Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yorkie44

Girls rugby league

We arr looking in to starting a girls side next year at our club, we have identified that we could get good numbers at all age groups.

We came to this conclusion after been invited to host a training session at one high school in York, after the teacher said he had a lot of interest from girls wanting to play outside of school, the school we went into and at least one other have very good numbers for training and games. For the record around 50 girls turned up for our taster session and we are looking to host more next year, in the aim of starting a team for the 2015 season.

My question is does anyone know the state of gis rugby league? Is there a competition, at what age group(s), how many clubs have teams, is it local, national? Is it worthwhile starting a team will the girls get enough rugby?

Many thanks that seems to be a bit not of a conclusive list than on club locator well easier to read. Although I know one of the clubs on there don't operate anymore. Thank you

We arr looking in to starting a girls side next year at our club, we have identified that we could get good numbers at all age groups.

We came to this conclusion after been invited to host a training session at one high school in York, after the teacher said he had a lot of interest from girls wanting to play outside of school, the school we went into and at least one other have very good numbers for training and games. For the record around 50 girls turned up for our taster session and we are looking to host more next year, in the aim of starting a team for the 2015 season.

My question is does anyone know the state of gis rugby league? Is there a competition, at what age group(s), how many clubs have teams, is it local, national? Is it worthwhile starting a team will the girls get enough rugby?

that is fantastic to hear. my daughter(10) loved playing last season. we, chester gladiators, dont have enough for a girls only side but know thatto heath and crosfields in the north west do. maybe someone there can help you