks to all concerned for the statement in Saturdays Press giving us an update on the situation

Told us nowt really though did it. Other than one of the new directors thinks it's acceptable to liaise with fans via the Press comments section, rather than the clubs proper media streams. Nice of Pete Martini to get him out of that one though by copying and pasting the comment straight into an article. Still, at least he didn't use it as an opportunity to slag off the pittance the supporters club have raised for the club, so there's that.

Told us nowt really though did it. Other than one of the new directors thinks it's acceptable to liaise with fans via the Press comments section, rather than the clubs proper media streams. Nice of Pete Martini to get him out of that one though by copying and pasting the comment straight into an article. Still, at least he didn't use it as an opportunity to slag off the pittance the supporters club have raised for the club, so there's that.

Can't please all the people all the time Simon - sounds like you will only be happy when you get exactly what you want no matter what anyone else thinks

At least it sounded like it might be sorted sooner rather than later

Can't please all the people all the time Simon - sounds like you will only be happy when you get exactly what you want no matter what anyone else thinks

At least it sounded like it might be sorted sooner rather than later

I'll be happy when we've got a professionally run club with a bright future. Until then...

So Simon is the rumour correct on just how ''professional'' the offer was from Mr Mc to take over??

Hand written letter in hand written envelope with 2nd Class stamp saying he might be interested? Understand he has also now been given the correct figures regarding central funding which has made him think again, which could be a problem as there is a very good chance we may not have a club to support after this Friday night

So Simon is the rumour correct on just how ''professional'' the offer was from Mr Mc to take over??

Hand written letter in hand written envelope with 2nd Class stamp saying he might be interested? Understand he has also now been given the correct figures regarding central funding which has made him think again, which could be a problem as there is a very good chance we may not have a club to support after this Friday night

A 1st class franked letter is 49p (which is how it was sent, I saw the picture and ridiculous comment he posted on facebook that he then hastily removed when that was pointed out), but regardless you'd think surely he'd at least respond if he actually cared about RL in York? Why wouldn't he at least have a chat? Pretty obvious the club in its current guise is just a lifestyle business for him and his family. You, I and every other sponsor and supporter have been paying towards that for years. 

McGill still seemed very keen when I spoke to him yesterday morning, and he knows exactly what the central funding is.

Did John tell you that the club might go bust on Friday? He told me in September that the Knights and Oldham were withdrawing from the league then so I tend to not believe much, if anything, he says.

Simon - hope you are right about still been keen & the funding etc - if not reckon we could be in serious trouble

Me & you aren't going to agree on a lot of this, but if it comes to a head & the full facts come out then others can judge for themselves

Simon - hope you are right about still been keen & the funding etc - if not reckon we could be in serious trouble

Me & you aren't going to agree on a lot of this, but if it comes to a head & the full facts come out then others can judge for themselves

Has anyone actually wondered why loyal and diehard fans like me have turned so vociferously against the current regime? It's not a personality clash or something petty like that, we were there buying washing powder when the club couldn't afford any to wash the kit, following home and away every week and watching poor sides put 98 points on us, travelling to France and paying for flights twice after they changed the game date, raising money by working every single weekend evening for a year, still giving money and work despite being told it was inadequate. Yet now I can't bring myself to go to a game?

I honestly can't wait for the full facts to come out. Although I reckon if and when they do, someone could be in some serious trouble and you'll all wonder why on earth you supported them.

''I reckon if and when they do, someone could be in some serious trouble and you'll all wonder why on earth you supported them''

Really, really believe me - one person won't be the only one...

If anyone has been up to no good then I hope they get exactly what's coming to them.

But I'm sorry Col, if your information comes from Guildford himself he's been proven time and time again to be delusional, a liar and a fantasist on numerous occasions by people who've then gone to the expense and time of proving that legally. I can't believe anything at all that man says, if he said grass was green I'd double check with a greenkeeper to make sure.

I've got emails from him myself where he lies about what the club have been offered, accuses council leaders of misappropriating funds and rants about how the stadium will impact on residents as well as questioning my own integrity, so I know full well not to believe a word.

A good example of Guildford being a liar is when he said he has backers for a new stadium on the bypass where the new fire stadium is to be built,then a month later said he had made it all up, the man is an idiot and so are the brown nose followers of his.

A good example of Guildford being a liar is when he said he has backers for a new stadium on the bypass where the new fire stadium is to be built,then a month later said he had made it all up, the man is an idiot and so are the brown nose followers of his.

Bit nasty, but then again you know very little about what's going on

What gets me John is all these lies and lunacy have been played out in the media yet people still back him. A simple name search on the Press website archive pulls up numerous articles and contradictory statements. Mad as a box of frogs and the club is only going one way with him in charge, people who can see this really need to start canvassing the RFL and get them to step in and stop this before its too late. Fact is he'd rather see the club go bust than sell it to McGill for him to make a success of.

Archived